Masterchef Australia – Team Challenge In Dubai

After a five minute advertorial for Qantas, which I actually did not have a problem with, the contestants landed in Dubai. After being taken to the top of the Burj to stand on its helipad they were told they would be cooking for some Emirates and they would be cooking in pairs.

They were split into teams of two and for once Samira was not a liability. It was a random draw on the main protein depending on what coloured apron they picked.

Kelty and Samira drew lamb, Rishi and Kristina fish, Daniel and Emma had chicken and Lynton and Lucy drew camel. Lynton and Lucy getting camel saw them already at the back of the pack. Also they only had two hours to cook it and apparently it is a tough meat and needs to be cooked for some time.

They also did not have a good time in the souk where they were buying ingredients they did not seem to bother haggling. Therefore they spent 200 of their 600 dirhams on spices.

Rishi on the other hand managed to get all of his fish for 25 dirhams.

Kelty and Samira were shopping for lamb, with the butchers yelling at them that it was Australian lamb but it more like mutton. Maybe that is what they mean by export quality. After  guest judge, Greg Malouf, saw their backstrap for their kebbe neyah he told them to throw it out. Samira was taking charge and  Kelty was basically her sous chef.

However she was stressed and melting down and Samira had a mini-meltdown and walked off. However I think the editing was done to make it look like it was right at the end and that she only came back to plate up with one minute to go.

Lynton and Lucy were never in the running particularly when he admitted ” My first mistake is not the pre-heat the oven.”

The opposite was happening on Emma and Daniel’s team with him having trouble working how to use the burns so was fiddling with the knobs and turning a gas burner back on under her pilaf. Emma was not happy and was saying they could not serve it if it was burnt. They cooked the crowns of their chicken only and had stuffed it under the skin. They were the only ones who plated up dessert on their platter. Even though it as only watermelon covered in orange water, with crushed halva, mint and pomegranate seeds it was well received. George Mehigan thought it was a true reception of the Middle East.

Gary Mehigan must have gotten lost in the souk or he was sick as he was not a judge on the challenge.

Rishi and Christina made fish which was perfectly cooked however the Emirates thought it was weird they served it with hommous. Also Greg Malouf thought the spices were too potent.

Fish and hoummous is not served together. Greg malouf thought the spices they used was too potent.

The Emma and Daniel’s chicken platter, George thought it was a true reflection of the middle east.

Samira and Kelty served up a very hot eggplant chutney which nearly killed George and their chances of winning.

The blue team won which indicates both  Emma and Daniel are peaking at the right time.  They won a fabulous trip with Matt Preston to Paris flying first class with Emireates. However I did find it strange they could not find something else to do in Dubai, maybe it was about showing Dubai as a gateway to Europe.

1 Ism { 08.12.13 at 7:09 am }

That ‘We have never disagreed so much about who is going home’ comment in the teaser for tomorrow, has filled me with dread… I have a bad feeling that Rishi is in trouble… I will bet Lynton is safe…
On the other hand, it looked like they were all suffering from dehydration… Almost all the ladies except Lucy seems to have lost it at some point… Loved how Kelty kept egging Samira on, and him asking for a fist-bump was really sweet…

2 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 7:38 am }

According to M Preston on Living Room, they were cooking at 3 am in the dessert.

My guess for tonight is that since they can’t agree on who is being eliminated means there is no elimination!!

The show has let itself down. Having Emma and Daniel going to Paris which will be shown on Thurs Masterclass, it means both of them will not be eliminated in the next elimination challenge if they are in the challenge. Or else it will be weird to be eliminated and then be shown going to Paris.

3 Andrea { 08.12.13 at 8:15 am }

Littlepetal, did he say why they had to cook at 3am, was it because of the heat?
If so why couldn’t they have cooked inside somewhere in the air conditioning where other chefs over there probably do.
I know it probably looks good in the desert, but it would have been uncomfortable with sand getting in the food.
No wonder the watermelon was a big hit, it would have been lovely and cooling.
Lucky Lucy and Daniel going to Paris first class!

4 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 8:31 am }

Andrea-Yes it was because of the heat but they want the dessert as the backdrop. A bit of MKR in Western Australia?

