Big Brother – The Marriage Is Over And New Housemates

Jade and Drew’s marriage is now over and it was a happy split for Jade but not so much for Drew who looked like he would like to keep it going. Jade said she is now able to be herself. However since she is up for nomination she may not have enough time to show Australia the real her.

Tonight three days in BB land were squashed into an hour and a half and some of that was taken up by the new housemates.

Rohan an engineer of Indian background was lucky enough to make it into the safe house. Katie and Lucy who are sisters will be playing as one, which means they are either both nominated and eliminated together. However the hard bit seems to be they have to be no further than three metres apart the whole time. I can’t see them lasting very long. When they stood on stage I thought they looked like a cheaper version of Brynne Edelsten.

Also I think they should swap the safe and half way housemates as it would be interesting to see how the safe housemates cope and also it is starting to be a bit unfair.

Highlights of the episode included:

• Tim when finding out that Jade and Drew were not married calling out in delight “Jade’s single”;
  • Tim saying “I’m out” after hearing Jade likes well built men;
  • Jade went down in my estimation when she said Matt was the type of guy she would go for;
  • Tahan went up in my estimation when after listening to Tully bitch about Mikkayla interrupting all the time, told her she did it a lot too;
  • Tully cracking the shits upon being criticised and storming out;
  • Ben weeping after hearing Jade and Drew’s marriage was a sham and he and Matt were the only ones who thought it was real;
  • Big Brother was unfair over the announcement of the end of the marriage as he gave the HM’s plenty of chances to say they thought it was a sham. It was really only Tahan and Xavier that put their hands up at first;
  • Tim being a douche with Jaz saying she needed to move her clothes so Jade and Drew could put theirs in that spot;
  • Matt and Caleb having the most banal conversation in the Presidential suite.
  • Sharon, Ed, and Jaz are flying under the radar or not being shown much. There was an interesting discussion between Tahan, Mikkayla and Tim about Sharon’s dominating behaviour. However to be fair they might be giving Sharon a good edit to give her a chance of staying in the competition for more than a week. The older contestants are generally voted out first.
  • Tully and Tim appear to be getting the elimination edit at the moment.

What did you like or dislike about the episode?

1 Evan { 08.06.13 at 11:00 pm }

I hope Tim is the first one out – I do not find him entertaining in the slightest. He is a bully, and an attention hog.

2 daisy { 08.06.13 at 11:02 pm }

Andrea, I will try and catch ANTM from dl tomorrow pm.

3 daisy { 08.06.13 at 11:04 pm }

Tim took a bullet for Heidi tonight.

4 Ari { 08.06.13 at 11:15 pm }

I’m sad and surprised Mikkayla was nominated so much. Especially Xavier whom I thought was her buddy. :(

It always pisses me off seeing people comfort her when they nominated her. The look on Tully’s face and the hugs she gave after giving her four points? I could not understand.

As an Asian it’s always kinda funny seeing the Asians being nominated first week in every BBAU season that I can remember – most seasons had an Asian contestant and was the first to go. It’s probably not a race thing – just would like to see an Asian contestant not be the most voted to go tbh.

I’m surprised nobody nominated Tully. So the contestants are more troubled with Mikkayla being a teacher and Sharon being a bit unable to connect yet they’re fine with Tully being a bratty primadonna? I loved Tully at the start but she has since disappointed me.

Surprising nominations…I wonder how long until Matt gets nominated for being too bland. Great body, yeah – but booooring.

I’ve grown to love Ben – he just seems the most genuine contestant ever. So eccentric and so real.

The latecomers should never have been added btw. The originals are so much more interesting.

5 Reality Raver { 08.06.13 at 11:21 pm }

Ari – I wondered if Mikkayla’s nomination was race related.

6 Ari { 08.06.13 at 11:30 pm }

RR – I always wondered if it was race related too. Sadly, I HATE to think people would vote in that way and always wish people have better intentions. So I just choose to see the good in people and hope to god she wasn’t nominated for being Asian. But I can’t deny that at least one contestant might have voted for her due to race. But again – I choose to believe people don’t have those sort of attitudes in this day and age.

7 Gabby { 08.06.13 at 11:42 pm }

Ari, I’m with you, loved Tully at the start, but now do not care for the girl much at all. As for the fake hugs she was giving Mikayla , found that too hard to watch. Not a nice girl. I really and truly thought she would be nominated, was so surprised when she wasn’t.

8 daisy { 08.07.13 at 2:27 am }

It just goes to show, no one likes a bossy boots. I don’t think it’s anything other than that.
Otherwise their reasons would not have all been the same. Too bossy.
We obviously weren’t shown it.

9 brain dead dave { 08.07.13 at 10:14 am }

Seventeen is an awful lot of points for someone being “bossy”.

Racists have won Big Brother before and been celebrated for it, I’ve learned not to expect too much from this show.

10 daisy { 08.07.13 at 10:23 am }

I suppose I am seeing it through my own eyes. I have a few Asian besties, but man I wouldn’t like them telling me to sit down and shut up. I’d just figure I wasn’t their type and move on.

I think if someone tells you to shut up you might object to it, unless they had a good reason.

11 daisy { 08.07.13 at 10:25 am }

But you might be right BDD. That might be the hm’s reason. We’ll see how they take to Rohan. But then I don’t like HIM much.

