Big Brother – The First Elimination Was No Surprise

Eviction nights are always interesting but it was no real surprise on who would be eliminated. It was Sharon and she managed to be her most entertaining when her breast popped out of her dress when she was hugging her son.

She only received 4 per cent of the saved votes but we really have not seen her at all so it was hard to feel emotionally connected to her. She did not have a bad edit she just had no plot line.  Jas was not far behind on 5 per cent and clearly the NXFM campaign to save Heidi was not that successful as she only received 9 percent of the vote.

Drew was the most popular receiving 38 percent of the vote. His nice boy good looks combined with the viewer being sympathetic about the fake marriage task and his not non-requited crush on Jade gave him a lot of fans.

This might have been why Jade garnered 22 per cent of the vote as it was a bit unfair she was up for eviction and of course Tim was never going to get voted off.

There have been a few improvements on the eviction show night. Firstly that the stools have gone and big comfortable chairs have replaced them so no panty flashing anymore. Also there appeared to be more housemate interview time with Sonia asking the questions that everyone is wanting to know. It was interesting to hear Sharon say that Ben was holding back and that she now wanted Tim to win.

Mike Goldman was hilarious when he was interviewing the loved ones of the nominated contestants. Also it gave the viewer a good look at the housemate’s loved ones. Was the girl there for Tim his sister?

Other bits from the episode included:

• The sister’s having a nervous breakdown over not getting access to their hair straighteners. What is it with Gen Y’s and their attachment to hair appliances?  Tahan was trying to fake cry with Rohan so thought about her hair dryer;
  • Jade was flirting with Ed, and was a bit miffed that she was put in with all the other girls as being beautiful, so she ramped it up and started massaging him;
  • Ed is dull he is only good for shower scenes and we are not getting any of those. In fact he is making Caleb and Matt look like they have charisma;
  • Matt is only getting air time when he is bitching about the other housemates and Caleb is like a nice puppy dog who is looking like he won’t be able to hook up with Lucy as her sister has to always be three metres next to her. Maybe a Jack Thompson scenario could occur;
  • Rohan is the house’s new whipping boy. He  told Xavier no one in the main clique is talking to him, but he does not help by not pulling his weight in the kitchen;
  • Heidi admitted tonight she had a big meltdown to Big Brother  about being nominated but we did not see it on screen;
  • Tim gets line of the night when he told Drew and Jade who were spooning “Take it to the lounge room if you want to make a baby”.

Did you think the right person was eliminated?

1 Reality Raver { 08.13.13 at 5:34 pm }

Andrea – pop that champagne bottle happy birthday.

2 Kate { 08.13.13 at 6:34 pm }

I have friends who are acquaintances with both Xavier and Ed and they say both guys have WAY bigger personalities out of the house. Not sure if they’re getting a bad edit, they are toning themselves down for fear of being eliminated, or they just haven’t had much screen time because there are some huge personalities in the house.

3 Eliza { 08.13.13 at 7:26 pm }

Happy birthday, Andrea! Hope you’ve enjoyed your day so far! Are you 21? Or do I detect sarcasm? I am a sticky beak.

Is it bad that I kind of have mental images of what a number of you look like? Sorry, I’m a bit weird.. I think my mind just likes to have a face to the name! Don’t worry, you’re all very good looking!

Back to the topic.. I agree with you again Gabby about Jade. I hope they can see her attention seeking ways. Daisy explained the gist of it.. Basically it was cringe worthy flirting in a needy and self centred way.. She wasn’t happy that Ed thought all of the girls would “do well” after the show and that she’d be talking to lots of new ppl when she leaves the house. Jade thought this didn’t make her feel special as she was fishing for compliments. The way I saw it Ed was trying to distance himself from her but later on he didn’t seem to mind her being into him.

Anyway, I’ve had my BB dose for another week.. I’ll read up later though on who gets nominated.

4 Chrissie { 08.13.13 at 7:32 pm }

WHAT is Sonia wearing tonight?!?!

5 Chrissie { 08.13.13 at 7:34 pm }

Oooo happy birthday Andrea, have a great night!

6 Sandii { 08.13.13 at 7:55 pm }

Sonya’s dress isa shocker.

7 Sandii { 08.13.13 at 7:59 pm }

Oh jade shut down by Ed. Good on him!

