TEN’s Winter Re-Launch – The Bachelor And The Idol Boys Are Back

Osher and MathoLast night TEN threw a fabulous bash to launch the rest of the year’s programs and personalities. What was great to see was the former Australian Idol hosts, James Mathieson and Osher Gunsberg aka Andrew G, back with the Network that made them famous. Both are talented and entertaining presenters.

Osher Gunsberg who has had more names changes than hair styles was announced as the host of The Bachelor. He and “the bachelor” Tim Robard’s had a moment on stage talking about some of the most spectacular dates Tim had been on, and how the girls on the show were the most eligible bachelorette’s in Sydney.

Tim was very easy on the eye and rumour has it he has cut quite a swathe through the Sydney ladies before his time of the show. So maybe he is ready to settle down….

Osher who has lived in the USA for the past few years should be a good host and will know just how huge the show over there. Ironically now that he is single he himself could have been the protagonist on the show.

Andrew/Osher’s name has been evolutionary. He was born Osher and changed his name to Andrew G during his early radio days. Then when he was host of the ABC reality show, Photo Finish, in 2011 he was Andrew Gunsberg. Now the cycle is complete and he has reverted to Osher. The reason for this at this stage is unknown, well until we read about it in the Sunday papers.

His former partner in reality TV crime, James Mathison has been announced as one of the presenters of TEN’s new breakfast show called WAKE UP. He will be along side Natarsha Belling and Natasha Exelby. The show will be coming from Manly and is produced by morning TV guru Adam Boland. Apparently they will be know as Tash, Tarsh, and Matho.

There will definitely be eyeballs wanting to check the show out so if the chemistry is as good as they are saying they should get viewer traction fast.

Recipe To Riches the reality food show where the contestants compete to get their “recipe” on a supermarket shelf will also be coming to TEN’s screens later this year. Viewers will get to buy the contestant’s products in Woolworths after the episode has screened which will have some novelty value.

TEN is also going heavily into drama as it has been successful for them this year and new show Wonderland, which looks like a beach side version of Melrose Place, looks interesting. OK I have to confess I have never seen such a good looking cast, but being the professional I managed to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor.

Other former reality show contestants that will pop on TEN will be Celebrity Splash judge Alisa Camplin who will be commentating for the Winter Olympics, and Eamon Sullivan who won Celebrity Masterchef, he will be seen on a sports comedy show A League Of Their Own. This show is apparently a bit like Spicks and Speck and Qi.

Hopefully this new suite of shows, plus their heavy push into sport will see a resurgence in ratings for TEN, because viewers need three healthy free-to-air commercial networks to ensure we get programs we like to watch.

1 Mia { 07.19.13 at 9:36 am }

I really didn’t have any intention of watching The Bachelour, but now Andrew G (I can’t bring myself to refer to him any other way) is involved, I’ll probably give it a look.

With James Mathison and Natasha Exelby fronting Wake Up, it’s bound to be a bit cheeky and irreverent. I’m not much of a morning TV person but I’ll give it a go.

2 Culinary Boner { 07.19.13 at 9:37 am }

Osher Gunsberg are a stoner metal band, aren’t they?

3 Andrea { 07.19.13 at 9:56 am }

Andrew G’s teeth look huge in this photo, I can’t think of him as Osher (never heard that name before ) either.
James Mathison puts me off with those staring eyes of his but I will give the breakfast show a go.
Recipe to Riches might be interesting and worth a look.
If channel 10 wanted more viewers they should have bought The View and Days of Our Lives because many people miss those shows in the daytime line up, all we get now are repeats of The Block.

4 JStar { 07.19.13 at 10:27 am }

I believe Osher’s heritage is Swedish so he is now embracing his name professionally. RR, my brother once worked with Osher’s brother many moons ago and he told me that Osher used to be fat. Dropped the weight before his television days. Potential host of TBL if ever there was a need.