12 Gabby { 08.07.13 at 10:26 am }

I cannot believe it is racist related. I definitely wouldn’t like to think it is. I was so surprised when I read that.

13 daisy { 08.07.13 at 10:34 am }

I guess, Gabby if you are not racist yourself, you don’t hink that is the reason. It never occured to me at all. Amongst people I know you have to do a double take to evven think of them as Asians or whatever because they are just ‘Rachel’ or ‘Min’.

I witnessd terrible racism when I worked in a coffee shop years ago.
They made unbelieable snide remarks when some people walked into the shop. But the people working there were mostly bogans.

14 brain dead dave { 08.07.13 at 10:39 am }

I wouldn’t like it to be true, either ~but find myself in agreement with Ari that at least one person would have voted for her because of race.

The housemates certainly seem to be in a “race” to get her out for some reason.

We’re also seeing the eldest contestant nominated as predictably often happens…because she’s “disconnected”. Who wouldn’t want to disconnect from some of the human detritus on show in this house?

15 daisy { 08.07.13 at 10:55 am }

The viewers can’t really tell much because we have probably only seen about 3 minutes in total of some hms, and probably about 10 of others. Caleb’s turning out to be a likeable character IMO. In fact I don’t mind any of the originals.

So far the only ones really annoying me are the squealy, bouncy Barabah Windsors. That act just grosses me out. Females behaving like dumb twits.
After that the hm I most dislike is Rohan’s hairdo. I nominate Rohan’s hair for 3 points because it’s cheesy and makes me feel uncomfortable. For 2 points I nominate his scarf.

16 Gabby { 08.07.13 at 11:02 am }

Well it leaves you wondering who the at least ”one” race related vote could have been from? I really am gobsmacked. I thought we were over all that bullshite. A young girl like that being picked on because of her race.
Fare enough if she is a pain in the butt and annoys the crap out of people, sure go for it. I would love to know who nominated her for her race. I suppose we will never find out. When you think of how fake some are turning out to be. Tully with fer fake hugs after nominating her and Xavier who has for all intents and purposes appeared her friend and then votes for her.
It just pees me off that BB has shown us none of this behaviour that they are all talking about.

17 Daze { 08.07.13 at 11:14 am }

Tully wanting to hide from the cameras? Really. What show did she sign up for?

Very upset about Mikkayla being nom’d for 17 points. Australia will not vote her out, more likely Sharon or Jaz who are giving zero factor to this series. Fingers crossed anyhow.

Tim – time to pull your head in. Votes speak.

Not surprised Ben didn’t get nom’d – shows they must all like him in the house – he couldn’t upset a fly, could he? lol

18 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:24 am }

Daze, that’s more or less what Mikayla said to BB about Tully. “What did you think you were coming into? Suck it up”

I hope M tells the bogan blonds to sit down and shut up :)

I wonder if Tim will, or can, tone it down. I’m still enjoying him.

19 Carol { 08.07.13 at 11:30 am }

I’m sorry Daisy… for me it would be 4 points for Caleb’s hair straightener… and 1 point for Tully’s black roots!

Hey I’d like to see BB take away Caleb’s “products”!!

20 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:32 am }

I have just worked out where I have seen these hms before.
The 100 acre wood.
Ben: Winnie the Pooh.
Mikayla: Rabbit
Sharon: Owl
Tully:Eeyore
Heidi: Kanga
Tim: Roo and then later in the Disney version: Tigger
Xavvier or Caleb: Christopher Robin.
I haven’t worked out piglet yet or gopher.

21 Carol { 08.07.13 at 11:33 am }

Those 2 girls make as much noise as a piglet!!!

22 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:35 am }

YES!!! Piglets. Sooeeeeee!

23 Daze { 08.07.13 at 11:35 am }

I remember Josh hardly got any votes last year – Xavier and Ben will fly under the radar too – just seems they aren’t the types to upset people. I’m surprised Sharon (ex cop) and Jaz (ex hostess) aren’t engaging other HM.

daisy – Tim had a hissy fit like a girl the other night re drawers and clothes – he seems to have some issues. Yes, he’s all front and I think he will tone it down when he realises all HM do not particularly think he is as fantastic as he himself thinks he is, lol

24 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:36 am }

Gotta go Carol. I look fd to catching up again later.

25 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:39 am }

Daze; He’s a little s**t stirrer 😉

26 Carol { 08.07.13 at 11:45 am }

I’m trying to remember the exact words Tim used last night. Something about someone making allowances for someone like him. I think he mentioned Ben too? I got the impression that he’s either ADD (really?) or OCD or something like that. Wish I hadn’t deleted the show already or I would go back and watch that bit again.

27 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:48 am }

Still here. He might have said, “Special needs”.

28 daisy { 08.07.13 at 11:51 am }

Whatever he said, He was sure to be half joking.

I think that’s why I like him. He is never too serious.

29 Carole { 08.09.13 at 1:27 pm }

If any of the house mates are racist, they are covering it up pretty well. I don’t watch the US version but have seen some snippets on entertainment shows and read Tweets about it and there are a couple there that don’t even try to hide their racism. Two have even been fired from their jobs, which they will find out when evicted.