I wish it was Daniel and Lucy going to Paris but it was Emma. She always seem fluster all the time.

5 Andrea { 08.12.13 at 8:59 am }

Thanks Littlepetal, you are a wealth of knowledge about MC, yes I meant Emma, I always get her and Lucy mixed up, I wish it were Lucy too.

6 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.12.13 at 9:17 am }

I liked the episode tonight, I thought the food looked delicious. Here in Versailles are some awesome Middle Eastern restaurants, I really enjoy the food there.

Damn, why didn’t anyone tell me that Emma and her bangs come to Paris? I could have pushed her into the Seine (I would have also loved to do that with Joanne from Season 2).

7 Jason { 08.12.13 at 9:18 am }

I was hoping that Daniel would have the day off in Dubai and we would see him going to the water parks!

8 Evan { 08.12.13 at 9:20 am }

Kelty deserved a medal, for putting up with Samira and basically doing just about all of the work for the red team.
Her drama queen act is wearing very thin.
At least Emma finally cooked something actually good, but I do not see her as winning material.
However, Emma still has that immunity pin, so she could very well get into the final 2 or 3 with that in her back pocket to use if necessary.
It is still Rishi’s to lose, BUT the two dark horses are Daniel and Kelty, in my opinion.

9 kingfisher { 08.12.13 at 9:21 am }

i have been with this show from the start (series 1) it’s the only reality show i watch , what has happened to my once favourite show . I don’t care who wins this series as they are just home cooks nothing specials compared to te first 3 series of contestants. all i do now is fast forward all the dull bits and basically watch the end to see who was the dud and who won . remember when we had individual invention tests ah they were the days, now it’s just team challenges to see who cracks under pressure and who is a team player that’s it ! so why do i keep on watching ? it’s like a car crash you don’t want to look but you do . Reality Raver could you please on my behalf speak to someone on that show on why this once great show is now in the toilet , thank you .

10 Joseph Skyrim { 08.12.13 at 9:28 am }

After seeing Kelty’s sweat-splosion after tasting their “hot” dish, I was eagerly awaiting what would happen to George. ;p Go Emma and Dan! Lynton looks like he’s going to melt down tomorrow… again… a chef’s life isn’t for him I think. Ominous vibes for Rishi though.

Also, I think Gary was sick…

11 Socs { 08.12.13 at 9:38 am }

HAHAHAHAHA Zhee, we’d all chip in for your bail had you been arrested doing that!

12 Daze { 08.12.13 at 10:10 am }

Filming must have been end of June, read old article in daily telegraph on Gary getting food poisoning then. I wish Gary would get with it – it’s pronounced Doobuy Gary! not, Jew-buy.

Trip Advisor has a listing of over 5,000 restaurants in Dubai. I’m glad the challenge was in the desert which showcased the authentic way of life Bedouin style with the tents and cushions and mats. Way before the glitz and bling made it the magical jewel of a city it is today. With the temperatures soaring to peak 48 degrees in summer, it’s a lot cooler with the desert winds on the dunes. They got ripped off with the $60 spent on spices, the traders saw them coming! Rishi however, got a good bargain for the fish.

I’m probably the only person that likes Samira – she says it how it is.
Lynton looks like he’s have an implosion in the challenge, tonight I think.

13 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.12.13 at 10:16 am }

Thanks Socs, but I think I wouldn’t have needed it. The French would understand that I pushed her into the Seine due to her crimes against good looking hairstyles and being a bad cook (“She didn’t use sauuuuuce!”).

I actually liked Amina’s evil twin sister in the beginning but as the show progressed, Samira was getting on my nerves plus she did’nt cook outside of her comfort zone and even sucked cooking her food. I don’t care if she was that poor little black sheep of her family. Many people are but still they show at least a bit of humility. I really felt sorry for poor ol’ Kelty but the fist bump at the end was really cute. ;)

14 Jas { 08.12.13 at 10:23 am }

Lol Jason @7…totally agree, don’t they ever think of the viewers :-).
3am cooking time is pretty rough, but if they were jetlagged it might not have mattered

15 Andrea, the other one { 08.12.13 at 10:46 am }

Daniels’s only contribution: turn on oven burners, cut wings and legs off seven chickens, give Emma regular cheer-ups. And now he gets to fly first class to Paris. He’s more Hayden than Andy contestant-wise.
He needs to go.

