Big Brother – The First Elimination Was No Surprise
Eviction nights are always interesting but it was no real surprise on who would be eliminated. It was Sharon and she managed to be her most entertaining when her breast popped out of her dress when she was hugging her son.
She only received 4 per cent of the saved votes but we really have not seen her at all so it was hard to feel emotionally connected to her. She did not have a bad edit she just had no plot line. Jas was not far behind on 5 per cent and clearly the NXFM campaign to save Heidi was not that successful as she only received 9 percent of the vote.
Drew was the most popular receiving 38 percent of the vote. His nice boy good looks combined with the viewer being sympathetic about the fake marriage task and his not non-requited crush on Jade gave him a lot of fans.
This might have been why Jade garnered 22 per cent of the vote as it was a bit unfair she was up for eviction and of course Tim was never going to get voted off.
There have been a few improvements on the eviction show night. Firstly that the stools have gone and big comfortable chairs have replaced them so no panty flashing anymore. Also there appeared to be more housemate interview time with Sonia asking the questions that everyone is wanting to know. It was interesting to hear Sharon say that Ben was holding back and that she now wanted Tim to win.
Mike Goldman was hilarious when he was interviewing the loved ones of the nominated contestants. Also it gave the viewer a good look at the housemate’s loved ones. Was the girl there for Tim his sister?
Other bits from the episode included:
- The sister’s having a nervous breakdown over not getting access to their hair straighteners. What is it with Gen Y’s and their attachment to hair appliances? Tahan was trying to fake cry with Rohan so thought about her hair dryer;
- Jade was flirting with Ed, and was a bit miffed that she was put in with all the other girls as being beautiful, so she ramped it up and started massaging him;
- Ed is dull he is only good for shower scenes and we are not getting any of those. In fact he is making Caleb and Matt look like they have charisma;
- Matt is only getting air time when he is bitching about the other housemates and Caleb is like a nice puppy dog who is looking like he won’t be able to hook up with Lucy as her sister has to always be three metres next to her. Maybe a Jack Thompson scenario could occur;
- Rohan is the house’s new whipping boy. He told Xavier no one in the main clique is talking to him, but he does not help by not pulling his weight in the kitchen;
- Heidi admitted tonight she had a big meltdown to Big Brother about being nominated but we did not see it on screen;
- Tim gets line of the night when he told Drew and Jade who were spooning “Take it to the lounge room if you want to make a baby”.
Did you think the right person was eliminated?