OPEN POST: The X Factor Australia – Tell Me What You Think

Every day I think I am going to get a The X Factor post up but it never happens.

It will definitely once they are the live shows, but hopefully before then.

Tell me who you think the front runners are?

I think Vendulka as she has fans from last year and just maybe a group may take it out this year.

Who are your faves and who do you think should not be put through?

1 Blake { 08.07.13 at 4:08 pm }

The lack of Samantha Jade acknowledgment and the show pretending The Collective won are extremely off putting! Particularly when Samantha has outsold The Collective by a comfortable margin.

2 Andrea { 08.07.13 at 5:05 pm }

That’s true Blake, I never thought of that, they hardly mention her do they?

3 Eliza { 08.07.13 at 5:18 pm }

They are trying to capitalise on the whole One Direction thing. I like SJ and have downloaded her songs so far.. They are great for working out haha.

I am not really watching this until they go overseas for coaching. I don’t like the auditions, listening to the judges gush and Ronan tell everyone they are a star. Please..

4 daisy { 08.07.13 at 5:20 pm }

RR I have heard a couple of goodies but at this stage I don’t remember who anyof them are.

5 Blake { 08.07.13 at 5:26 pm }

They are trying to capitalise on 1 Direction , but TC’s latest single bombed at #47, so you wood think they’d give up on it and try to lay more of a claim to the person who won and has actually had a recent Top 10 hit, but what do I know?!
To me, persisting with the notion that The Collective have been a success seems stubborn and deluded.

6 Blake { 08.07.13 at 5:28 pm }

Damn, I typed sod instead of would…

7 Bella vita { 08.07.13 at 8:26 pm }

The top 12 this year which was filmed in May and June is fairly predictable by who they’re showing now.

8 Zac { 08.07.13 at 11:41 pm }

I like The Royce Twins, they had a good audition process. There we are few others, that I seem in the live Sydney auditions who were great, but didn’t make it to the shows … Interesting indeed. And they are spending too much time on Jai, yes he was good, but his 14, IMO I think they just need to back off on the younger kids who are good and stop putting so much pressure on them.

Also, the media attention on only some auditionees to go onto Sunrise, The Today Show, Today Tonight, is a bit of a let down. They shouldn’t be allowing this to happen until at least the Live Shows have started. Just my opinion though.

9 daisy { 08.08.13 at 12:27 am }

Oh yeah. Those twins were fantastic if you mean those boys whose parents died when they were young.

That very little boy in the promos is not ready. He’s too young. How can he go to boot camp? 7f he’s going to be great, he will still be good when he has the maturity to deal with an adult scene. 14 is plenty young enough imo.

10 Zac { 08.08.13 at 9:32 am }

daisy, yes they are the boys I was referring too. Even though one of them is for sure stronger then the other, but together they are good.

As for Jai, the 14 year old in the promos I have to totally agree with you. He is not ready. They are putting too much pressure on the younger contestants. He is a good singer now, but he will be even better in years to come.

11 daisy { 08.08.13 at 9:50 am }

Is Jai the one with the high pitched voice and with his Dad playing the guitar? He looks about 7 years old.

12 Zac { 08.08.13 at 11:37 am }

Yeah that’s Jai, his 14.

13 daisy { 08.08.13 at 11:40 am }

Far out!!!

14 LB { 08.08.13 at 12:13 pm }

Have been enjoying the auditions – we just wish that there were more of the train wrecks. Cruel, I know, but so funny.

Agree that the twin guys were fantastic & hope they do well. Got quite teary at the last singers back story – so hope he is able to reconcile with his family regardless of the outcome of the show.

Every time somebody spruiks how they are going to top the charts and sell out stadiums, we look at each other, say “Altyan Childs” and fall around laughing.

15 Lily { 08.08.13 at 3:39 pm }

To make it fair to Jai, he’s probably one of the few who has actually gone out and performed at local clubs and gained experience performing.
Just because he is 14 doesn’t mean he is less prepared or experienced as some of the older contestants, especially those who openly admit to never having performed in front of others before.

16 brain dead dave { 08.08.13 at 4:11 pm }

To be fair to those who are exposed to Jai- is he emotionally mature enough to be dabbling in concepts like romantic love when developmental science indicates that on average his brain won’t sufficiently have developed to be adept with abstract thought?

In other words , it’s one thing to sing the words parrot- fashion and another to understand what they mean.

17 Pete { 12.13.13 at 1:55 pm }

Hey Reality Raver, please rave about this: http://www.pozible.com/theroycetwins

18 Georgie { 12.13.13 at 5:23 pm }

So the Royce Twins want fans, or anyone really, to pay for their first album? Hmm, sounds like another Altiyan scam man! If they manage to raise the funds, they can call the album ‘Charity Works’.

19 brain dead dave { 12.13.13 at 6:06 pm }

Call it “Cash for Trash”

20 Anonymous { 12.14.13 at 12:12 am }

BDD Your the only trash around here. Learn to spell you smart arse.

21 mittens { 12.14.13 at 12:21 am }

Hi five BDD.

