Formal Wars – Melanie Vallejo To Host

I am really not sure what this Formal Wars, probably trashy with some young princesses wanting to make sure their night of nights is perfect, well until they have too much Passionpop.

Melanie Vallejo from Winners and Losers has been announced as host.

Here is the press release below:

There will be tears, tantrums and triumphs as a group of Aussie teens prepare for the biggest night of their lives, the high school formal, in Seven’s new reality show Formal Wars.

Channel Seven today announced Winners & Losers’ star Melanie Vallejo as the host of the new reality show, Formal Wars, in which a group of high school students hand control of their high school formal to their parents.

What’s more important to a high school student than the school formal? Nothing! It’s the biggest social event on their calendar, the Cinderella moment when they’re transformed from a gawky teen to the glamorous adult they’re destined to become. But will the fairytale turn into a nightmare when all control is taken away?

Each week Formal Wars sees two high school students receive $2000 towards the cost of their school formal. But there is a catch: if they accept the money then all the decisions are taken out of their hands and their parents take charge. Mum and dad will decide what they wear, who they take as their date and even how they’re transported to the event.

But will these modern-day Fairy Godmothers and Fathers get it right? How well do they know their own children? And whose taste will rule? Relationships and trust will be put to the test as emotions run high and expectations soar.

Host Melanie Vallejo – best known for playing Sophie Wong in Seven’s hit drama Winners & Losers – said she was thrilled to take on the new role.

“It’s been so much fun hosting this show, and seeing how these kids react,” Melanie said.

“This is the biggest event in their lives and they have very strong views about what they want and how they want to look, the turmoil created when we hand control over to their parents is hilarious and at times surprisingly heartwarming.”

Formal Wars is a Matchbox Pictures Production and is coming soon to Seven.

Will you be watching it?

1 Joseph Skyrim { 07.11.13 at 2:51 pm }

I think I’ll be giving that one a miss. High school is not really a section of my fondest memories.

2 Bolders { 07.11.13 at 4:22 pm }

At least they have kept the local terminology and haven’t tried to get us to use prom.

Have I told you lately how much I hate the Americanisation of our language?

3 Eliza { 07.11.13 at 4:55 pm }

Sounds just like a version of My (Super) Sweet 16th.. waaay too Americanised and the sort of show that usually doesn’t tend to work here (like The Shire). In saying that, I will happily watch the US versions on MTV with the mindset “only in America…”. I have watched just about every episode of Laguna Beach, The Hills and The City… (hangs head in shame).

4 Bolders { 07.11.13 at 5:14 pm }

Eliza the first step in recovery is admiting one has a problem.

There is no shame when you name.

You’ve reminded me of the Shire and what an absolute wreck that was. I know they fashioned it on Jersey Shore which was popular. Maybe in Australia we dont like watching that many wankers if they have an Australian accent.

I swear I could hear the groaning across Australia in the first episode of the Shire. Something along the lines of:

Oh come ON, dickhead!

(Some potty mouth on me today. Sorry. )

5 brain dead dave { 07.11.13 at 5:45 pm }

Yes , the Americanisation of our language. When a mixed group of men and women is addressed now, it’s the ubiquitous~ “Guys”

What the **** is going on ,gice?

6 Georgie { 07.11.13 at 6:42 pm }

We already have to suffer the schoolies wars on the news every December and then there’s the Saturday night drunken brawls every Sunday night. Now we can watch them get dressed up for it first.

7 Bolders { 07.11.13 at 8:42 pm }

@BDD exactly – and sometimes preceded by : good jahb.

Good job guys.

Groan and vomit.

8 Daisy { 07.11.13 at 10:35 pm }

I’ll just be an old pain in the bum and say the money they spend on these things nowadays is ridiculous. Do they have anymore fun than we did at our school social or school ball just because they spend thousands of dollars (some do)?
All you need to have fun are good friends, a few cute boys and a few cute girls, some fun music. Maybe a sneaky drink but not so much that you spew on your dress. And the boy/girl you’ve had your eye on to take you around the back for a pash.

I’m sorry high school was unkind for you Joseph.

9 Eliza { 07.11.13 at 11:47 pm }

Hey Joseph, at least you didn’t peak in high school then, I am assuming ;P (<- this signifies a joke, no offense intended). There is nothing worse than being the pretty/hot/cute popular kid then losing your looks/going nowhere after school.

Yes, Bolders, admitting my problem is the first step. My family have also told me on many occasion that these shows are crap. Although my mum did watch every episode of the last season of The Hills with me.. Whether she would admit to that I am not sure.

I think our culture just isn't into this type of stuff as much as Americans are. I have drawn the line at ever watching Jersey Shore or that other horrid English show they are filming over here. There's trash then there's TRASH. I think we just come to expect more of this type of thing from the US, however when they try to do shows like The Shire we can see through it more. I keep accidentally misspelling The Shire as The Shite.. Ironic?

10 Tash { 07.13.13 at 7:51 pm }

You got to be kidding me… Who the hell makes up these stupid shows. I HOPE THIS SHIT GETS AXED

11 kidney failure { 07.17.13 at 2:32 am }

Guy.. I am not much into studying, but for some reason I got to learn lots of content on your weblog. Its incredible how interesting it is will be able to visit an individual very often. —