Masterchef Australia – Did The Right Person Get Eliminated?

Tonight the challenge was like a high end Ready Steady Cook where the cooks had to make a dish out of a bizarre set of ingredients. However the twist was they had to bid on the ingredients, not with money but with minutes taken from their cooking time.

It was Jules, Rishi and Samira up for elimination with Jules admitting that she had been too cocky the previous challenge, Samira admitting that it was her fault they were there and Rishi admitting he was not too happy about the situation.

If Daniel was up for elimination there would have been the obligatory six pack shot, however the same standard is not set for Rishi. When this series is shown in India, Rishi is going to be wildly popular. Who knows maybe he can be Australia’s second Bollywood star after Tania Zaetta.

Rishi also appeared to be playing tactics when it came to the bidding doing his best to burn up the other Samira and Jules time and it worked.

They were all wanting the lamb, in the end Samira won it after the bidding was pushed up to 35 minutes. Jules who must have been day dreaming at the time thought she had had it and had missed Samira’s last bid. This left the lobster and rabbit and Jules went hard for the shellfish and lost 50 minutes of her cooking time. Rishi did not appear to be too bothered he had rabbit and he had not cooked it before.

The next lost of ingredients was dairy they would be landed with either yoghurt, cream or goats cheese. Jules did not want yoghurt but thought Samira did and bid 10 minutes on it and none of the others came in, so she was stuck with it.

This left her with only 30 minutes to cook so she had no choice but take the vegetables that were left over and they were asian ones. However would any of the vegetables on offer really have gone with her protein? She was in a world of pain and was distressed before she even started cooking.

Rishi was in poll position with the rabbit, goat cheese and root vegetables. However he had never cooked rabbit before so he was looking at the peanut gallery for advice. For once this was a help not a hinderance. Though they were yelling at him to take it out of the frying pan and he kept on cooking it. Matt Preston thought it was a “wow of a dish”.

Samira was also looking highly strung in this challenge, however this was more from dodgy editing then what really happened out in the kitchen.

In fact the previews hinted Samira ran out of the kitchen when George told her to “calm down” however it turned out that she was running out to get ingredients from the garden. The “calm down” was when she was trying to whip cream and sprayed it everywhere. Samira was struggling and her tart cases were taking a long time to cook, and her lamb was raw in parts. In fact her dairy product was cream. Did it make it on the dish?

Jules also undercooked her lobster and had to pan fry it to cook it as did Samira. In the end the judges had to pick which was the best out of two bad dishes. In the end because Gary managed to fluke a cooked bit of lamb Samira was staying in the competition and Jules was eliminated.

It was a tad surprising as Jules had been sobbing and mentioned how her being on the show had been inspiring for her foster children. It was a pity as Jules has been one of the stronger cooks in the competition and one of the stronger personalities.

Masterchef Australia on TEN Sunday to Thursday night at 7.30pm.

1 Andrea { 07.16.13 at 7:29 pm }

I think you can guess, don’t want to spoil it for you.

2 Anna { 07.16.13 at 7:31 pm }

Daisy, I watched the show years ago on and off. Brooke shagged her daughters husband and had a baby. Then I tuned in 5-6 years later and her daughter grew up and Brooke shagged her fiance

So who is she shagging now?

3 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 7:32 pm }

Eliza perhaps I will just talk to myself at midnight…..and the crazy trolls.

4 Littlepetal { 07.16.13 at 7:33 pm }

TDF still on. I will be up, Daisy.

5 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 7:35 pm }

Haaauuuuhhh!!!!! Andrea, I just guessed. How Juuuuuiicy!!!

Anna, she’s done all of them so she’s recycling now and coming back for seconds.

6 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 7:37 pm }

OK Littlepetal. I won’t be riding but I will wave you on and pass you a drink and a high five :)

7 Dr T { 07.16.13 at 7:37 pm }

I don’t not watch cooking shows to see people drive cars – that is why I watch Formula 1… FFS

8 Anna { 07.16.13 at 7:38 pm }

Daisy, ta! Good to think that I’m not missing anything LOL

9 Anna { 07.16.13 at 7:38 pm }

DrT, Shine lost the plot an dtrying to get viewers any way they can

10 Anna { 07.16.13 at 7:45 pm }

Seems like they are playing tag instead of cooking…. Me thinks it’s time to tune out and tune in for the final 6

11 Dr T { 07.16.13 at 7:55 pm }

Watching them drive around is annoying pointless embarrassing $hit…

12 Littlepetal { 07.16.13 at 7:56 pm }

Look like next week is all about the immunity challenge. They worked in pairs and one pair or two? get eliminated each episode till Wed episode.

