The Block – Very Bizarre Judging

You could not help think the judges on the advice of the producers gave Madi and Jarrod the win tonight just to give them a tiny chance on auction day.

Madi and Jarrod had to renovate the guest bedroom and ensuite in the ground floor apartment and it was dull. A double bed, a room painted green and the dullest ensuite out of all the bathrooms renovated this week.

If Trixie did not like Madi so much she will bitching furiously when she sees it. Also as a guest bedroom, maybe they should have tried to stick a home office in there as well.

I thought Trixie and Johnno’s bathroom with those designer tiles was fantastic and really gave a high end feel. However they only came in third to receive $10,000 off their reserve, Bec and George came second with $15,000 off with Madi and Jarrod receiving $20,000. It will be interesting to see if this is a game changer.

To be honest I don’t think so as the producers are able to manipulate the reserves a little bit and you would have to think Lysandra and Alisa would have to have the lowest one as they are on the first floor.

The twins were at the bottom of the back this week not impressing the judges with their hallway, bathroom and laundry.

What is weird is this apartment will end up having a whole set of different styles throughout so the feel may not be too great however it will probably razzled before it is sold.

If they need a challenge to win money add to the reserve price maybe it could be a “swear box” challenge when teams drop the F-bomb a thousand dollars is added. The amount of bleeping out has gotten out of control.

This week the teams have to finish their second sections of the house with The Block finale being held on Sunday night.

Who did you think should have won tonight?

1 Eliza { 07.22.13 at 12:00 am }

I was so frustrated with the judging this week and am so glad, RR, that you have the exact same feelings. How ridiculous was it?!

I was starting to feel as though they were going to give M&J the win this week when they were talking about how much of a hammering Madi has received over the course of the series. Seriously though, the room was SO SO SO dull, anyone could have put that together! As you said, RR – paint, bed, 2 piddly artworks that looked randomly hung on the wall and a nice bathroom. The bathroom was nice but nothing massively WOW. It was a blatant give away. I had never been rooting for M&K over the series but they were hard done by – if their room was not original, then how was M&J’s – it was just a re-do of their lounge room colours! I bet they just used their left over paint!

I wasn’t a fan of B&G’s wallpaper but it all pulled together quite nicely, I did like T&J’s bathroom – I do like Trixie’s style and I enjoyed those tiles as she always picks good ones (I am currently trying to get my mits on those tiles they used in their kitchen) and I loved the timber wall in M&K’s bedroom even though it was something they had done before. I wasn’t overly impressed with the twin’s work. Laundry could have had more storage maybe.. and I hate those washer dryer combos so room for a separate washing machine would have been good and I hated the bathroom they did – those tiles were so dark and horrible!

I think it should have been:
1. Bec and George (just over T&J)
2. Trixie and Johnno
3. Matt and Kim (their room was well done and functional)
4. Twins
5. Madi and Jarrod.

2 Nikki { 07.22.13 at 6:15 am }

I’m a fan of the twins but I didn’t like their rooms this week, however I do feel they got the short straw as it’s hard to compare a narrow hallway and laundy against bedrooms and bathrooms. It would have been interesting to see how different the results were if they’d done different rooms.

I definitely didn’t feel that Madi and Jarrod deserved the win. I agree that their room seemed really dull and I disliked the colour. I’d have moved everyone up one rank and then put Madi and Jarrod in around 4th or 5th. I didn’t think much of Trixie’s tiles to begin with, but after they were up, I was surprised how good they actually looked. Bec’s floating bed and forest wallpaper looked fantastic, I loved the way the light really felt like light streaming through the treetops!

Keeping my fingers crossed for next week that the twins manage to do better with their kitchen!

3 Christina { 07.22.13 at 6:34 am }

Totally agree with everything said by RR and Eliza!! πŸ˜‰

4 AJ { 07.22.13 at 8:48 am }

If possible, I’d like to see “blind judging” on the show next season. The judges appear to be far too influenced by which participant they are judging and their own personal impressions of that team’s skills and weaknesses.

I thoughtTrixie and Johnno should have won. Matt and Kim should have come second. And Madi and Jarrod third. I really disliked Bec and George’s room with the fake forest, kitsch ceramic animals and industrial floating bed. I also really disliked the twins’ multiple rooms. The foyer was cluttered. The laundry was bizarre with the gloss black cupboards. The powder room was quite dark and univiting with those rust-coloured tiles. I’m surprised that their rooms didn’t even “match” and that they chose so many odd elements and colours when they’re pretty consistent in their neutral tones.