16 Evan { 08.12.13 at 11:17 am }

If Rishi gets eliminated tonight or very soon, the final 2 will be Christina and Emma

17 brain dead dave { 08.12.13 at 11:23 am }

Exotic location and all, this was one of the very worst episodes of Ma$terchef ever telecast. You failed to shake the dunes , $hine.

Can you buy deodorant in Dubai? Lynton, Kelty? Lynton’s kneading the camel meat with his hands after they’ve been copiously wiping sweat off his brow. Ditto Kelty sweating into his alleged dishes. Dirty Dan’s been a lost cause for weeks but he’s moved on to blaming ovens for his travails.

Jet lag is no excuse for these amatas. It’s more talent lag causing the culinary catastrophes , be it Dubai or Dubbo.This lot , barring Rishi and Christina , will fail anytime, anywhere.

18 Rosie { 08.12.13 at 11:26 am }

I was a little surprised not to hear Samira speaking Arabic. She was boasting so much about how well she knew Dubai, I expected her to know the best places to go and to be the best at bargaining. Whichever language she spoke. Yet she and Kelty were the pair who seemed to be ripped off the most. Gave me a good laugh though.

Way to go, Rishi!

Maybe a passing hairdresser in Paris will snip off Emma’s fringe? A girl can dream.

On the whole last night’s show wasn’t too bad. For this year’s lot.

19 Georgie { 08.12.13 at 12:04 pm }

When I saw Daniel and Emma were teamed up I thought, “ah the two weakest cooks together – one of them will be going home then”. Who’d have thought they’d win?

20 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 12:11 pm }

Now Daniel and Emma have another week guaranteed on MC. They won’t be eliminated before they showed them in Paris

21 brain dead dave { 08.12.13 at 12:23 pm }

This Jowl$ian jaunt to Paris is a joke.

I’d be happier eating out of a Parisian dumpster than risking trying Dirty Dan’s efforts.

22 Anna { 08.12.13 at 12:52 pm }

$hine must be rolling in $$$ this season. Flying 3 of them to Paris first class would have cost them $40K. June is peak season, everything costs quadruple then it does in the off season

23 abc { 08.12.13 at 12:53 pm }

why are they going to paris at the first place. last year the whole troop went ti italy and came together. they even kept deb (who got eliminated in italy) for the masterclass. i hope rishi and critina stay and also lucy. So over samira…and that man whom i never get. I dont want daniel to become the next ANDY of S4 or Rycs(that was his name right) of Professional. And dont want rishi/cristina to end up like marion/ben/sarah of S2/S4/Professional respectively. The potential winners ending up losing coz they are way too good for those idiots (Andy/Rycs) Adam deserved to win atleast.

24 abc { 08.12.13 at 1:02 pm }

i feel that ben of S4 has lost a lot of weight.
http://instagram.com/p/NjD-zijlMT/ (a photo of his and kylie when the show ended)
http://instagram.com/p/Zo4DIljlCQ/ (a fairly recent one)

25 Rosie { 08.12.13 at 1:08 pm }

He looks dreadful, abc. I hope he is not sick.
Maybe he’s been following the Pete Evans diet…

26 Jules { 08.12.13 at 1:57 pm }

Lol, he’s only eating activated almonds and fortified quinoa.

27 Bel { 08.12.13 at 1:59 pm }

I have a bad feeling Rishi might be out tonight…. the way last night ended with him talking up how good he’s feeling going into elimination. I’ll be well pissed off if he does, he’s far and away the most promising cook there. Christina’s good but she brain-fades and panics. The others are hit-and-miss. Bleurgh, no idea why I’m still hoping for some fairness and consistency in this show!

28 abc { 08.12.13 at 2:25 pm }

i so hope u r wrong bel……he is the one to win not to go out like this….
@rosie…he’s super skinny now….should probably eat more…..if he can….for i have a feeling that he cooks as much as u ask him to but not much of a foodie…..

