Big Brother Australia – New Contestants And A Mini-Meltdown
Big Brother is shaping up to being very entertaining this year with most people in the house appearing to be articulate or having some positive or negative traits in their personality that are going to be interesting to watch.
However in the 24 hours since the housemates have been announced it appears there are quite a few with an entertainment background. So if the aim was for the producers to weed out “fame whores” then they did not do a very good job of it.
Tim Dormer profile has not mentioned any of his media experience which makes you wonder how many of the others profiles are dodgy.
The media background contestants are:
- Tim Dormer – Works for NOVA and was on The Hit List, also viral sensation for streaking on Rhianna’s plane;
- Tahan – Host of a show on NITV, also states she has done acting and modelling;
- Xavier – lead singer of a rock band plus apparently hosted a show on community TV;
- Heidi – breakfast host on NXFM; and
- Matt – Has said he is interested in media work
- Also Rohan the potential intruder is rumoured to be an actor according to Behind Big Brother forums.
The other clique of contestants appears to be former flight attendants and rumour has it they are all from Virgin Australia. Does this mean Virgin’s hiring practices are similar to reality TV casting?
If they are all former flight attendants from the same company it would be strange that a couple of them would have met? Could a voting clique form based on this? As we don’t get live feed we don’t get to see or hear if they did recognise the other. The same goes for Tim it would appear strange that no one thought he looked familiar.
Last night Jade and Drew entered the house as a pretend married couple. If they pull it off they are safe for nomination and if they don’t they are nominated. Jade a 22 year old model/actress aka bartender, was right when she said that this role meant she could not really show the real her. This might impact on her at a later date with housemates and viewers.
However she was enthusiastic about her role getting all touch feely with the electrical engineering student Drew. It was ironic when Jade moaned it was unfair their honeymoon suite was so cold, considering she is lucky she is not in the half way house, nor in a crowded bedroom.
I hope the fake marriage bit of the show is over soon because that has taken over the plot line. I don’t want to hear made up bits about the contestants I want the real deal.
Other highlights from the episode:
- Tahan having a spiritual, physical and emotional breakdown over not having a hair dryer;
- Tim thinks he is on Survivor rather than Big Brother as he basically wants to starve the other side out. However he did redeem himself when he pointed out the amount of time Tahan spent under the shower saying “Yeah we get it your hot!”.
- Caleb running after Tahan like a puppy. Dude she is just not into you;
- Ed could be a psychopath and the girls would still love him. Tahan thinks they would bond probably because she thinks she’s good looking and he’s good looking and that is all you need for a connection;
- Tahan having to cope with no clothes in the house. She went and saw BB about it thinking a pout and an eyelash flutter might get her some. Nope BB does not work that way.
- Ben looks like he is going to be very popular in the house and you get the feeling the only person going to sabotage his time on the show and the $250,000 first prize is himself.
What do you think of the fake married couple twist?