Australia’s Next Top Model Kicks Off With 50 But Whittles Down To 15
Australia’s Next Top Model started tonight after a years hiatus with a new host Jennifer Hawkins.
It kicked off with a top 50 boot camp which quickly saw half the girls eliminated after they were seen without make up and they were given a quick going over by the judges. Then it was a walking over a wobbly plank and a convict photo shoot and we had our top fifteen.
A few quick thoughts about the episode:
- Clearly I don’t have the “model” eye as when they told the weeping Taylor she was one of the favourites I thought “huh?”.
- Jennifer Hawkins seems like she is an able replacement for Sarah Murdoch and should gain more confidence as the series continues;
- Love Didier, but they did that made him look crazed when they introduced him to the models just before they walked the plank? Also I was mesmerised by the whiteness of Jennifer and Didier’s teeth;
- Speaking of the plank it appeared to get more droopy and unbalanced as the challenge went along, which must have made it harder for the girls who had to strut later in the challenge;
- Pretty good that the top 15 will be flying straight to Thailand, though it must be the new trend in Next Top Model as the first challenge in the British series was set in Dubai.
Top 15 girls are:
Abbie, Shanali, Dajana, Rhiannon, Chanique, Ashley, Brooke , Taylor, Madeline, Jade, Duckie, Shannon, Melissa, and April.
What did you think of the first episode?
Australia’s Next Top Model is on Tuesday night on Fox 8