29 Reality Raver { 08.12.13 at 2:26 pm }

Anna – it would be the show’s sponsors giving them gratis airfares to showcase their product.

30 Anna { 08.12.13 at 2:30 pm }

Emma, very nice of Emirates :-)

They should have flown them back home & not Paris… LOL The price is OTT for cooking mediocre dishes.

BTW are you going to MC popup restaurant?

31 Bolders { 08.12.13 at 2:34 pm }

what is this….?
…..
……
Am I supposed to fill in the dots with words or decipher some hidden meaning?

32 brain dead dave { 08.12.13 at 2:44 pm }

Surely Emirates won’t come out in front after the fuel and food bill for transporting Jowl$y is realised.

33 Carole { 08.12.13 at 3:23 pm }

When Gary said he was going off somewhere else, I thought, I bet he wished he didn’t go when he got sick.

I laughed so hard when George took some of that spice and nearly choked. Same with Kelty when he tried it. I thought straight away, George is in trouble.

Yeah, the ones who got the camel got the raw end of the deal. Apart from being a difficult meat to cook, it’s also something they would be unfamiliar with. The others all had meats they have cooked often.

I would be hopeless at haggling too.

34 Reality Raver { 08.12.13 at 3:35 pm }

No not going to pop up I was considering taking Miss 8 to high tea there.

35 Anna { 08.12.13 at 3:39 pm }

RR, didn’t know they were doing High Tea. Was talked into going and eating Monty prepared food at the bar, right now kind of undecided.

Would rather eat food created and prepared by Monty and not Contestants

36 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 3:43 pm }

I understand the High Tea was very popular and sold out quickly.

This year the MC Pop up restaurants must be not as popular as last year. They were sold out quickly last year.

37 Anna { 08.12.13 at 3:47 pm }

It costs AED 25990.00 to transport one Jowlsy from Doobuy to Paris (poor Parisians ) lol

Which equates to around 7.5-8K

38 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 3:53 pm }

Most First class travellers are travelling on Company’s account. Qantas is a major sponsor so no problem to show off their First Class cabins on MC.

I am sure MPreston will not be travelling First Class if he has to pay for his own ticket.

39 Anna { 08.12.13 at 3:54 pm }

Littlepetal, Jowlsy is a HUGE man, may be first class seats are the only ones he finds comfortable

40 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 3:58 pm }

Business class is not that bad. But who cares. Qantas is happy to let them travel First class.

41 Eliza { 08.12.13 at 4:12 pm }

Exactly what I thought and said, Georgie #19.. But no, somehow they manage to ‘win’.

If Rishi, Lynton or Christina go I won’t be happy at all. Rishi was cracking me up last night with how perky he was in his to camera pieces!

42 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 4:23 pm }

Yes,Lynton was more perky yesterday. He was very down at the Masterclass.

My bet is no one will be eliminated tonight. Not sure why they want to keep certain contestant.

43 Anna { 08.12.13 at 4:24 pm }

Littlepetal, how would you know how it is to fly business class if you are the size of Matt?

44 Bel { 08.12.13 at 4:52 pm }

I wonder what the difference is b/w business and 1st class, i.e. in what you get for the $? Business is pretty swish as it is, how much ‘better’ does it get?

Did anyone catch why Samira’s “lamb” smelt so bad when she and Greg Malouf opened the bag? At first I thought it’d gone off in the heat, but apparently it turned out to be mutton. Does mutton always stink?

And, has anyone eaten camel/what’s it like?

45 Anna { 08.12.13 at 4:58 pm }
46 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 5:25 pm }

If MPreston can’t get comfortable in Business Class than he must be really obese.

The different in seat sizes in the different classes

47 Anna { 08.12.13 at 5:28 pm }

Littlepetal, why sleep sitting up when you can get a bed? Why get a snack when you can get a meal?

I looked at going to Melb. Biz class get hot food. Economy get a muffin

48 Evan { 08.12.13 at 5:28 pm }

I think nobody will get eliminated tonight.
Have a look at the episode previews for next week and you will see what I mean.