I wonder if the return of Domestic Blitz is just a single episode or the launch of a new series featuring past participants from The Block?

5 Maz { 07.22.13 at 9:27 am }

That bottom apartment will need to be totally redone. Marks should have been awarded on the flow of the apartment and if it didn’t flow no money off anyone’s reserves. Would have saved the producers $45K last night.

The twins area was just awful. Hated the floor, the wallpaper, the tiles.

Not a fan of Bec & George’s room either. Could have worked with the right wallpaper not the Pixie Photograph background from the shopping centre.

Kim and Matt’s was overdone. Either have the wood panelling or the concrete render. Not both.

Madi & Jarrod’s was meh. Non offensive so easy to change.

I liked the Trixie’s and Johnno’s tiles but not so much the end product.

6 Veronicali { 07.22.13 at 11:33 am }

I would’ve put Madrod third, nice but not a lot going on. B&G first, Trio second.

Maim’s concrete wall looked horrid this week.

The twins’ rope installation will be covered in airborne bacteria from the (very tiny) toilet next to it. ugh. It’s not like rope is a surface you can disinfect, v. inappROPEriate for a bathroom.

Since they haven’t revealed reserves yet, as RR says they can be manipulated depending on who wins what over these two weeks.

7 drb123 { 07.22.13 at 11:37 am }

The ground floor will be a poopfight, a collection of rooms that don’t fit together. At least the other floors will have a continuity where a clear design style is maintained

8 Maz { 07.22.13 at 12:08 pm }
9 Tell It Like It Is { 07.22.13 at 12:23 pm }

That judging was utter rot. The viewer choices on the screen both at the time of the episode and on The Block website now are the REAL results. Madi & Jarrod’s room was safe, boring, mismatched, artworks too small and that green colour IMO was horrible, just awful! I agree that the Producers desperately wanted to ‘even up’ the apartments so that M&J will be less humiliated that they deserve to be come auction day when the REAL judging of the entire apartments happens. Shame on judges and producers for allowing that obvious flawed judging to prevail.

10 Tell It Like It Is { 07.22.13 at 12:30 pm }

Agree !
Quote:
Veronicali { 07.22.13 at 11:33 am }

11 Anna { 07.22.13 at 12:48 pm }

Loved twins bathroom sans the rope instillation (which is easily fixed). The boxed lights have to go, it’s going to be expensive to re do the ceiling…

Hated tiles in Trixters bathroom…. if one cracks there is no way of replacing it due to the fact that they were limited edition

Matt and Kim, same ol same ol modern industrial crap as they did in their appartment

Madi and Bec had similar green rooms. HATED Becs wallpaper. Enchanted forrest? WT???

Madi’s room could have been done by a 15yo. Good to see that the producers are building her ego up after totally smashing it during the last 10 weeks

Since one team takes out 30K, I’m guessing it’s Bec. A gift from producers for being on the show during her mum’s illness and passing. Still think that she should have pulled out week 1

12 Danielle { 07.22.13 at 1:32 pm }

I feel like I am in the minority but I loved Maddi and Jarrod’s rooms. I think the green colour you either love or hate but I loved it. Sometimes I think they go too cluttered and mismatchy and still win but I think their room was simple, practical and warm.
I don’t take any notice of the viewer vote because they have a soft spot for the twins. The twins are good designers but they are not the best project managers because they often don’t seem to know what is going on. The twins got the best feedback of all from Shayna so they went crazy with homemade art, which was the main thing they were criticised for.

13 Louise { 07.22.13 at 2:12 pm }

Personally I didn’t mind Jarrod and Madi’s room. Don’t get me wrong, it didn’t wow me but I thought it was nice, clean and I would happily have the room in my place.

I loved Bec and George’s room!! I felt that the wall paper brightened up the room and I was so happy to see a break in all of that grey paint. I understand that it’s the new white but I am so tired of everything being grey!

With Matt and Kim’s I am not a big fan of rendered walls. I know that they are there as a feature but they are just too hard to remove when you get tired of them.

I thought that Trixie and Johnno’s bathroom was gorgeous. Again with the grey but I can overlook it although I agree, if one tile breaks there will be trouble.