8 Gabby { 08.13.13 at 8:26 pm }

Thanks Eliza, I think these guys might have her worked out but then you can never tell with men!
Sandii, he shut down Jade yes, great, but my goodness, he went all around the world to get there, he could barely string two words together.
I am so amazed that the sister have not been nominated more than they have. They must’nt be too bad or else everyone would be nominating. I thought Rohan would have got more too.
There are going to be plenty of tears tonight.

9 Techhater { 08.13.13 at 8:28 pm }

LOL “DID YOU GET THAT TULLY”

10 Gabby { 08.13.13 at 8:29 pm }

Yes, right up ya Tully!

11 Gabby { 08.13.13 at 8:32 pm }

Hi TH, this is great. The tears will be flowing tonight with Tully, Tahan and BEN! Can you imagine it? I don’t think these guys are going to like it either.

12 Techhater { 08.13.13 at 8:45 pm }

Hey Gabby i’ve had some major family drama this past couple of weeks. That’s why I haven’t been here. It has taken me until now to catch up watching and reading posts from everyone. But when I heard Tim say that I just cracked up laughing for the first time in weeks. It really made my day. The final 6 will be interesting.

13 Gabby { 08.13.13 at 8:52 pm }

I hope everything is ok with your family. I was asking RR about you and she tried to send you my email but she said it bounced back, that was a few days ago. I just wanted to see if all was ok. I do hope alls fine now. I loved Tim’s nomination of Tully, it was a cracker. I am so happy she is in there, she is one little shit stirrer. You take care.

14 Chrissie { 08.13.13 at 8:53 pm }

Tim’s noms were indeed awesome!! LOL!!! I am really enjoying watching him.

Also the sister seemed so lovely, I think they could be a surprise contender.

I just hate the fact they all know Ed’s superpower…as perhaps they will start censoring themselves more in the future, which would be a crying shame.

15 Gabby { 08.13.13 at 9:00 pm }

That’s true Chrissie, if they think someone is listening, they will definitely make sure they don’t vote for that person. At least no one voted for Ed tonight. Yes he should have kept it a secret like Caleb did last week.
The sisters are nice aren’t they? Tahan was the only one to vote for them.
Tm was great with his nomination tonight, brilliant! Loved what he had to say about Tully, how very true.

16 Chrissie { 08.13.13 at 9:11 pm }

I don’t think BB gave Ed a choice, as BB announced to everyone what the superpower was. Will surely put people’s guards up, which I don’t think is right. But I guess the whole game is mind manipulation.

Can also not believe this year they didn’t fix the voting booth so they don’t have to cover their mouths….it’s sooooo freakin’ annoying!!!!!!

17 brain dead dave { 08.13.13 at 9:42 pm }

Tim IS rock and roll. He says what he means. Loved what he did to the buzz killer Tully.

Matt’s cover has been blown. Didn’t take too long. Swap him for Tahan, who’s paying the price for being the best looker in the house and not being a follower.

18 Techhater { 08.13.13 at 9:50 pm }

It will be REALLY interesting to see how Ben deals with the Halfway House this week. I’ve had my doubts about him since he entered BB.s house. There is something that doesn’t ring true. And can anyone tell me why he gets away with talking to “Mum” and “Nana” when Jade got into trouble last week trying to say Happy Birthday to someone last week. And REALLY all this nominations talk last week. Re: Mikkayla. WTF Any other year they would have been penalised for this. Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!
Where is the REAL Big Brother? :@

19 brain dead dave { 08.13.13 at 9:58 pm }

Did Tim say “the jocks, the models and the misfits?”

He’s got the bozos sorted right out.

Mikkayla’s a smart person, too. No flies on her. Too threatening for the jocks to cope with.

20 Andrea { 08.13.13 at 10:01 pm }

Techhater, good to see you back, hope everything is okay with you.
I’ve just finished watching and I’m so, so happy that Tully is up for eviction! I hope she goes, but it probably will be Rohan or Mikkayla I reckon.
I thought Jade would have got a few noms though and I’m glad the barbie girls got through for another week.
Eliza, I can only wish I was 21, that was a long time ago.

21 Chrissie { 08.13.13 at 10:23 pm }

BDD Tim called them meatheads!! Am wondering what affect that will have on Ed… I wonder if he’ll take it personally? Hmm…seeing he is one, he’ll probably just take it as a compliment!

