Big Brother – The Fake Marriage Is Sucking Up Too Much Screen Time

Hopefully the episodes will drop to an hour in length soon on Big Brother as last night the episode lagged as there was not too much going on.

Most of the episode was taken up by housemates discussing the marriage, and Jade and Drew discussing whether they had got away with it.

In fact lucky for Jade and Drew they have this as a plot line as both seem a tad dull. However maybe this is just their married persona. Drew was clever to come up with the “I am jealous of her personal trainer plot line” which seemed to make it all the more believable.

This couple’s conversations were so pedestrian, it involved multiple “I think it is going quite well” talks. In fact when Tim was on screen he actually gave the show a bit of energy. Is he a plant to stir things up in the house? I suspect he was given a pep talk before he went in.

Tim was not buying the fake marriage nor was Heidi and it was clever of him to hide the wedding ring when she left it on the kitchen sink.

People are clearly thinking about hooking up, with Jaz being the only single girl in the house might have open slather. Jade did tell Tim that he and Heidi were perfect for each other except she has a boyfriend. Does this mean the house know about Tim’s media background, because it has not been revealed on screen. I wonder if Heidi knows or knows off Tim in real life. The radio industry in Australia is not that big!

It was also hilarious that when Tim was presented with the option of Β Ben and Jerry’s ice cream or Tahan’s hair dryer he chose the ice cream and he wanted her to know about it. I suspect because of her constant moaning about it this stunt will have made him a legend in the house.

Tahan is a pouting princess and if nominated will have a hard time staying in, however hopefully Australia will do what they did last year and get rid of the dull ones first.

Other highlights of the episode were:

• The halfway house having to milk a fake cow for their milk each morning for the house,
  • In one shot I saw a barricade at the fence where Tahan slipped through, not sure why with all the cameras they can see if someone goes over;
  • The looks of the half way housemates after they were let into the real house and then told they were to go back;
  • Ben talking about only seeing good looking boys close up on the internet. In fact on another forum it was revealed he is on Grindr and it is an image I can’t get out of my head. The two people who revealed this had blocked him. By the way he is a former Virgin flight attendant;
  • Matt showed he is cast in the tradtional BB mould when he revealed to Tully whose mother has Alzheimer’s that he did not know what it was;
  • In the buddy up for a week challenge it was funny no one stepped forward for Tim, and neither for Tahan,
  • Also amusing that it was Matt and Caleb, who are a perfect match, left standing at the end, Β
  • Lucky Makkayla got Xavier but then he overheard her saying to TahanΒ “You got the best looking BFF”,
  • Tahan must have but boyfriend as Jaz is the only single girl in the house but he must not be happy that she is ogling Ed.
  • Makkayla got a late night spa Β invite for three she took Tully and Xavier they did do it under stealth. As Xavier said this is the most daring thing she has ever done. They got to share a bottle of champagne as well. Also it looked like Makkayla had a tub of Ben and Jerry’s in her hand when she returned to the half way house.

At this stage who are you liking or disliking?

1 Ryan { 08.01.13 at 9:45 am }

What if Australia DOES find the pouting princess dull? She’s certainly got more chance of going than say Tim, who may be annoying as hell, but is at least entertaining.

I also hope that BB have learnt how to keep those damn fish alive, if they’re bringing back Surly.

2 Lisa { 08.01.13 at 9:45 am }

Two single girls in the house. One isn’t married πŸ˜‰

3 Veronicali { 08.01.13 at 10:04 am }

BB should’ve picked Tim and Heidi to be the fake marrieds, they would’ve pulled it off, being mega extroverts. Jade and Drew are too timid and slow witted. And dull, boy are they dull.

I’d like the daily show repeated late at night on Go, pls Ch9

4 Violet { 08.01.13 at 10:07 am }

To me Tim is the only interesting housemate so far. Overall it’s way too structured for my liking. Channel 9 has done a real disservice to the BB franchise by over editing and essentially controlling the plots to the point that it’s hard to see their true personalities. If they picked interesting people they wouldn’t need all the smoke & mirrors.

I also hate how they are told not to swear & they don’t air any adult conversations. The producer Alex M said children watched at that time, but the block was on at the same time slot and they just beeped out the swearing and left all the sexual innudendo & arguments in which helped to show the contestants true personalities. They are even trying to say that Drew & Jade are the first married couple, which is untrue (Hayley & Andrew in 2007). Without live streaming BB is just too fake for me now, which is a huge shame because I was a massive fan.

5 Ari { 08.01.13 at 10:09 am }

I like Xavier he’s so cute and seems really easy to get to know. Surprisingly liking all of the original contestants. I did not expect to even like Sharon or Ben but they’ve grown on me. Tully still remains a favourite – she just has a lot of character.