As for the Twins, in my opinion they do have the best style and though I am loathe to admit it – each room they have won they have deserved but this week was horrible. It looked cheap which is not something they normally have a problem with. Plus, it doesn’t help that I am really not a fan of concrete floors. They look so cold and uninviting!

14 Loz { 07.22.13 at 3:05 pm }

I thought the judging this episode was absolute crap, but then again, it’s been confusing for a long time now. I was surprised when Madi and Jarrod won because their room was pretty boring to me. I like the green colour on the feature wall, but that was about it. It was safe, boring and it was like what they did before, and I think that if it was another week, they might have gotten a lower score.

I actually love Matt and Kim’s room, especially the walk-in robe and while I’m not a fan of their personality, they have grown a lot. I felt they got cheated out of $10,000. Their walk-in robe to me was to die for, I would have it in my house.

I wish Trixie and Johnno had done their bathroom back in their apartment. It was beautiful, much better than their other bathrooms, even though I hated the different tiles in the bathroom. It was definitely my second-favourite room, after Bec and George’s.

Bec and George actually made a concept that I was unsure about work really well. They have a pretty good sense of style actually, and it worked for this room. I like how they appreciated coming second as well since this is one of the first times I’ve really seen them excited when they haven’t won.

The twins are my favourite this season, but their room was wrong. I still think it’s unfair to judge bedrooms and bathrooms against a laundry but they didn’t even make the rooms look amazing. They went 5 steps back this time their style and it was the worst room I’ve seen from them.

I would have judged it
1. Bec and George
2. Trixie and Johnno
3. Matt and Kim
4. Madi and Jarrod
5. Twins

15 Anna { 07.22.13 at 3:16 pm }

All of the apartments have some kind of flow on affect. This little one is going to be a colossal mess

At least the couples should have agreed on the color scheme. My guess is that we will not see this unit going to auction. Just like we didn’t see the house that was renovated last year

16 Eliza { 07.22.13 at 3:46 pm }

Because the reserves haven’t been announced, this week really could just be slave labour, couldn’t it? The producers could easily just add on what each couple win to the reserves, then ‘graciously’ take their winnings off . Wa-lah! No one really won anything! Thanks for all your hard work! Just an idea lol.

17 Mal { 07.22.13 at 10:30 pm }

I thought M&Js room was boring and unbalanced. Bathroom ok but not wow.
Loved T&J’S bathroom and tiles. They probably would have done well if the judging was fair and winnings distributed better during the season.
The twins rooms were a disaster. Unsure of why the home viewers voted them so high. I also loved the bathroom tiles, thought the rope was whack and hated the aggregate concrete floor.
Loved the idea of B&G’s room but didnt like the metal base strut being so obvious. Love the styling. Love the silly quirky animals. The forrest would be amazing to come home to and wake up in, but I feel like something wasn’t quite right with it.
M&K’s rooms I loved. I love wood too much. Loved colour pallet. I liked that they made the concrete wall look like a folded paper. I’m not sure I’d like it my house. Actually I have face brick and absolutely hate it but the colours in the concrete walls are lovely, dreamy and will go with any colour so I’m back on their team. They were unfairly scored by the judges.
If they rent out the ground floor for short term stays, the odd mismatch will be a draw card plus $$$ rates.

18 Maz { 07.23.13 at 10:03 am }

That bottom apartment looks like it will be awful. Can’t believe they are using the concrete floor throughout. Carpet Court must be furious about that.

Then having two landscape firms in such a confined space.

There will be absolutely no flow in that apartment. They probably should have gotten a sixth team in. More people for the twins to hate upon.

19 Eliza { 07.23.13 at 11:58 am }

They definitely should have been judged on flow. It is such a waste of time and materials to put all this work in but then it will need to be all fixed up. No one would buy an apartment like it is.

The backyard is going to look silly with two courtyards that don’t look like they belong to the same house (if they turn out this way). I did like in one of the snippets that you do hear Scott (I think) telling the twins that they will have no chance of winning if they don’t at least have the same ceiling colour as Bec and George as both teams had different colours just meeting in the middle!

20 Mal { 07.23.13 at 12:08 pm }

I wonder if they fix up the shoddy work before they sell the apartments. Seeing close-ups of just how bad a job they’ve done makes me wonder if all the judges are blind or just there so we think this is an actual fair competition. I also wonder just how much of the drama is scripted/made up eg different ceiling colour.

