Big Brother – First Nominations And Some Surprising Noms

It is always interesting the first nomination as there is always a few surprises and there were tonight.

Firstly that Tully is not as annoying as she appears to be as she only scored two nomination points whereas her nemesis Mikkayla got the full dance card of seventeen points. Actually the three people who received the highest points viewers have barely seen. These were Sharon and Jaz. Mikkayla is apparently too bossy, Sharon not social and Jaz not showing her real self.

The other surprise was that Tim did not get as many points as you would expect even though he did end up getting nominated.

The housemates up for nomination have to live in the halfway house. So Estelle was lucky she was not in the house this year as she would have had a very uncomfortable few months.

The halfway house was pushing Tully to the edge and she broke down after the three new contestants came into the house. She was sobbing and trying to hide from the cameras.  Nice try. She also freaked out when Big Brother told them all to pack their bags. “He just saw me upset and now he is throwing something else at me.” Seriously Tully Big Brother does not revolve around you a TV show has to be made.

Lucky for her the halfway house were able to sleep in the safe house. Xavier who got sleeping bags from Big Brother told the safe housemates that they had to have the beds that night. Ben managed to stay in his own bed with no one seeming to mind. He will not cope in the halfway house at all.

Then it was nomination time. Drew and Jade were automatically nominated because they failed the fake marraige task  and Matt’s nomination super power was to give another housemate the power to have their nomination points doubled. He selected Caleb as he knew he would not nominate him.

Here’s how it rolled:

• Heidi was first into the nomination box. She gave Tahan 4 points because she is negative person and Caleb 1 point because he is always hungry and wanting more food.
  • Ben gave Heidi 4 points because she made him feel like an idiot that he did not pick Jade and Drew were not married. He gave one point as Tim had told him it would be a waste of points to nominate him as someone like him as he won’t be eliminated in the early weeks of the show. Are they allowed to discuss nominations this year?
  • Sharon nominated Tahan for 3 points as she tends to dumb herself down alot. It annoys her. Tully received 2 points as she is over the water works. She added that whenever there is a change she just cries uncontrollably.
  • Tahan nominated Ed for one point purely strategic as he is a threat. She nominated Sharon for four points as she is not opening up. She does not think she is not being her true self.
  • Jade is nominated Jaz for three points as she said she sometimes talks to her in a condescending manner. She nominated Tahan for 2 points for breaking the rules and jumping in the spa as it was attention seeking. When BB questioned whether the nomination had anything to do with her leading the charge about not believeing the marriage. She concurred that this had something to do with it.
  • Drew gave 2 points Mikkayla because she is quite bossy. Heidi got 2 points for hijacking a conversation.
  • Matt gives three points to Mikkayla saying when everyone is having a laugh and good time she tells people to shut up. Tim got 2 points because he was too self centred as he did not seem happy that he had won after Saturday night sports.
  • Tim nominated Mikkayla for one point as he is sick off having her barking orders. He gave Jaz her four points for wearing too much lipstick and because  her fear of confrontation made her a bit passive aggressive.
  • Jaz nominated Tim for 3 points for the wardrobe incident. Mikkayla got 2 points for being bossy.
  • Xavier nominated Sharon for 4 points as he has not connected with her,  and 1 point for Mikkayla as she does the  least amount of housework.
  • Mikkayla nominated Jaz for 4 points as one minute she is warm and friendly and then the next minute she has cut off. and she gave Tim 1 point because of his “look at me” persona.
  • Tully who has bitched about everyone in the house said she did not want to nominate anyone as she liked them all. Not sure the viewer will believe that. She flicked 4 points to Mikkayla and 1 point to Tim because he has been giving them a hard time for being in the half way house.
  • Ed nominated Mikkayla for 3 points because she is very assertive and it comes across as bossy and 2 points for Tim because of his altercation with Jaz and he was disappointed in him.
  • Caleb gave 3 points to Sharon because she has not come across as super sincere, also she is a little bit quiet, and  2 points to Heidi for strategic reasons because I think she will go a long way.

Mikkayla was upset when she found out she was noimated whilst Jaz and Sharon were far more stoic. Tim and Heidi had tied on ten points each and since only six people can sleep in the half way house Mikkayla as she had the highest number of nomination points had to pick which of them were going to be up for nominations.

After much sobbing she decided on Tim.

However the twist in this episode is that one person will be about of the nominations and another housemate in. It will be interesting to see how this is going to work.

1 daisy { 08.07.13 at 10:16 pm }

Tim to Ben on jacket hanging…”Hang it up like you mean it”.

