Masterchef Australia – More Amazing Race Then Cooking

“I don’t know what an Alfa Romeo driver looks like” says Lucy as clearly the English flower is more a Range Rover girl. It was Amazing Race night on the show with the two teams having to drive around a course to complete challenges and as with that show a few wrong turns and you will be the last to arrive at the pit stop.

This is what happened to the red team captained by Christina. Samira took a wrong turn and they got lost. Poor Samira got the blamed for the turn and not stopping when she heard honking, but it was Vern who gave the directions and there were others in the car as well who had ears and eyes.

After this blue team captained by Daniel had it their own way winning the challenges which meant they got to pick the ingredients they wanted to cook the perfect club sandwich with. They selected sourdough, chicken and sebago potatoes. Whilst the red team were left with turkey, multi-grain and kipfler potatoes.

It was interesting to see when the captain’s were picking their teams that Kelty had moved up the Masterchef food chain and was picked in the middle.

The red team stuffed up the challenge element as clearly the producers were hoping both teams would arrive at the same time but this did not happen. At the second challenge Daniel had to make the perfect omelette but as there was no one to cook against, therefore he just had to produce something edible to win. Also there was no pressure on Emma as she milked 500 mls of milk out of a goat.

Emma decided to try and redeem herself and do thrice fried fries again after the disastrous burger challenge, but again only managed to cook them twice. However the diners members of the Alfa Romeo car club liked them as they were crunchy.  The blue team also got a bit fancy and were slow roasting tomatoes and crumbing and frying their chicken.

This meant the red team who started cooking later got their more traditional club sandwich out first.

This challenge was not going to be voted for by the diners, but by the judges. I would like some consistency on this with catering challenges it seems arbitrary on which of these there is a “public” vote and which it is decided by production.

In the end the judges had a split decision but it was the blue team that prevailed. This means red team headed by Christina is going into the elimination. This means Rishi, Samira, Vern, Christina, Noelene or Kelty will be going home. Also Neha and Daniel have made the top TEN.

Tonight they have to make a hotdog. I hope producers are taking note that the time the viewer saw some cracker cooking was when the contestants were able to cook what they liked.

Masterchef Australia on TEN Sunday to Thursday at 7.30pm.

1 Dr T { 07.18.13 at 5:15 pm }

Who would be the first to slip and call him Jowlsy?

2 Carole { 07.18.13 at 6:01 pm }

Bloody hell, I wrote a comment yesterday and come here today to find hundreds of comments and it’s disappeared, now I have to try and remember what I wrote. I hate when that happens. :(

What is it about the Mornington Peninsular, last year Amina got lost there, this year Samira got lost. Bloody Vern kept telling her to keep going, when the others were beeping them. At least stop to see what they want, they wouldn’t be beeping them for nothing.

Gee, Melbourne weather. A couple of weeks ago they were sweltering in a 40 degree heatwave, now they were all rugged up in coats & scarves. Talk about one extreme to the other. And how ridiculous were some of those hats? I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing them in public, let alone on national TV!!!!

How cute were those goats? Lynton was so cute milking them.

3 Reality Raver { 07.18.13 at 10:20 pm }

Dr T – not sure what he would think if he was stuck on a table with RR readers but it would not be dull.

4 Dr T { 07.18.13 at 10:24 pm }

RR – no one knows what goes through his head… his mouth on the other hand…

5 daisy { 07.18.13 at 10:38 pm }

It would be so funny if you took a bunch of RR commenters. I bet they would all suddenly beeehave.

They would all have to go incognito because Jowlsy might know who calls him Jowlsy. OMG I don’t even know his real name.

I think they would all be star struck seeing their cooking idols inthe flesh.

RR. Don’t let George milk any of them nor scratch their tummies.

6 Eliza { 07.19.13 at 12:55 am }

I had dreams about Lynton milking goats last night… Nah not really, I wish.

Oooo I want to go to dinner with Matt Preston! We can pull funny faces as we taste the food, look discontent then announce proudly how delicious everything tastes. Maybe even smash some plates!

7 daisy { 07.19.13 at 1:02 am }

RR I think you should take Eliza.
Eliza, I wonder if Lynton would be there. Get that jacket.

8 Eliza { 07.19.13 at 1:06 am }

I would surely hope so, Daisy! Get that jacket away from him then he’d be the perfect man! We need men like him here in Sydney.. Not afraid to caress a goat so tenderly.

9 daisy { 07.19.13 at 1:07 am }