Recipe To Riches Promo – Want Do You Think?

Recipe To Riches is coming to TEN soon. It is a food show where the contestants showcase a dish they think can be turned into a supermarket product.

A bit of cooking mixed in with a bit of The Apprentice, as they have to market the product as well.

The interesting aspect is the viewer will be able to buy each weeks winning product the next day in Woolworths.

The judges/mentors are Darren Robertson from Three Blue Ducks in Sydney, Carolyn Cresswell the owner of Carmen’s Museli products, and David ‘Nobby’ Nobay an ad guy.

Each week a different set of contestants battle it out to get their dish on the shelves, and the grand final consists of these winners. Will the overall winner be the one who moves the most product?

Will you be watching it?

Recipe To Riches coming soon to Network TEN.

1 Bel { 08.05.13 at 2:49 pm }

I don’t quite get this…. do they mean a ready-made, just heat kind of dish you’d get from the chiller section? Or a ‘main ingredient’, like a stir-through sauce or ‘recipe-base’ that you’d buy in a jar/packet? If the latter, you’d need a lot of help with chemicals/food manufacturing… If the former, those things are always so expensive you’d be lucky to sell very many.

Yes I’ll be watching :)

2 Littlepetal { 08.05.13 at 3:37 pm }

May watch to see what it is all about.

3 Culinary Boner { 08.05.13 at 3:54 pm }

I saw the promo intro last night and got an immediate laugh from the guy who’s calculation was implied to mean he’d have to buy next year’s entire supply of McIlhenny Tabasco sauce on the NY Futures Market just to make some lame sauce concoction that Coles & Woolies would make him sell at cost minus 20 percent.

For this alone I will be watching.

4 Bel { 08.05.13 at 4:00 pm }

LOL CB@3….. now I will definitely watch.

5 Sioux Denim { 08.05.13 at 4:29 pm }

Sounds like they already know each week’s winning entry if they then have them in shops the next day………..
Will definitely watch as i like the idea of this.

6 Andrea { 08.05.13 at 4:31 pm }

Sounds interesting, will be worth a look.

7 Daze { 08.05.13 at 4:35 pm }

I’ll be watching, it’s something different to the same ole

8 Ashlee { 08.05.13 at 10:06 pm }

Sioux – that would probably be because its filmed ahead of screening.

I’ll watch and may even check out some of the products depending on what they are.

9 Lebay { 08.06.13 at 8:57 am }

There is a similar English show called Cooks To Market (or something close) which I watched on Fox… I enjoyed that, so I will watch this closely

10 Joseph Skyrim { 08.06.13 at 9:02 am }

I just wonder how they prove it’s “their” recipe. If I took my grandma’s cake thing for example she’d probably get mad (well – the cake lady that gave it to her would be anyway). What’s to stop people using info on the internet?

Anywho I’ll probably check it out to see if it worth sticking with.

11 Roo { 08.06.13 at 11:43 am }

I really loved the UK version, previously shown on Foxtel so will definitely be watching!

12 Gabby { 08.06.13 at 2:35 pm }

Sounds good to me. I’ll give it a go.