21 Violet { 07.23.13 at 2:28 pm }

I can’t get over how meh M&J’s bedroom was. There was no wow factor and the shades of green are quite awful IMO.

What I also noticed this week was the judges did not mention storage in the bathrooms. The floating sinks in the bathrooms might look good, but where do you store all your products, hairdryer, straightener etc? Points should have been deducted for lack or functionality and poor finishes.

I’m not a fan of T&J style normally, but I really liked their ensuite and I think they should have placed first. I cringed when I first saw the feature tiles, but in the end I think they looked great. I hope the twins & M&K get some money this week to even out the playing field again.

I also wish a couple people jumped on B&G’s floating bed to test out how durable it really is. The judges should have at least sat on it to see if it can hold the weight of a couple adults as well as a mattress. It looks like it wouldn’t take much, eh, movement to make that thing buckle.

22 Eliza { 07.23.13 at 3:37 pm }

Agree about the storage, Violet. I though Shayna was all about it some weeks, this week no mention! I didn’t like the green either.. reminded me of a hospital for some reason. I think it looked really cold and impersonal.

From what we have seen with some of the finishes some weeks, they would have to go and fix them up if they want a million + for these apartments.

23 Lena { 07.23.13 at 4:02 pm }

I just heard on today fm that there are reports that madi and jarred have split and don’t want to do anymore promo work or even attend the auction…. I’ve been searching the net trying to find any other information but have had no luck? Has anyone else seen anything about it?

24 Gabby { 07.23.13 at 4:25 pm }

Thanks for that bit of news Lena, please keep us posted. Sadly it would not surprise me. Even the way she was speaking to Jarrod last night and cutting him off I thought was really ill mannered of her and at one point he just shrugged and walked away.

25 Gabby { 07.23.13 at 4:38 pm }

I thought the same about storage in bathrooms. A few weeks back Shayna was most concerned about there not being any or enough and now it is not mentioned.
I can understand the twins being dirty at the other teams being able to obtain this money so easy in one or two weeks when they had to work so hard over ten weeks for the money they won. Now it looks like it all could have been for nothing. They may have designed the one of the best apartments but because of these stupid last cash prizes it doesn’t mean anything. The person with the worst designed apartment could end up winning now, not right.
By the way, I am not a fan of the the twins.

26 Eliza { 07.23.13 at 4:38 pm }

I couldn’t find anything.. guess we’ll soon find out..

27 nanaliz { 07.23.13 at 4:50 pm }
28 nanaliz { 07.23.13 at 5:24 pm }

Eliza, I had a look too. The only mention was on FB and we know how reliable that is. She didn’t appear on Today with him due to work commitments so that might have been enough to start a rumour.

29 Violet { 07.23.13 at 7:45 pm }

Eliza, you are spot on about it looking like a hospital room! I also can’t believe they came first and their bathroom didn’t even have running water. Unbelievable.

Madi & Jarrod live underneath his parents house in a little appartment/granny flat that they renovated. I’ve wondered throught this whole series what his parents must think about the way she speaks to him and carries on. Break-up or not, it must be quite awkward in that household at the moment.

30 Anna { 07.23.13 at 7:49 pm }

How did M&J win 1st place? How did Bec win 2nd with sloppy finishes ??
During the comp they would have been penalized

Did Bec say that her mum was in palliative care?

31 Zhee { 07.24.13 at 8:51 am }

So finally managed to watch the episode. My first thought about M&J’s room was: hospital…
I really didn’t like it.
I think T&J should have won. M&K second (I don’t get the judges complaints and Darren’s mark showed the correct mark they should have received). I really liked the room. And the twins third (maybe shared with Bec and George and each got 5k).

I feel this judging was totally rigged and I really could understand the twins bad feelings. They put a lot of effort into everything and then M&J win with a really bad room. I know it’s subjective point of view but their room was just plain, ugly und sterile.

Don’t know what the producers want. Guess they don’t want the twins to win, T&J are already out of the race so it must be a shiny couple which went through sooooooo many struggles….

32 Veronicali { 07.24.13 at 11:02 am }

Must be some pretty flash hospitals out there!
I reckon Madrod’s scores were more for the ensuite – there was storage behind the mirrors, I recall Shazza opening one to have a squizz.

Yes, interesting that the judges apparently didn’t notice the shoddy finishes in B&G’s rooms.