49 Bel { 08.12.13 at 5:34 pm }

Anna@45, taa for that, interesting!

I’ve never flown o/s for work, just been the wench who organizes it for others… even then, most people I’ve known shun even business class (let alone 1st) since the price difference b/w econ & business could pay for half the company Xmas party. Or half the bar tab at least. OK maybe a quarter. But still- lot of money! (Now I’m self-employed and could barely afford a ticket to Albury-Wodonga)

Promos for tonight hint at a Lynton meltdown… meaning he’ll have a little ‘moment’ before George talks him around. Channel 10 suck at these promos (apparently producers like $hine don’t control how the station promotes the show).

Fingers crossed for Rishi. If he’s out I may lose interest. Then again, I said the same thing when Chris Badenoch was chucked in S1 for leaving foil on his bones in the Jacques Reymond challenge, yet here I am.

50 Anna { 08.12.13 at 5:39 pm }

Bel, welcome!!

I flew to USA, but economy and the food made me sick. Was sick for the first few days while there

I’ve booked flights for bosses but always business. Seriously Why pay $500-600 when you can pay half that. Since the trip only lasts 90 min. Kind of like being stuck in traffic …lol

Lynton is safe for another few weeks. He is judges favorite. Rishi is getting to be too big for his boots. at least on camera. Wonder how he acts with other contestants…..

Wish Emma or Samira were going home this week. Don’t want to see wither of them in semi finals

51 Eliza { 08.12.13 at 6:02 pm }

I think Rishi is known for being a bit bossy, Anna! One of the other contestants made a remark about it in a previous episode. To be honest, if I were him in that group I would prob get a bit bossy too if I knew my knowledge of food was better and I was a better cook. No one seems to dislike him though so he must be ok about it.

You guys might just be right about no one going home. I think it would be a bit silly sending someone off from Dubai. They seem to like promoting the Lynton breakdowns.. This means he may just have more air time ;) Christina has probably had more breakdowns and crises of confidence!

52 bron { 08.12.13 at 6:04 pm }

eaux at that picture of ben. i will scream if rishi goes tonight because that would be an absolute joke. i feel like it’s lucy though, lynton goes “what” and turns to look at his left and i think lucy is there.

53 Carole { 08.12.13 at 6:30 pm }

I’ve tried camel Bel, in outback Australia. Wasn’t that keen on it. I rode a camel too, hated it, couldn’t wait to get off it, it’s really scary.

54 Bel { 08.12.13 at 8:14 pm }

Thanks Anna@50 :)

Eliza @51, yeah I see what you mean about Rishi being bossy… I dunno, I still like him for some reason.

Carole@53… glad someone has actually eaten it. If it’s anything like goat (and I’ve no reason to think it is) then it’s only good for curry, when it’s drowned in many, many spices.

LOL tonight at George poking Lynton saying “Oi, look at moy”. Kath and Kim want their catchphrase back.

55 abc { 08.12.13 at 8:17 pm }

@bolders (…..) these are suppose to mean nothing. I just do it out of habit. Sorry if it annoys you.
Has anyone else noticed that Former Contestant in not commenting any more. :)

56 emp { 08.12.13 at 8:20 pm }

FC probably got lost in Joobai

57 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 8:28 pm }

Anna@47 Business class on A380 have skybeds.

58 emp { 08.12.13 at 8:31 pm }

it’s funny how we all laughed at kelty in the beginning and now he will probably win :(

59 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 8:35 pm }

Kelty did well tonight but still don’t like him to win.

They all cooked well tonight

60 Georgietake2 { 08.12.13 at 8:41 pm }

Anybody else notice Samira suffers from bitchy resting face? Everyone looked happy/shocked at the end, she just looked grumpy. I agree with Littlepetal, don’t want Kelty to win. Tonight’s result was OK.

61 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 8:47 pm }

Out of this lot, I wouldn’t want Kelty, Emma, Samira and Daniel to win.

But I am always wrong!

62 Veronica { 08.12.13 at 8:54 pm }

Yes Georgietake2 @60 I noticed that Samira didn’t look very happy. Everyone else got a mention except her and she seemed to be the only one not happy about no one being eliminated.
I still can’t stand Kelty!