22 Pete { 12.14.13 at 12:37 am }

Interesting , I thought this was a blog for reality tv fans, instead I find trolls.

23 Georgie { 12.14.13 at 6:49 am }

#22 – this is a blog for reality tv viewers. It’s up to the individual viewer to decide for themselves, which shows and contestants they become a fan of. To decide not to be a fan of a particular show or contestant, doesn’t make a commenter a troll. A troll generally attacks other commenters and often uses the name ‘Anonymous’. See #20.

24 Techhater { 12.14.13 at 10:22 am }

Here we go again.

Anonymous Really is your only pleasure in life is to attack people like BDD and others here? I genuinely feel sory for you. It would be a much better community here if you talked about your opinions on the topics we’re discussing rather than attacking people all the time. I really would like to read your honest opinions for change.

25 Skye { 12.14.13 at 10:31 am }

From a long time reader from the sides. You are not wrong Pete.

26 mittens { 12.14.13 at 10:39 am }

There’s reasons BDD has friends here.

But whoever is getting attacked for no reason, it’s tedious.

27 brain dead dave { 12.14.13 at 11:01 am }

The Royce twins were told by Ronan Keating that they’re not ready for X Factor. And he’ll usually gush over a fart in a bucket.

It’s appropriate that the parents or themselves cough up the cash to finance their musical delusions…. I’ll pay for some lessons

28 Anonymous { 12.14.13 at 4:33 pm }

Long time reader my arse.

29 sunshine { 12.14.13 at 4:53 pm }

You can kiss it.

30 Georgie { 12.14.13 at 4:58 pm }

#25 – thanks for your valuable and timely input. You’re obviously very selective about what’s worth commenting on and when – from the sides?

31 mittens { 12.14.13 at 5:07 pm }

Pete, BDD, Skye and Georgie; you’re on Santa’s nice list.

32 Georgie { 12.14.13 at 5:09 pm }

Nice what mittens? 😉

33 Mrs Claws { 12.14.13 at 5:35 pm }

Georgie, it’s the list of names that Santa and I make of all those good commenters who have a kind word, bring a laugh or some light relief or just come to make friends or bring some helpful news or like yourself bring peace, and or help to those in need.

Now wasn’t that deep?

34 Andrea { 12.14.13 at 5:49 pm }

Am I on the naughty or nice list?

35 Mrs Claws { 12.14.13 at 5:54 pm }

Santa hopes everyone will be on it.

36 Techhater { 12.14.13 at 7:06 pm }

#28 What is your problem? Do you really want a lump of coal or are you truly just an a*sehole. One can only be nice for so long.

37 mittens { 12.14.13 at 10:03 pm }

I for one am tired of trolls spoiling the mood.

There’s more friends than foes so let’s enjoy. I am going to sit you around my cyber swimming pool and give you all a cyber champagne…something reeeeally expensive. Littlepetal and TH have made some delicious appertizers and I’m going to cook you prawns, lobster and satay chicken with home-made peanut sauce. TH, Georgie and BDD might make some beautiful music for us. And once we have had enough to drink, LW will lead the way in a nude swim. Then all happening will bring out her stash and we’ll all have a joint, even if we’ve never tried it before or haven’t had one for 30 years. Then because it’s hot and we’re all contentedly out of it we’ll sleep anywhere on the lawn and wake up looking like crap tomorrow.

I’ll make everyone a hook-up tee too.

Love mittens.

38 Techhater { 12.14.13 at 11:05 pm }

Mittens You go girlfriend. I’ve got the latkes and knishes ready. O:-)

39 mittens { 12.14.13 at 11:21 pm }

We’ll start in our string bikinis; guys boardies.
Doesn’t matter if there is abit of tummy roll.

It’s nearly full moon too.

40 brain dead dave { 12.14.13 at 11:29 pm }

Can I bring my penis enlarger?

She’s twenty five and her name’s Candy.

41 mittens { 12.14.13 at 11:33 pm }

Candy is most welcome.
As is her friend Luscious.

In fact there might even be a hot, young shirtless Bad Santa.
Would that be kosher TH?

42 all happening { 12.14.13 at 11:40 pm }

The stash is ready and waiting. It may be a bit passed its used by date but so am I so I’m game to try it. Perhaps we need the stash before the nude swim. We may all look better after a bit of help.
I promise I will be good Mrs Claws.

43 mittens { 12.15.13 at 12:24 am }

He he. A thirty year old stash should be pretty ripe by now all happening.

We’ll all end up penciled in on the naughty but nice list.

44 Techhater { 12.15.13 at 2:33 am }

What about me? I wanna come too. What will Santa say when he finds out i don’t believe in him, can i still go on the “naughty but nice” list?

45 all happening { 12.15.13 at 10:25 am }

Don’t worry we ordered extra rum for you TH. Santa is just an excuse TH, Mitten just wants to get her hands on my stash. hehe it may be old (more than 30 years old, Mittens)but it is ripe. I hope I don’t nod off and forget it.

46 Techhater { 12.15.13 at 10:53 am }