B&G & Trio should’ve just told the twins they would put carpet in if they couldn’t get the same deal.

33 Gabby { 07.24.13 at 11:06 am }

I was reading Mand J’s Bio and they have mostly been together since they were 14 yrs old. I think Jarrod is used to being treated this way by Miss M. It would be nice after this show if maybe she sees the error of her ways or maybe they go to couple’s counselling.
Looks like a standoff tonight regarding the painting of the ceiling. I didn’t like the look of twins lighting but I did like Bec’s.
Also good on Keith for being the man and giving dummy spit George a helping hand. I wonder how grateful do little George was for the help?

34 nanaliz { 07.24.13 at 11:29 am }

I am not sure cacti is a good option for a M&J’s patio area. Hopefully they choose prickle-less (dictionary won’t let me fix that one up). I don’t like that monstrosity in M&K’s area. I’m not going there with that pointy thing sticking up. Twins seem to try blaming everyone else for their mistakes as in the hot water service. Their light feature is just too big and heavy looking.

35 Christina { 07.24.13 at 11:32 pm }

This week seems so unfair. How to compare such different areas. A garden area will probably win purely for the fact it’s something the judges haven’t seen before. But how fair is it when they are hiring garden designers?!

T&J are definitely at a distinct disadvantage this week with the most boring room, but don’t think they are doing themselves any favours with the painted feature wall…from what I saw in the background it looked very bizarre.

The twins were being completely obnoxious with the ceiling paint colour! Am glad they redeemed themselves by offering to paint B&Gs as they were definitely in the wrong. However don’t think I’ll be a fan of a grey ceiling…

Didn’t think I’d like Bec’s copper wall, but now we’ve seen a little it seems I might be pleasantly surprised!

But very hard to compete with a terrace. I’ve enjoyed seeing them Reno this apartment and be more creative, but sadly the whole fairness an judging has been a bit of a farce.

36 Eliza { 07.25.13 at 12:03 am }

I like B&G’s pendant too. Not a fan of the twin’s and they are just being plain old pains in the a*s with the ceiling paint.

We haven’t seen much of T&J’s lounge room this week but I am not liking this mural they are painting.. I hope it turns out ok somehow and isn’t their downfall.

The twin’s kitchen looks kinda meh so far.. they really love black don’t they. I guess they have had a lot of success with their dark bathrooms so feel the judges will respond well.

I too questioned the fairness that they are able to hire garden designers for the outdoor areas. Ok, so the indoors get carpenters/builders, and even though they would have ideas, they aren’t designers. It would be comparative to the indoor couples hiring interior designers, wouldn’t it??

37 wombat { 07.25.13 at 3:45 am }

I got the impression that these couples believe they are budding interior designers so their egos wouldn’t have allowed any competition internally, except Tom, of whom I expect to see a dedicated Ch9 spin off later in the year.

Whilst Jarrod works well and will respond to a designer (lets face it that Maddi is by title only) I still think that Matt is a driving force behind his “unknown” professional crew. These final terraces will be very interesting, albeit unaligned to the premise of the show so far.

But having said that, the show is all about people. So it is somewhat unsurprising when showcasing design and creativity, Trixie appears to have asked Jonno to copy an already published artwork – much like their earlier bedhead. Obviously no external influences there!

Yet subtly the producers and judges have created the ceiling-gate drama by challenging the previously accepted paradigm of judging “room vs. room” and suggesting a more holistic approach will be taken to scoring. If Jarrod and Maddi can win with their bathroom plumbing being just hoses in the air, then why can’t the twins have a water-less kitchen and, as George so (surprisingly) succinctly said, walls of different colours. For Scotty to just rock-up and pontificate that neither team could win as they haven’t worked together is just another late unwarranted rule “interpretation”. Remember, the polished concrete corridor with “steps” into each room was going to be unacceptable. Not.

38 Maz { 07.25.13 at 9:22 am }

Christina, the twins didn’t redeem themselves with painting B&G’s side.
First they agreed on a colour with B&G. Changed their minds without consulting B&G. Encroached on B&G’s side with sloppy painting and then Scotty and Shelly practically ttold B&G to let the twins have their way. (BTW, Shelly as host you are not supposed to show such blatant favourtism to the twins).
So far B&G had to compromise on a horrific floor and now a horrid ceiling colour because in the eyes of the producers the twins can do no wrong.
As I said before, the bottom floor should have gone to another couple instead of the mess that the apartment is now.