Favourites would have to be Tully, Ed, Xavier, Sharon, Caleb and maybe Jasmin/Heidi.

6 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:05 am }

SNAP! Xavier, I am liking them all too. And I thought I would not like Sharon.But she’s not like last season’s Sarah, thank God. I love this bunch.
Be patient RR, BB always starts off slowly. Give it time. I hope BB doesn’t over manipulate the social interactions.

I don’t find this lot boring at all. I prefer that they are all quite likeable so far. But that’s because I prefer a laugh than to be made angry and repulsed like I was last season.

I can’t even say that I want anyone gone. I bet BB tries to keep Tim and Heidi in even if the hms vote them out.
I didn’t think I was going to like Heidi but she’s a darling. I wish I was in there this season now.
I would pretend to be married to ED. πŸ˜‰

7 Jason { 08.01.13 at 11:08 am }

If anyone wants to know where to get Ben’s “bulldog pajamas”, they are usually available at BIG-W.

8 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:13 am }

Ha ha. Thanks but no thanks Jason.

9 Gabby { 08.01.13 at 11:36 am }

Violet, I am agreeing with most of what you said with the way Channel nine are handling BB so far. Last night was so boring, has anyone here really talked about anything that happened, no, because nothing really happened, except for the stupid marriage storyline.
The editing is ridiculous and I hope they pull their socks up quick smart and give us some good reality TV.

10 daisy { 08.01.13 at 1:06 pm }

I sooo want to go in as an intruder now.
RR, do I apply here? πŸ˜‰

I promise I will spoon Ed.

But I would be like Former Contestant. I wouldn’t tell you which one was me. That way you could go to town and bag me as much as you liked. I would be egging Tim on but laying low about it to dodge the ‘karma’. devil icon he he he he.

11 daisy { 08.01.13 at 1:24 pm }

Serious (straight face) psychological questions:
Is Ben imploding? Has he peaked too early?
We he gnaw off his own foot to be able to get out?

He needs to get out of his doldrums and start showing the sense of humour he showed in the first ep. Perhaps they could pipe some KAK musak or B&P at bed time for him.

He might be feeling overwhelmed by the hotties but he needs to play his ace; spoofing.

Also I didn’t like the game of pick your bestie. Very intimidating and embarrassing for some. It showed the compassion of those he stepped fd quickly to ease the pain.

I think Mikayla is a real contender. What a cute bunny!

These guys aren’t boring to me at all. I thought last seasons droobs were boring, when they weren’t being nasty. Oh hang on, they were being nasty most of the time.

12 mahlia { 08.01.13 at 2:02 pm }

On youtube the comments are all about how much people like Mikayla

13 Carole { 08.01.13 at 2:10 pm }

I find Tim really selfish and annoying. The way he ate that ice cream was so disgusting. And then he couldn’t wait to go and rub it in Tahna’s face what he did. I don’t like her, but I thought that was mean. I hope she has a chance to get revenge on him some time. Knowing Big Brother, I’m sure she will.

The last bit was hilarious when he wanted soothing whale music and got pigs and elephants.

14 daisy { 08.01.13 at 2:10 pm }

Mahlia, she is similar to Reggie.

15 daisy { 08.01.13 at 2:21 pm }

You’re right Carole. Tim is evil. :) :) :)

He’s the show’s ‘villain’ so far. Boo hiss :)

He is tame evil though because he chickened out on hiding the ring when he thought Jade would get mad. He knew not to go that far.

16 Suziekue { 08.01.13 at 2:23 pm }

Well at least we know now that one of the sponsors is an icecream manufacturer. But the plot is so boring at the moment that playing “spot the ad placement” is more exciting than watching the contrived narrative. But I’m still watching…..”bah humbug old fart mumble grumble….”

17 Andrea { 08.01.13 at 2:26 pm }

I like Mikkayla too, she seems like a real person. Can’t stand Tim, the sooner he goes the better, he looks a bit like Paul from season 4, but Paul was nice, not like this idiot.
Ben is okay so far but his voice could get irritating.
As others have said on the last post, the “pretend married couple” could be married for real, but this is the twist and they are fooling us all?
BB might improve as it goes along and once we get to know everyone properly, the barbie twins go in next week, can’t wait for that!

18 Reality Raver { 08.01.13 at 2:33 pm }

I am enjoying it but thought the focus on the fake marriage when all I want to do is see more of the “real” HM’s to try and start working out what they are like.

