Big Brother – First Nominations And Some Surprising Noms
It is always interesting the first nomination as there is always a few surprises and there were tonight.
Firstly that Tully is not as annoying as she appears to be as she only scored two nomination points whereas her nemesis Mikkayla got the full dance card of seventeen points. Actually the three people who received the highest points viewers have barely seen. These were Sharon and Jaz. Mikkayla is apparently too bossy, Sharon not social and Jaz not showing her real self.
The other surprise was that Tim did not get as many points as you would expect even though he did end up getting nominated.
The housemates up for nomination have to live in the halfway house. So Estelle was lucky she was not in the house this year as she would have had a very uncomfortable few months.
The halfway house was pushing Tully to the edge and she broke down after the three new contestants came into the house. She was sobbing and trying to hide from the cameras. Nice try. She also freaked out when Big Brother told them all to pack their bags. “He just saw me upset and now he is throwing something else at me.” Seriously Tully Big Brother does not revolve around you a TV show has to be made.
Lucky for her the halfway house were able to sleep in the safe house. Xavier who got sleeping bags from Big Brother told the safe housemates that they had to have the beds that night. Ben managed to stay in his own bed with no one seeming to mind. He will not cope in the halfway house at all.
Then it was nomination time. Drew and Jade were automatically nominated because they failed the fake marraige task and Matt’s nomination super power was to give another housemate the power to have their nomination points doubled. He selected Caleb as he knew he would not nominate him.
Here’s how it rolled:
- Heidi was first into the nomination box. She gave Tahan 4 points because she is negative person and Caleb 1 point because he is always hungry and wanting more food.
- Ben gave Heidi 4 points because she made him feel like an idiot that he did not pick Jade and Drew were not married. He gave one point as Tim had told him it would be a waste of points to nominate him as someone like him as he won’t be eliminated in the early weeks of the show. Are they allowed to discuss nominations this year?
- Sharon nominated Tahan for 3 points as she tends to dumb herself down alot. It annoys her. Tully received 2 points as she is over the water works. She added that whenever there is a change she just cries uncontrollably.
- Tahan nominated Ed for one point purely strategic as he is a threat. She nominated Sharon for four points as she is not opening up. She does not think she is not being her true self.
- Jade is nominated Jaz for three points as she said she sometimes talks to her in a condescending manner. She nominated Tahan for 2 points for breaking the rules and jumping in the spa as it was attention seeking. When BB questioned whether the nomination had anything to do with her leading the charge about not believeing the marriage. She concurred that this had something to do with it.
- Drew gave 2 points Mikkayla because she is quite bossy. Heidi got 2 points for hijacking a conversation.
- Matt gives three points to Mikkayla saying when everyone is having a laugh and good time she tells people to shut up. Tim got 2 points because he was too self centred as he did not seem happy that he had won after Saturday night sports.
- Tim nominated Mikkayla for one point as he is sick off having her barking orders. He gave Jaz her four points for wearing too much lipstick and because her fear of confrontation made her a bit passive aggressive.
- Jaz nominated Tim for 3 points for the wardrobe incident. Mikkayla got 2 points for being bossy.
- Xavier nominated Sharon for 4 points as he has not connected with her, and 1 point for Mikkayla as she does the least amount of housework.
- Mikkayla nominated Jaz for 4 points as one minute she is warm and friendly and then the next minute she has cut off. and she gave Tim 1 point because of his “look at me” persona.
- Tully who has bitched about everyone in the house said she did not want to nominate anyone as she liked them all. Not sure the viewer will believe that. She flicked 4 points to Mikkayla and 1 point to Tim because he has been giving them a hard time for being in the half way house.
- Ed nominated Mikkayla for 3 points because she is very assertive and it comes across as bossy and 2 points for Tim because of his altercation with Jaz and he was disappointed in him.
- Caleb gave 3 points to Sharon because she has not come across as super sincere, also she is a little bit quiet, and 2 points to Heidi for strategic reasons because I think she will go a long way.
Mikkayla was upset when she found out she was noimated whilst Jaz and Sharon were far more stoic. Tim and Heidi had tied on ten points each and since only six people can sleep in the half way house Mikkayla as she had the highest number of nomination points had to pick which of them were going to be up for nominations.
After much sobbing she decided on Tim.
However the twist in this episode is that one person will be about of the nominations and another housemate in. It will be interesting to see how this is going to work.