Had a look at the apartments on Domain. Judging by the photos would prefer Trixie and Johnno’s apartment. Some of the things they did makes more sense with the flow of the apartment.

39 Anna { 07.25.13 at 7:45 pm }

Just seen the rooms. My prediction is

Twins $20
Bec / Wuss $15
Kim/Matt $10

40 Anna { 07.25.13 at 8:07 pm }

hmmm i got 2 couples wrong… this is even better!!!!

41 Christina { 07.26.13 at 12:01 am }

Cannot believe Matt and Kim came second with such a cold terrace area, would have thought they may have chosen warmer colours…just seemed a lot of depressing grey for somewhere that gets no sun. Liked the bar next to the BBQ and plants though.

Knew they wouldn’t let the twins walk away not winning this week, so that was obvious plus they did a good job.

I really thought Bec and George deserved second place, they really thought outside the box, on their own, and came up with something special. I guess a small dining can’t compete with a garden terrace.

Or else judges are trying to even up their perceived playing field. But with the sub penthouse and now $30k off their reserve M&Js would have to be real contenders wouldn’t you think?

Still have a feeling B&G in the middle may take it out. Only a few more days till we know, yay!

42 Eliza { 07.26.13 at 1:10 am }

I really liked M&K’s outdoor area, both were great!! It was always going to be a super tough week for J&T and B&G to win over a kitchen or outdoor area as it is easier to have more impact in these spaces. Do-able to win, but tough.

B&G did a great job of the dining area, so it was sad that they didn’t come away with anything. The standard was much higher across the board than last week. J&T did an OK job, however they needed more impact to rival the kitchen/outdoor areas and that mural they copied off the internet wasn’t going to do it. They needed to make a big impact.

Twin’s kitchen was well put together so they deserved to be up there in the top 3 for sure. The brown-ish bench top worked and I am definitely stealing the idea of having the laminate run underneath the over-head cupboards.. looked great.

They can still do whatever they want with the reserves prices though to eradicate any “winnings” if they so wish!

43 Zhee { 07.26.13 at 3:35 am }

Hmm, the kitchen looked great. Out of everyone the twins did the best job.
M&K’s garden area was pretty cool. It’s more like a lounge, sitting together at night and have BBQ or dinner with friends.

The mural by T&J – awful. The original one was not my thing at all but their rip-off was really ugly. :( Was glad that they did not get some money this time. I liked the sofa, I am short, so it would be perfect and I could at least reach the floor with my feet. πŸ˜‰
The judges were right regarding the TV. It looked downright ridiculous.

As for M&J… well… I would have given third place to Bec and George. Her light feature was really great. The funny thing was that M&J had that exquisite designer and still weren’t able to pull off a win. The win last week was undeserved and it still looks like the producers tried to even everything.
As far as I remember in the past seasons some of the couples didn’t win much or the homes weren’t even sold. My guess is they want to send everyone home with at least 50.000 regarding all the hard work.
I suppose Bec and George will win – the stressed couple that went through worst times ever. I think lots of people can relate to Bec, I myself at least can. It’s the worst thing seeing your parents that sick, although I at least was happy enough that mine made it through chemo. I am glad for Bec of keeping up the work. I think it also helped her having a goal and especially doing it for her mum.
Also their apartment is very easy on the eye, with some changes it’s totally sellable.
Second place will be the twins. They worked really hard. Their apartment is looking great it’s the most marketable out of all. They made clever choices and they understood if you renovate and design you are not doing it for yourself.

Third place maybe M&K or T&J. Most likely T&J due to the fact they had the penthouse. But overall M&K’s apartment looks way better and more appropriate. T&J’s is too crafty. It looks like a design student’s project.

Last place is M&J, even though they took 30k with them now.

44 OLIVIA { 07.27.13 at 10:38 pm }

WOMAT (37) – The words you write are soooooo true. I agree with all you say.

45 Anon too { 07.29.13 at 10:24 pm }

I wonder what all the people who criticised Madi and Jarrods apartment think now?? The ultimate test in this game is value to the buyer, what is someone prepared to pay? Looks like M and J judged that better than anyone here. As to the remarks re their personal life, that is absolutely nobody’s business. I am awestruck by the breadth and depth of personal criticism these contestants have endured, all levelled by people’s whose only experience of them is through the eyes of some very heavy editing. Breathtaking.