And are you seriously letting us know there were no fangirl moments when brushing pass the Wonderland cast or the Bachelor? If that is true, working in politics does teach you the art of a poker face!

I still expect that the backlash over the Bachelor (the player not the show) will increase when the veneer of “love” is exposed as a calculated attempt to be famous. Tim Robarb – The Shire Mark II.

5 Reality Raver { 07.19.13 at 10:47 am }

JStar – I was standing talking to someone waiting for a reality related celeb to come to the red carpet/photo wall. So had a side eye on these people who were being photographed. After being told they were cast of Wonderland – the first guy gets his photo taken I have a side eye thinking yeah he is cute, same for the second one, then a third one and I turned to a person and said “Jesus H Christ how good looking is this cast” and there was more. Network TEN wins the best launch ever for hotties and that included the waiters.

6 Eliza { 07.19.13 at 12:53 pm }

Haha, RR.. Keeping the mind on the job! Is this Wonderland show Australian?

I will always think of him as Andrew G from Idol days. Good to see he is back. I love James Mathieson too and those googly eyes of his.

I kind of think it takes a certain type of person to go on a show like The Bachelor. It’s sad, but whenever I catch bits of the US versions, including The Bachelorette, 99% of the time they split up and it’s found that at least one of them is just a player anyway. They trick me, I watched the final episode of the Emily Maynard season the other day and thought how great the guy was she chose, to then google her and find out they broke up and the guy is now just playing the field dating young girls. How can you go from wanting a serious relationship and marriage to dating almost teenagers? I will still watch the show but try not to let it trick me into thinking anyone is really there for live! Call me cynical!

7 Izobel2 { 07.19.13 at 2:04 pm }

Eliza I always thought that Jef One F was too young for Emily. I thought Sean was better for her. I used to always watch the end and think, wow this one’s surely going to last… now I just google straight after to see how long they lasted!

8 Stacey { 07.19.13 at 9:20 pm }

I intensely dislike Natasha Exelby. I find her to be very cold. Im excited for the Bachelor though! Had no idea ‘Osher’ was hosting. How is that even pronounced?

9 daisy { 07.19.13 at 9:40 pm }

If they air the Aussie Bach on Foxtel I will either have to dl or give in and subscribe.

10 Izobel2 { 07.19.13 at 10:17 pm }

Or fly over to my house once a week!!

Its a channel 10 show Daisy so u will be fine!

Hey Stacey how are ya? Still planning the big day?

11 daisy { 07.19.13 at 10:20 pm }

OMG Stacey wouldn’t we have fun watching together. I’d make some yummy snacks like maybe fresh Vietnamese spring rolls or scones with blueberry conserve and cream. I make really good scones. Maybe if we are watching our figures we’ll have the spring rolls only.

12 daisy { 07.19.13 at 10:22 pm }

Izobel sorry, I meant to say Izobel. But is it OK if Stacey comes too?

13 Eliza { 07.19.13 at 10:28 pm }

Wow, Bachelor parties at Daisy’s haha you guys are cute.

Izobel, he did seem quite young I was shocked when I found out how old they both were! Emily is only a couple of years older than me! Ugh! It is usually the same story every time isn’t it.

14 daisy { 07.19.13 at 10:40 pm }

It’s a new meaning on Bachelor Party. :)

15 Izobel2 { 07.19.13 at 10:48 pm }

We could have our very own Bachelor Pad!
It would be like fans versus favourites!

16 daisy { 07.19.13 at 11:06 pm }

Chinese Dating Show: That’s the first time I have seen a guy pick his favourite who turned her light off and not get rejected.

It’s funny how some of the girls don’t smile, and even look dour.

17 daisy { 07.26.13 at 12:43 pm }

Just a reminder thet IYATO the Chinese matchmaking show is on tonight at 8.30 on SBS2. I wonder if there has been a follow up on finding the guys mother.

18 Simon { 11.21.13 at 9:46 pm }

Well written, but Osher was NOT born Osher, but WAS Andrew.