The X Factor – Are You Happy With The Top 24?

Bootcamp is over and as usual some shined and some tanked. Also the producers did the same as last year and created singing groups and to be fair they were fairly successful with The Collective last year.

These are the people off to boot camp:

Jiordan Tolli

Mixed Group

Boy Band

Girl Band

Adira Belle

Straight Up

JTR

Does anyone have any predictions on who will get through to the live shows?

1 joan { 08.14.13 at 9:49 am }

Obviously boy wonder Jai, and Barry who I find crap they seem to love him, Matt Gresham better get in.

2 brain dead dave { 08.14.13 at 10:06 am }

Jai Wetfart will get through…because Ronan said he’s a superstar.

3 q { 08.14.13 at 10:51 am }

last night was 1st episode I watched
interesting lineup
Thought jai didn’t sound great singing that taylor swift song, or maybe I just don’t like that song

judges are surprisingly pretty good , redfoo not as bad as I thought he’d be, Danni critical in a good way

@rr funny how you say ‘fairly’ to describe collective’s success- chart performance not so great for them atm

4 wild { 08.14.13 at 1:33 pm }

he had to go his heart just wasn’t in the boy band.. what a great line

5 Zac { 08.14.13 at 2:37 pm }

There are some great people in this years top 24. These are a few who I hope get through to the Live Shows. Georgie, Ofisa, Jai – There are some good groups too. Just hope they can all handle the home visits and do their best.

Even if they don’t make the top 12 it doesn’t really matter to me. To get into the top 24 out of like 10,000 people is an awesome job in itself.

6 Mia { 08.14.13 at 2:59 pm }

My Top 12 would be:

GIRLS
Jiordan Tolli, Vendulka and Riv Ngwenya. (I’ll be cranky if Georgina and Joelle get in)

BOYS
Taylor Henderson Tee, and Georgie Bannard. (Georgie doesn’t have a hope of winning though. And, sadly, it’s a no brainer Jai will be in there)

OVER 24’s
Barry Southgate, Matt Gresham, Michael Ross

GROUPS:
JTR, Adira Belle & Straight Up. (The producers will inevitably put at least one of their hastily manufactured groups in there though)

7 daisy { 08.14.13 at 3:29 pm }

I don’t know their names but there sure are some good voices amongst this lot.

8 Blake { 08.14.13 at 4:23 pm }

“They were fairly successful last year with The Collective”
Really? Their most recent single failed to crack the Top 40.

Obviously Jai is going through, I have no idea who could get through from the other categories. The Girls category is pretty stacked thus year, as long as Reece Mastin’s sister doesn’t make it through they should be a pretty strong group.

9 Zac { 08.14.13 at 10:21 pm }

It is sad to say, but I think with all the hype that is being made with Reece Mastin’s sister I expect them to actually put her through. Even though it really wouldn’t be a good idea.

10 Eliza { 08.15.13 at 12:07 am }

I have only caught bits and pieces of this as I hate the audition stages of these shows. The contestants that sung on Sunrise this morning all sounded good.. Even Sam Perrett’s bro sounded better than I last heard. The guy that was on the voice, Mitchell, he has a good voice but something about it I don’t love.

So Vendulka and Matt Gresham came back this year?? I wonder how many times Barry Southgate will audition for a RTV show??!! He was on Idol years back, pretty sure he tried out on the voice too.. And I’m certain I’ve seen him in an ad on TV. He sure does have determination. He could be thus year’s Nathaniel.

11 daisy { 08.15.13 at 12:13 am }

I think there are a lot of people that do the rounds of the various contests. There was that Johnny (not Ruffo) guy from WA who turned up on a couple of shows.

12 Eliza { 08.15.13 at 12:26 am }

Over such a long period of time though re Barry is a good effort!

13 K { 08.18.13 at 12:36 pm }

Barry southgate is very determined and have so much experience. He deserves to win!

14 Anonymous { 08.19.13 at 9:06 pm }

Dmai im

15 Anita { 08.19.13 at 9:21 pm }

People I want through:
Boys: Taylor Henderson, Jai, Georgie
Girls: defs Joelle!! Vendulka, Georgiana
Overs: Dami, Michael (Cat needs to leave)
Groups: Mixed group
And Element were WAY better than some of the X factor groups… They only went home because the judges created the groups so they had to send them through. X Factor created groups: Mixed group > Girl band > Boy band