13 Anna { 07.16.13 at 8:05 pm }

Dr T, them not being able to read a map is annoying as well

14 Techhater { 07.16.13 at 8:09 pm }

Daisy and Littlepetal i’ll be up late tonight so will be here to have a chat.

Daisy I don’t watch B&B or Dr Phil but I do have a chuckle at your comments. 😛

15 Dr T { 07.16.13 at 8:11 pm }

Someone who didn’t have enough time to do double cooked chips last time… Is trying to do triple cooked for 50 people this time

16 Techhater { 07.16.13 at 8:21 pm }

Lynton and Rishi are my favourites but really hope the red team win tonight.

I’m liking the look of red’s “chips”

Haha Emma’s 3x cooked chips just reduced to 2x cooked chips.

17 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 8:29 pm }

TH Khalood’s kids moved out but she was stuck with her crunching, breathing husband.

Dr T, It’s not on here yet but thanks for the warning. If I want to see car rallies I’ll watch AR, if they damn well ever air it.

Eliza, I’ll join you in the jacket burning.

18 Andrea { 07.16.13 at 10:05 pm }

They only moved out for a month, they will be back as that 27 year old daughter won’t leave her cushy life with mummy for too long.

This episode of MC is a cross between TAR, Survivor and The Mole, so silly, anyone would be exhausted after all that running around, milking goats etc, and then have to make those sandwiches for car enthusiasts who didn’t seem all that grateful anyway.

Looks like another major breakdown for someone next time.

19 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 10:38 pm }

Because they can’t cook, the comp has them making burgers and sandwiches. Neha’s going to WIN this and it will probably be by boiling an egg.

Andrea, did you see how much weight the daughter and SIL had gainedslothing around letting mum do everything. OMG the even through their food rubbish on the floor. I agree. They’ll be back. They weren’t being grown up anyway living in a town house her parents had to but for them.

20 Andrea { 07.16.13 at 10:55 pm }

They are all as bad as each other, stupid family!

Do you think Neha can boil an egg?
Hot Dogs next time, can’t wait!

21 Techhater { 07.16.13 at 11:31 pm }

Andrea you beat me to it. I was going to ask if Neha could boil an egg. It makes you wonder when Jules couldn’t boil water.

“Fine Dining.” Hot Dogs. LOL. Can’t wait to tell my boss. We’ll be serving hot dogs from 8pm till midnight tomorrow night during State of Origin at the pub where I work.

GO THE BLUES! 😛

22 Daisy { 07.16.13 at 11:33 pm }

I think you’ll find all of this season’s recipes coming out in a kids cookbook.
hotdogs
pizza
toasted sandwiches
burgers
chips
damper

And some of them couldn’t even manage those.
What a bunch of masterchefs.

23 Littlepetal { 07.16.13 at 11:35 pm }

That is why they don’t put up the recipes on MC websites. Hardly any recipes from the contestants.

24 Techhater { 07.16.13 at 11:40 pm }

Daisy Cookbook or Activity Book. Eg. Fill in the missing letter/s to fine the mystery protein. E_G. (Here’s the 3 stooges clue. “it’s between F and H”)

25 Littlepetal { 07.16.13 at 11:43 pm }

Good one TH. LOL Since they can’t cook they might as well do some activities and learn about food

26 daisy { 07.16.13 at 11:51 pm }

We shouldn’t be harsh. They didn’t stuff up the toast.

27 Techhater { 07.16.13 at 11:53 pm }

No just everything else.

28 Eliza { 07.17.13 at 12:21 am }

From Master-strategist to Master-navigator. Hi Alpha Romeo!

Andrea, I was thinking that Verne was The Mole tonight leading his team astray. Good work.. hang on, wrong show!

Daisy, yes please let’s burn it. Anyone live in Melbourne and can get it for us? Ugghhh I hate it! How good was Lynton with that goat tonight though? Hopefully his good mate Daniel can take him shopping for some new clothes before he goes back to the middle of nowhere.