Speaking of the meatheads….pretty suss they all voted similar, if not the same. Well, I think – can someone confirm whether Matt, Ed and Caleb all voted Rohan and Mikayla? It sniffs of some underhanded noms talk going on…which is surprising considering all the blatant “over-handed” noms talk we’ve seen 😉

22 Carole { 08.13.13 at 10:41 pm }

Glad to have you back TH, hope everything’s ok now.

Tim was hilarious when he nominated tonight. Did you get that Tully!!!!!! Everyone else covers their mouth and mumbles, even though you can’t hear through it. But Tim yells his nominations and hopes they hear him. So funny. And Big Brother didn’t like his skull top.

Matt & Ed nominated Rohan & Mikkayla & Caleb nominated Mikkayla & Ben, so they are similar Chrissie.

23 brain dead dave { 08.13.13 at 10:51 pm }

Meathead Alliance alert!

Boofcake City.

24 Ari { 08.13.13 at 11:12 pm }

Ughughughughugh was soo happy seeing Matt up there and you could tell my furiousness when he ended up not being nominated. U G H.

That dud needs to go A S A P.

25 Techhater { 08.13.13 at 11:18 pm }

Carole and Andrea thank you. Really glad i’ve been missed.

I agree with others that have said on other threads about housemates not being themselves. Never has it been so obvious than this season. It is so plain that some are not real, but more so that they are trying to be someone they’re not.

If only HM’s could be true to US as well as themselves WE might have a clearer understanding of them.

26 daisy { 08.13.13 at 11:26 pm }

BDD@67 SNAP totally agree.
@69 Tim said “Jocks, models and meatheads”. I remember meatheads because I was thinking it fitted Caleb to a tee.

27 daisy { 08.13.13 at 11:36 pm }

I hate that there already is a power group and that it consists of the model/meatheads.

I hate that Tulley just took over the decision and said, “I”M NOT VOTING MATT” She is in the power group. So I hope she gets evicted to break down their numbers so we don’t see a repeat of last year’s power group.
I do hope Tahan and Mikayla get enough saves.

Interesting that Ben chose 3 guys to spy on. Arrogant guy thinks no chicks could be smart enough or a threat enough to warrant spying on.

Loved Ed’s rejections line to Jade, “Bdeh, bdeh, bder, bder”. Funny you’d think he’d had more practice.
And Jade’s save….”I was only joking”.

Oh yeah? When Ed said he would sleep in the lounge she said, “Yeah. That’s OK. We can go in the lounge”. Guess the avoidance strategy failed.
Except that 2 of my favs are in the 1/2 house, it was a good night.

Tim is going to hate it if he ends up in the house with Caleb, Ed and Matt.

I hope Tahan and Mikayal get lots of saves. Both are gutsy.

28 daisy { 08.13.13 at 11:47 pm }

Tully is such a spoiled brat.

29 daisy { 08.13.13 at 11:49 pm }

Damn!! RR I clicked Tully to save when I meant Tully to go.
So she doesn’t really have 2 votes.
I want my vote to go to Tahan.

30 Izobel2 { 08.13.13 at 11:50 pm }

Cant read all of the comments as haven’t watched nominations yet, but happy birthday ANDREA!

And Gabby, happy anniversary to the RR blog, I remember chatting to you early on, and getting shocked that you weren’t a guy, seeing as you originally had a guy’s name, which was actually a pets name! How time flies!
Can’t wait to catch up on BB tomoro!

31 Andrea { 08.14.13 at 12:30 am }

Thanks Izobel,yes doesn’t time fly?I can’t believe its been a year already since Gabby/Beau started on here and we were all discussing BB, and now we’re back again for more punishment!
Remember Daisy/Jane started then too?
I think BB is going to get really interesting with the two groups forming, its just like last year with the cool group and the uncool group.
I want Tully gone, she has too much power, watching how she and Ben in particular react this week in the halfway house is going to be fun as long as no one saves Tully, she needs to go ASAP!

32 daisy { 08.14.13 at 1:31 am }

You know how it goes. With vote to save, you lose the bland and those with less air time.

With vote to evict, well we lost Fryzee.

Rohan will go, but I wish it would be Frankenstein’s bride instead.

33 Gabby { 08.14.13 at 9:39 am }

Iz2, how nice of you to remember me and my dog! Poor Beau we still miss him so much. It has been a great year on RR and I have made some nice friends including you. I think you were the one that asked me if I was a guy or not? I didn’t know I could change my name, stupid, I know. You and Andrea told me I could and how to do it, thank you.
Happy Anna to you too Daisy!