Masterchef Australia – A Crucial Mistake Sends Another One Home

Noelene really needs to buy a lottery ticket as she is not going to win Masterchef but she is a very lucky lady indeed.

Tonight the challenge was to bake chocolatier Kirsten Tibble’s chocolate cake.

A recording malfunction aka me, meant I missed the first fifteen minutes but suffice to say Rishi decided to play his immunity pin and throw Noelene in.

It was the right decision why take the risk who wants to be eliminated with an immunity pin.

Vern, Neha and Noelene had three and half hours to make it. There was a lot of help from the balcony. Samira sat there and coached Noelene through. She split her custard and was behind but she did managed to catch up and finish, albeit not as well presented as the others. Β Hers was also smaller then the others as her mousse was not as high.

Vern was like a machine and had cake of the day. Neha who had been doing so well went into shock when it was revealed she had left the baking paper on the florentine.

George was very kind about it. He is my favourite judge this year now he has dumped the pantomime act. He is giving good feedback is being nice but is getting tough when he has to.

However nothing was going to save Neha and she was eliminated. It was revealed she is going to make Indian style ice cream (good idea) and open an Indo-Australian restaurant with a dance floor, this I am not so sure about.

1 daisy { 07.30.13 at 10:54 pm }

I don’t know, but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind his curly tail being pulled.

Perhaps it’s part of the auditions. And these were the ones who were successful.

2 daisy { 07.30.13 at 10:55 pm }

Even Samira is willing to HANDLE pork. Just not eat it.

Too rude?

3 daisy { 07.30.13 at 10:57 pm }

Should be OK. It’s after 9.oo.

4 Dr T { 07.30.13 at 11:00 pm }

Jowlsy could provide the crispy succulent pork belly?

5 daisy { 07.30.13 at 11:06 pm }

:)mmmm. Pork belly.

Incidentally, I have some kids’ of books called Preston Pig.
Not he same Preston, although from memory I think he does wear a cravat on some pages. I’ll get back to you on that.

6 brain dead dave { 07.30.13 at 11:32 pm }

George is such a cockroach. I observed him twice with a knife in his mouth, once for each hand. How can any sane person not have had a gutful of the little grub? He ought to be tasting from a trough.

I voted for Kelty in RR’s poll, just for the hell of it.

What a food farce that he’s captained a winning team tonight.

7 Dr T { 07.30.13 at 11:48 pm }

I have recently learnt that bald men have holes in their pockets do they too can enjoy running their fingers through their hair.

To be fair Kelty did drive a lot of the decisions about the Mezze plate even if only a 1/3 of it was his cooking

8 daisy { 07.31.13 at 12:03 am }

Dr T @57 Good thing it’s after 9.00.

RR Up late.

9 Littlepetal { 07.31.13 at 12:07 am }

My post got gobbled up.

RR must be tucked up in bed and her posters are out to play.

10 daisy { 07.31.13 at 12:10 am }

Yes she’ll have to edit in the morning, and we’ll find our rude comments all gone :)

11 daisy { 07.31.13 at 12:11 am }

Unless she’s up and your comment was evven ruder, Littlepetal πŸ˜‰

That might explain her having to edit you.

12 Littlepetal { 07.31.13 at 12:24 am }

Luckily RR leave it to us to self monitor.

13 daisy { 07.31.13 at 12:32 am }

Ha ha. Or not!

14 daisy { 07.31.13 at 12:34 am }

What was your comment that got gobbled Littlepetal?

That was an interesting MC tonight.

Who do you think will go next now that Kelty and Noelene are safe for the moment?

15 Littlepetal { 07.31.13 at 12:42 am }

Same post as @59. I reposted.

Not happy that blue team lost. Could be Lucy going home tomorrow.

16 Aborader { 07.31.13 at 6:44 am }

I’m not but they deserved it….I thought they were going to win…until I realised that it was 1 plate between 2….shame!

Don’t know who I want to go (unless they do an ‘you’re all safe’ thing….) though wouldn’t be too sad if Vern went…he has his moments of greatness but is a bit tooo smug, and grates me.

(I know truly that Daniel should go…but the clips of him walking around in the morning on today’s episode made me remember why I love him)

17 Moonstruck { 07.31.13 at 7:37 am }

Can’t remember which team Emma was in (I think with Kelty) but I thought that Gary was loading the deck by putting Lucy, Vern, Christina and Vern in the same team. They are supposed to be the better cooks in this talentless group. Not only that but they also got the easier produce. How on earth did they mess it up? Vern does not seem to play well in groups. I hope he goes home.

18 Simone { 07.31.13 at 9:55 am }

Reality Sucks #25, I agree with the Noelene thing. I don’t mind her at all. I love her looks of tired, slightly exasperated irritation. And on the first Love one when they swapped food boxes, I love how she ended up saying, ‘In the end I thought Bugger it, I’ll just give it to Kelty’. Kind of sums up the feeling in the house about Kelty, I think.

19 Simone { 07.31.13 at 10:00 am }

Moonstruck, most of them are getting better though. Noelene could never have pulled off that cake a few weeks ago. Remember her stir-fry with whole parsnips and candied beetles and whole peppercorns or some crap? She’s improved hugely.

20 brain dead dave { 07.31.13 at 10:10 am }

Jowl$y said on One Plus One a year or so back that “we like to show improvement” and since then I’ve wondered how much “improvement” is contrived to make Ma$terchef look like the real deal, instead of the appalling ,smoke blowing culinary cheese machine that it is.

Is the jowl half full or half empty? Does anyone care?

Take a rain check on the papillotte because these gice couldn’t cook their way out of a paper bag.

21 Anna { 07.31.13 at 10:13 am }

Jowlsy’s suit last night looked like a dart board :-)

22 brain dead dave { 07.31.13 at 10:20 am }

A dart board that’s impossible to miss.

Maximum points for a “Jowl$eye”

23 daisy { 07.31.13 at 10:49 am }

I want to throw my vote in that the improvement is contrived, one way or another in order to validate the show.

Am I wrong, or do cooking knowledge, skill and understanding develop over years not a few busy weeks.

24 Littlepetal { 07.31.13 at 10:59 am }

There is no mention that these are the best cooks in Australia. LOL

But if you ask Kelty, he will say he is one of the best cooks in Australia as he is in the Top 10