2 Andrea { 08.07.13 at 10:18 pm }

I agree, Xavier’s acting scene with Heidi was way overdone and I like Ben, but sometimes I just don’t know about him……
Didn’t take Tully long to ask BB, “why me again?” when she had to be night watchman, such a complainer.

3 Izobel2 { 08.08.13 at 12:03 am }

Tully is annoying me tonight.
And Ed spoke!
Tims hair looks great considering he only washes it monthly. Drews hair looks greasy though, yuck.
Hard to tell who is over acting and who is genuine in the house.
Sometimes I wish it was season 1 again where they had no idea if anyone was even watching.
And what’s with Jade, she should check the washing machine as her clothes are shrinking.
I’m still a BB addict, and this season is pretty good, imo.

4 daisy { 08.08.13 at 12:15 am }

It’s picky, I know but Drew looks like a bit of time in the gym would make him puuuurrrfect.

You can tell they are acting for sure when it’s bad acting. Xavier was on the nose tonight. Tim plays up for the camera for sure, but he’s a natural so he can do it.
Any Timmy haters changing their minds yet. The scene with him and Ben in the diary room, where Tim was training Ben to hit the clubs was beautiful.
I would love to see Tim and Fryzee together.

5 daisy { 08.08.13 at 12:21 am }

Bella, are you into A A Milne and did you read my Hundred Acre Wood hook-up?
Ben is Winnie the Pooh.
Heidi and Tim are Kanga and Roo. Although Tim is also Tigger.
Mikayla is Rabbit.
Sharon is owl.
Tully is Eeyore.
I couldn’t think who could be Piglet, but someone suggest the 2 who arrived in pink this week.
Oh and the one who cares for them all will be Christopher Robin.

6 Sandii { 08.08.13 at 7:14 am }

How funny was it when Tim was chasing Ed with the banana. Strange thing to have a phobia about.!

7 Evan { 08.08.13 at 9:22 am }

Ben is a keeper – funny, entertaining, and lovable, all at the same time.
And much as I dislike Tim, he at least makes things interesting.
Tully does my head in – does that girl ever stop whining?
Agree that Xavier was blatantly overacting – after more screen time, I guess

8 daisy { 08.08.13 at 9:38 am }

I am starting to feel sorry for Tully.
What a morose personality she has. It’s really quite sad. Like Donny Darko.

9 brain dead dave { 08.08.13 at 9:40 am }

I’m okay with Tully and Tim , so far, in spite of things. They are crazy and alive and much easier for me to take than Xavier, who , as it’s been pointed out, did an appallingly embarrassing job of attempting to be genuine. He looks a lot like the geetar player in Blur, I think.

Hardly saw Sharon. Has she been evicted already? ” I’m doing this for my kids” ,she says , to the tune of a sad violin.

Okay. But like John Kennedy* said- “DO something!” You’re getting out of Adelaide for a few weeks. You’re living the dream.

Go Tully! Put a gap in ’em!

*AFL coach and inspirator legend.

10 Gabby { 08.08.13 at 9:46 am }

That Heidi and Xavier double act was a shocker, what was that all about?
Andrea I am the same as you re: Ben, I like him, but I just don’t know sometimes, he’s bloody good if he is fooling us.
Daze, glad you are on board and can see what a nice guy Caleb is, I have liked him from the start. A nice knock about bloke, that isn’t afraid to admit he loves himself and loves the girls but he can laugh at himself and he seems to have a good heart.
This division of the housemates is going to make it a bit hard to see them all interacting together, week after week.
Some of them are so cocky in the safe house, if only they knew how close they came.
Haven’t seen may smiles from Jade since she was moved, she is not a happy little princess anymore.

11 Daze { 08.08.13 at 9:57 am }

Gabby, I think Jade is wondering what the crock she is doing in there? Time will tell but she’s not flirting up Ed and seems to be sitting back just watching. Still think she and Drew make a dream couple but she only likes him as a friend now.

12 Gabby { 08.08.13 at 10:07 am }

Daze she is probably put out because she got told off by BB. Also Ed is in the other side, so are Matt and Caleb who’s names have been tossed around that she might have a crush on.
She is not liking living without her luxuries. If she doesn’t start smiling and joining in she could be going home this week.Her and Drew did seem to make a great couple and at one stage I was even thinking maybe they really are married. Shows what a good actress she is!

13 Daze { 08.08.13 at 10:12 am }

Gabby, she is only 22 and has modeled in Spain Africa NY and Milan – no wonder she likes her luxuries, she’d be quite used to being pampered lol. But I do like her groundedness and she now lives with her Gran.