63 Anna { 08.12.13 at 8:57 pm }

How the hell did the quail cook didn’t make it elimo?

Would have been poetic justice :-)

64 Bel { 08.12.13 at 9:07 pm }

Loathing tonight’s result, so much! *spoilers ahead for o/s viewers*

Kudos to the people who predicted no-one would be eliminated tonight- nice instincts! But really- this is now MasterSook. It’s gone from best home cook to best sob story. Lynton’s family lost the farm, Christina has kids- boo friggin’ hoo. You could almost see the other contestants working up their personal tragedies in their heads for their turn.

It’s as if the producers looked at the ratings of MKR and thought ‘we can do this too’. No, producers! MKR was a different show- you didn’t need to copy that drama-filled format. We liked MC for the COOKING.

I’d bet George and Gary (or whomever does the hiring at their restaurants) don’t ask the interviewees how badly they want the job in order to choose from the greatest personal hardship.

Sorry for the moan, but this is really unfair. And has nothing to do with cooking.

65 Anna { 08.12.13 at 9:13 pm }

Bel, the most annoying, loudest contestant that’s left, made the dish too sweet (surprise, surprise), wasn’t criticed & stood there just sulking

Time to send her HOME!!!

66 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 9:26 pm }

Lucy has no chance. She has no sob story unless it is waiting to be told. Those with kid always said they want to do the children proud. What if you can’t cook?

Kelty want to be a chef. Isn’t he the house husband? Chefs have long hours. He was doing very well in his previous job. It is not easy to give that up when you still have young kids.

67 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 9:30 pm }

Tomorrow challenge is Chinese or Mexican food. Samira could be in trouble here as she is in the same team as Emma, Lucy and Daniel. Daniel and Emma won’t be eliminated. That will leave Samira or Lucy.

Or this team will be safe and the other 4 go into elimination.

68 Bel { 08.12.13 at 9:37 pm }

Anna@65- yes to everything you said!

Little Petal@61- agreed, I wouldn’t like a top 2 of any combination of Kelty, Samira, Emma or Daniel. On cooking it should be Rishi and Christina, with Rishi winning.

Lynton’s beef dish tonight looked and sounded delicious, even without the croquette.

Kelty is (grudgingly) growing on me. That unfailing optimism (however delusional) gets harder to resist. Still want him booted out though.

How many weeks of this are left? I’m too into it now to stop but please let it be over soon?

69 daisy { 08.12.13 at 9:38 pm }

Bel, thanks for the spoiler warning. It’s just starting here soon.

Still say what bugs me about Samira is her bullish sense of entitilement. It’s like it just seethes up out of her. I think if the winner is going to be the best, most consistent cook, I am thinking it has probably been Rishi and Christina. It’s just so hard to tel based on cooking because there isn’t a stand out.
If the winner is based on marketability, you can’t hae Lynton because he is an Andy clone and Christina looks a bit like Marion. Kelty looks blaaah. Rishi is a bit ‘whatever’ (although I might be the only one who doesn’t think he’s cute). Maybe Lucy, Emma or Samira will win because they hae a differentt look. Please not dirty Danoel.
I think Emma will win because she looks like a warm, chubby blond cook.

70 Georgietake2 { 08.12.13 at 10:02 pm }

Time for them to stop cooking in teams, stop using other people’s recipes and start competing on there own skill. But you can’t drag the weak cooks through that way, so it’s not going to happen. Yes a sense of entitlement sums it up, she got a second chance, and still stands there begrudging others their escape. Christina, Lucy, Rishi and I don’t mind Emma, but not for the win. Lynton looks ill

71 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 10:03 pm }

But Emma can’t cook. Samira will be so arrogant that people will be scared of her. If you don’t like her cookbook, she may kill you!
Lucy is quite sweet but Pommie accent-can we cope?

72 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 10:11 pm }

Bel-My guess is only 2 more weeks after this week. If 2 elimination next week, we will be down to 5 for the final week. Then 1 eliminated each night and finale on Sun. Unless C9 want to drag it out.