19 Evan { 08.01.13 at 2:35 pm }

Loving Ben and Xavier so far
Not a fan of Tim
And I am completely bored with the Jade/Drew “fake marriage”

20 Gabby { 08.01.13 at 2:50 pm }

I’m with you SuzieKue and RR, too much of the marriage thingy and not enough of finding out what the rest of the crew are like except maybe Tim. I am with you there Andrea and he is too over the top for me. How long before he works out they will start nominating him if he pees them off too much? Surely he must have taken that in to consideration and is going to have to pull the reins in at some stage. After all there is a big amount of dollars up for grabs and is acting like an idiot and annoying the crap out of everyone really worth putting all that cash at risk. I bet we see a change in his behaviour before too long.
If they were married it would make sense because they are doing a great job with the bonding and affection.
How many sets of twins are going in to the house, one or two?

21 Helen { 08.01.13 at 4:44 pm }

sorry, but this is perhaps one of the worst shows EVER

22 Izobel2 { 08.01.13 at 5:31 pm }

I’m enjoying BB this year, much more than last as well.
I’m even not unhappy that there are flight attendants and radio folk. I figure those people in the ‘chatting’ industry might be able to hold a decent conversation… if we can get away from Mr Never Wash Your Hair and his pretend bride. :)

23 Techhater { 08.01.13 at 7:23 pm }

Oh My Goodness I’ve just been shot with both barrels by Ben’s guns.

24 MT { 08.01.13 at 7:24 pm }

It wasn’t a barricade at the fence, it was the spa lid

25 Carole { 08.01.13 at 7:48 pm }

Tim is such a selfish prick, he doesn’t make the rules and isn’t in charge, but he seems to think he is. I can’t wait till he is in the poor side and see how he likes it when they don’t want to share with him.

26 Andrea { 08.01.13 at 7:50 pm }

Me too Carole!

27 Carole { 08.01.13 at 8:04 pm }

Yuk, sardines on toast for dinner. Where’s Nolene when you need her? I’d rather not eat.

28 Gabby { 08.01.13 at 8:15 pm }

I’m so pleased Tully won’t let him through, he is really hating it. You go Tully.

29 Carole { 08.01.13 at 8:15 pm }

Oh my God, how funny. They have got all dressed up to eat sardines on toast!!!

30 Andrea { 08.01.13 at 8:39 pm }

they served it up really nicely though didn’t they?

31 Carole { 08.01.13 at 9:08 pm }

Yeah, they did. And it was a great discussion they had too.

32 Gabby { 08.01.13 at 9:12 pm }

I enjoyed tonight’s show. Now we are starting to get somewhere. I’m glad a few of them have had the guts to tell Tim what they thought about him. That never would have happened in any previous house. So have to hand it to BB for choosing housemates that so far seem to have a voice. Keep it up guys.

33 Simone { 08.01.13 at 9:50 pm }

I LOVE sardines on toast. With salt and tomato sauce :) yum
What’s with that stupid fish down the drain though
Flush it or eat it

34 Andrea { 08.01.13 at 9:52 pm }

Yeah, I enjoy these family table discussions they have, we find out a lot about them this way, its good fun.
Tully has had just about enough of the halfway house, and imagine if she’s nominated and has to stay there another week!
Surly was very popular last year so I guess that’s why he’s back causing trouble.

35 Gabby { 08.01.13 at 10:03 pm }

Haha Simone, I like it, flush him or eat him, I’m with you.

36 daisy { 08.01.13 at 10:25 pm }

I’m loving Fiona. What a funny, happy person.

I’m surprised they get white bread to eat. So bad for you.

Glad to see that Ben has come out of the funk he was in yesterday.

I don’t mind Tahan but she needs to move on from the hairdryer and clothes. And “ooooh I only eat avocado”. Princess. Doesn’t Ed know if you cut out a quarter of an avocado you need to eat all of it because it will go brown?

What the big thrill about a beauty salon? Don’t they know they are all going to be seen looking their worst from time to time.

37 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:16 pm }

It just clicked. Tahan is a dead ringer for Woolif’s sister when she was younger.

38 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:24 pm }

@36 Whatever I said about Fiona, I meant Heidi.

39 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:30 pm }

Did anyone notice the look of love in Drew’s eyes when Jade started speaking Italian? He went all doughy.

40 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:30 pm }

I prefer annoying Tim to easily annoyed Tully. If that’s what she is going to be like.

41 daisy { 08.01.13 at 11:48 pm }

A lot of people on twitter seem to like Tully but I find her prickly and I get why Tim says he’s scared of her. She has very low tolerance.
Heidi on the other hand is very sanguine and tolerant. She is lovely.

42 MT { 08.02.13 at 8:16 am }

I thought Tim looked quite hurt when they were speaking to him at dinner. Maybe he was oblivious.
The most annoying part of BB is always the idiots talking over each other.