The Block – The Madi and Jarrod Split Rumours Continue

Madi and Jarrod continue to deny rumours they have split, however the Daily Telegraph are reporting they have split.

They write:

After weeks of growing tension between them, well-placed sources said the Sydney-based couple decided to call time on their marriage last week just before filming of the grand finale, much to the grief of the show’s producers.

When Channel 9 were made aware of the rift in the relationship they allegedly told the couple to keep up appearances until the cameras stopped rolling. Despite tensions, it is understood the couple, who have been married for two years, flew down together and stay in the same hotel.

The couple has denied the split.

The article also notes the poor body language of the pair at the finale with Madi not touching and barely looking at Jarrod. Even if they have not separated, it looks like it is very rocky indeed.

Also if Madi was wanting a post The Block media career she might have wanted to answer Scott Cam’s questions he was asking her about how she was feeling when the auction was in progress. Basically she just smiled and said nothing.

If either of them are smart they will be selling the story of their break up to a gossip magazine.

1 Lisa { 07.31.13 at 1:01 pm }

I wouldn’t even say Madi smiled and said nothing. Her behaviour was strange – she just kind of looked at Scotty and gave him nothing. It was a bit bizarre! And typically childish of her.
I felt sorry for Scotty.

There’s no way they’re still together. As you said, she barely looked at him.

I think he’s escaped a lifetime of spoiled brat bitching!

2 Culinary Boner { 07.31.13 at 2:05 pm }
3 KG { 07.31.13 at 3:54 pm }

Am no fan of Madi but am prepared to believe she was all but ‘paralysed’ by excitement, dread, nerves, etc, and incapable of forming coherent thoughts or answers to questions.

Didn’t one of the ‘yappy’ ones last year go mute at actual auction? Dani maybe?

Just think, in the next two minutes or so could earn you nothing or $200,000? I’d be dumbstruck too. It might represent two or ten years of wages in the blink of an eye.

We bought our current house at auction and I was all but vomiting with nerves – and wasn’t even doing bidding or anything.

4 brain dead dave { 07.31.13 at 4:06 pm }

I think Noelene’s custard splitting on Ma$terchef last night was more interesting than these two massive bores..

5 Ashlee { 07.31.13 at 10:57 pm }

I think she was just genuinely nervous at auction, I would be too.

6 Lisa { 08.01.13 at 7:27 pm }

Just a thought, but is it possible they’re split and are denying until their media obligations are over so they don’t have to keep answering questions?
Yes the auction could have been nerves but she was cold the entire episode. Even when the auction was over and there was reason to celebrate.

7 Tell It Like It Is { 08.02.13 at 11:01 am }

I think if The Block has been the straw that broke the camel’s back in Madi & Jarrod’s relationship, then The Block has been far more valuable to Jarrod than the $200+K they made at auction. If I was treated that way, and it continued, I’d realise it’s just a forerunner for years of nastiness from an obvious clueless spoilt brat who blames everyone but herself when things don’t go her way. It might also be an opportunity for Madi to grow up, but somehow I doubt that she will. It will be Jarrod’s fault, or The Block’s fault… anybody’s fault except miss perfect-self-perception.