Techhater, Lynton and Rishi are my favourites too!

I was put off tonight by the synopsis saying that 5 people would be in elimination tomorrow night. They tricked me! There I was wondering how they were going to justify a red team win. I have a feeling that they have Samira firmly in their sights to say bye bye.

Oops, still awake..

29 Littlepetal { 07.17.13 at 12:28 am }

Eliza, I got trick too. 5 contestants in the elimination challenge. I thought Neha is going home. Noe I will think it is either Noelene or Samira. Maybe Samira won’t be cooking the hot dog.

30 Eliza { 07.17.13 at 12:39 am }

I am leaning towards Samira due to the fact that Noelene seems to be more of a personality. Although this didn’t seem to help Jules..

I just read her Throng interview and again, the people who they say in the interview they were closest to doesn’t match up with who the show tells us are their BFFs. I thought she was close to Emma too. Just like they made out that Verne, Totem and Nicky were close, but Totem didn’t mention any of them! Do I worry too much? I just find it odd.

31 daisy { 07.17.13 at 12:43 am }

Me too Eliza, but not for much longer.

I hope the image of George masterfully commanding Kelty to get down on all fours and then climbing on from behind doesn’t pop up in my dreams. That was the lowlight of tonight’s show for me.
L should auction that jacket off.

32 Eliza { 07.17.13 at 12:45 am }

Oh dear.. thanks for reminding me!

Slowly working back the clock.. time to turn this brain off!

33 Dr T { 07.17.13 at 8:00 am }

George is really getting close to Kelty… that seafood ravioli is still fresh in his mind obviously

34 Andrea { 07.17.13 at 8:22 am }

techhater@71, do you need help with the hot dogs tonight? I’m sure the MC contestants can help you if you ask. Daisy, that sure is a big man crush that George has on Kelty.
YES, Go the Blues!
I was spying on the Maroons at their training camp in Coolum on the weekend and was dying to yell that out but just wasn’t game since I was surrounded by maroon fans. I felt like The Mole thinking of ways to sabotage them LOL!

35 Techhater { 07.17.13 at 8:51 am }

Andrea you are right about the mancrush between George and Kelty. Ewwww!

As for the MC contestants helping, now I KNOW you ARE The Mole. If you weren’t you would have sent them to the other pub in town. Haha. We will both be packed to the rafters tonight with shearers and station-hands. And once again i’ll be the only one in blue.

36 daisy { 07.17.13 at 9:13 am }

TH When all the shearers and station hands arrive it will be like anep of MC. Look out for Jowlsy sneaking in amongst them wearing his ‘city-boy-comes-to-the-country/Brokebac Mountain” outfit.

Why did Kelty oblige George in his game of ‘you be the goat”? It can’t be in his contract.

37 Techhater { 07.17.13 at 9:21 am }

I wouldn’t like to be in Jowlsy’s shoes if he did. I get away with wearing blue because i’m the cook and noone ever upsets the cook. Haha.

Maybe “You be the Goat” is from the MC Activity book. Lol :-S

38 daisy { 07.17.13 at 9:30 am }

Like pin the tail on the donkey?
George looked very commanding in that position.

39 Techhater { 07.17.13 at 9:39 am }

Haha. The only time George has ever looked “commanding”

The best club sandwich I ever had was at Taronga Zoo back in the late 90’s. It was turkey, camembert, cranberry sauce, sundried tomatoes, rocket and herbs (not sure which) on sourdough. I was really hoping the Red team would have made something similar. Too much to hope for I guess.

40 Eliza { 07.17.13 at 11:43 am }

Andrea, a blues supporter in maroons territory..? How sweet it will be if we can finally get a win! I won’t get my hopes up. I went to one of the games in the last series we won and that feels like forever ago. Maybe you could have started chucking some sticks and rocks onto the grass in the hopes that they would all twist their ankles? It would probably be our only hope…

41 Andrea { 07.17.13 at 8:30 pm }

Eliza, we did think about a tripwire as the players were all riding pushbikes around the resort but since all the media were there we would have had too many witnesses LOL!
Lived here in Qld for years, but husband born and bred in NSW, kids born there so that’s our state of origin so we will continue to support The Blues come what may.