So You Think You Can Dance Australia Is Coming Back!

Go you good thing TEN. They have announced the return of So You Think You Can Dance Australia.

Great news for dance and reality TV fans alike and is a very savvy move by the network who are showing they are making some smart choices when it comes to their reality TV line up.

SYTYCD will give the Network TEN the only reality dance show on TV, and when it was on it was popular.  They also have The Bachelor which if done right will be a hit.

Auditions will start in September which would indicate it will be on our screens in early 2014.

They are saying it will have a new host and new judges. Don’t be surprised if Mary Murphy or one of the US judges turns up on it as the trend is for an overseas personnel on our panels. Hopefully they will only keep it to one as we really need to cultivate Australian talent.

Also I do think they need to keep a link to the much loved former series and Matt Lee was by far the most popular judge. Bring him back but with some new faces around him.

I have said this before two permanent members and one judge preferably one of the choreographers should be rotated through each week. It keeps it fresh and the judges can’t get entrenched with their favourites. It is also  a great way of discovering new TV talent.

Hopefully they don’t do what they have done in the US and stick in celebrities on the panel. Some worked others, like Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and others did not like Minnie Driver.

The host is not going to be Natalie Bassingthwaite, obviously, but who could it be? It needs to be someone nice but with a sparkling wit. Natalie Garonzi comes to mind and she has the runs on the board for live TV. Other names that spring to mind are Jesinta Campbell but she is too young, and  Alice Zavlesky is doing a great job on Kitchen Whiz but she needs a lot more experience.

Julia Zemiro hopefully is in the mix as she would make a great host.

What I do know is that we will see some amazing dance and choreography talent on the show and it will be great to see it back on our TV screens.

If you are interested in auditioning and will be over 18 on 1 Jan 2014 go here.

Who would you like to see host and be judges on the show?

So You Think You Can Dance Australia coming to TEN next year.

1 Sam { 07.31.13 at 1:04 pm }

I’m glad another talent show is making its comeback to TV. We can never have enough of these. It beats terrible TV productions… I’m looking at you Underbelly: Squizzy.

Now, for the host. I’m thinking Barbara Eden. Judges: Amanda Bynes, Kochie and Agro (or if he’s unavailable Humphrey B. Bear).

2 Glen { 07.31.13 at 1:43 pm }

Carrie Bickmore as host?

3 Mia { 07.31.13 at 5:26 pm }

Now that he’s no longer producing Idol, it would be great if TEN could get Nigel to join Mary at the judges table. It’s probably wishful thinking tough. I just hope they don’t bring back Bonnie and Jason.

If the auditions are in September, I’m guessing it won’t go to air until the first half of the ratings season next year? Depending on the duration of the show, it might rule Julia out as a host, due to her Eurovision commitments for SBS?

4 Sue N { 07.31.13 at 8:31 pm }

really looking forward to this :)

5 Eliza { 07.31.13 at 11:49 pm }

YES! Great news.. I did like Matt Lee so wouldn’t mind him back (he was great when I saw him in Mary Poppins, even though I questioned him playing the role at first). I also like the idea of two permanent judges and one rotating. I enjoyed it when they had Jason Gilkison on as he has a good TV presence but also knows what he is talking ’bout.

Love these shows as I can live vicariously through the contestants – my dream of singing and dancing on stage will never come true as I am not that great at either :(

6 bearded woman with bald patch { 08.01.13 at 12:13 am }

Eliza, you can come and dance in my loungeroom and sing in the hairbrush microphone.

7 daisy { 08.01.13 at 12:14 am }

ROFL
Sorry I must have terrified you.
More ROFLing.
@6 was me.

8 Izobel2 { 08.01.13 at 12:20 am }

How funny Daisy, I knew number 6 was you!

Anyhow this is FABULOUS news, we’ve been asking this for ages, hooray!

9 Eliza { 08.01.13 at 12:20 am }

HAHA I was like.. what the..?

Dw, I already annoying my family with my ‘singing’, my car is also a great stage.. luckily I have tinted windows 😉

10 daisy { 08.01.13 at 12:22 am }

She’s Dr T’s stalker friend.

Yes the car is a great stage. Is it illegal to dance and drive?

11 Eliza { 08.01.13 at 12:29 am }

Nope, they can’t stop me.

Time to catch some zzzs.. wake up time in 5.5 hours for yoga with Bob (US BL).. need to keep training hard for when my day comes.

12 scary bearded woman { 08.01.13 at 12:31 am }

Niiiiight Eliza

13 Nonie { 08.25.13 at 4:39 pm }

Host needs to be someone who loves dance and has lots of passion for the dancers. I think Ivy a contestant from Season 3 would be perfect. I would love to see Matt return as a judge and Timomatic would be great too. So happy its coming back. I love this show.

14 Courtney { 10.02.13 at 12:42 pm }

Does anyone know if you can/when they’re on or /how to get tickets to see any of the shows?