73 Andrea { 08.12.13 at 10:28 pm }

I thought it was awful too dragging out the sob stories at the end, completely spoilt it because we felt sorry for them both.
The food looked really good and tomorrow night looks interesting.

74 Anna { 08.12.13 at 10:33 pm }

There is no masterclarse this week either

Since no one went home this week (planned by producers) 2 will go home next week

Over the next two weeks 1 will go home

Guessing finale will be on the 8th September

75 lulu { 08.12.13 at 10:37 pm }

Is Christina a protected species or what? Pleasant enough, but just fluffs around and keeps getting away with it.
Great prediction, Littlepetal, as always.
I can’t stand this year with the incessant team challenges, mass cooking etc. We know this show’s a joke, but give us what we want: individual cooking.
Love Lucy .. no whining, no sob story, a real trooper who can cook.

76 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 10:48 pm }

My guess the Finale will be on the 1 Sept. Usually 12 weeks series. If Finale on the 1 Sept, it will be a 13 weeks series.

77 brain dead dave { 08.12.13 at 10:51 pm }

Oh, Lynton’s a pig. After the sweating last night , tonight he tastes from the pot with the entire spoon in his mouth and then shakes the droplets remaining back into the pot.

The sob stories were just as embarrassing as the contrived outcome.

Nice work , Littlepetal.

78 Littlepetal { 08.12.13 at 10:57 pm }

BDD-you don’t need to do much, C10 just have spoilers all the time.

They could have sent one of them packing tonight but will mess out tomorrow challenge if they only have 7 contestants left.

79 daisy { 08.12.13 at 11:39 pm }

Lulu, love Lucy too.

80 Georgietake2 { 08.12.13 at 11:44 pm }

I love Lucy.

81 Eliza { 08.13.13 at 12:17 am }

I like Lucy as well.. no crap, agree she just gets on with it. Unfortunately I don’t think she will be the winner though, and Daisy, I don’t find Rishi attractive either.

So over the sob stories as well.. they are just becoming WAY too much of a focus. It’s a stupid and unfair advantage.. I mean, who seriously wants to have a sob story so they will advance further in a reality TV show?! That’s what it is becoming like! You don’t deserve to be here until you overcome adversity in some way, or someone close to you dies. It’s not cool.

abc, I get your use of …. it’s like a thinking pause to a related point. I am a bit of an over users of it as well.. :P I too was just thinking that Former Contestant had gone quiet.

BDD, I too noticed Lynton shake the remnants of his licked spoon into the pot. They obviously don’t learn the importance of hygiene when cooking for other people. As a bit of a germophobe this grosses me out, but I do notice many people that I know don’t have great hygiene when it comes to touching/preparing food so I am glad that there are others out there that don’t love licked/dirty fingers in their food, as many don’t seem to mind… yuk!

82 abc { 08.13.13 at 12:56 am }

@eliza if people have problem with me using(…..) then i will probably stop. will be tough though. FC has gone may be he/she being a former contestant was just a lie.

83 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.13.13 at 7:41 am }

Regarding the sob stories, Emma might not win in the end. I think she has none. But then again… maybe someone pushed here from her bike, stole it and then left her with those awful bangs…

Wah, it looked so funny when tiny George was standing next to Christina. He looks like a hobbit just with no hair.

I like Lucy as well, she’s composed especially when you compare her with Samira who thinks she deserves to be in the “competition” and bla bla bla.
I don’t mind Kelty progressing further. He’s willing to learn, is not as stubborn as Amina’s evil twin sister.

I have a feeling that Christina might win. She’s quite marketable and she could be used as some big inspiration bei the producers. Ohhh, look what that woman has overcome and now she’s a Masterchef. Might work for a month or two after the show is finished and people talk about the new MKR season again.

84 Dave { 01.07.14 at 6:26 pm }

When they filmed in Paris does anyone know the name or where that amazing patisserie is? It looked amazing and they labelled it the best in Paris. Going there next week and would love to go there.

85 Reality Raver { 01.08.14 at 12:53 am }

Hi Dave, I am not sure. Have you thought about contacting Matt Preston or Emma Dean via their twitter or FB accounts to ask them?