Applicants Wanted For Masterchef 2014

Masterchef Australia will be back on our screens next year and if you think you have good cooking skills go to the official website to apply.

Should be an influx as there will be a lot of fans of the show thinking they can do a lot better then some of the other contestants from this year.

1 brain dead dave { 08.18.13 at 10:12 pm }

* inability to cook an advantage
* must be able to cry on cue
*must have nauseating back story

Stick a fork in this show’s arse and turn it over .It’s done.

2 daisy { 08.18.13 at 10:20 pm }

I can’t believe that they are doing this again after the flop that this year has been. I just couldn’t get into it.

3 Littlepetal { 08.18.13 at 10:32 pm }

Applications also open for new judges.

4 bron { 08.18.13 at 10:39 pm }

i don’t have a sob story so i guess i won’t be entering :((((

5 daisy { 08.18.13 at 10:47 pm }

I can’t even be bothered making jokes about it. That’s when you know it’s bad.

6 Maz { 08.18.13 at 10:50 pm }

Ooh…this is the perfect opportunity to concoct the ideal (perfectly fake) candidate from the last five years of data. From the recipes that need to be mastered, to the strategy that can be deployed to eliminate the stronger cooks right down to the sob story…(bare minimum you need to have a photo of a child in a uniform and cry…hiccup…doing it so…sob…Bently can be proud of me…

7 Georgie { 08.18.13 at 10:51 pm }

Obviously this lot are still not convinced that MCA is as dead as Monty Python’s Norwegian Blue parrot.

“E’s not pinin’! ‘E’s passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! ‘E’s expired and gone to meet ‘is maker!”

8 abc { 08.18.13 at 11:15 pm }

wont we have all stars season 2?

9 Sirachilles { 08.19.13 at 4:02 am }

Please…please…please…by all the powers of the universe let MCA devolve back to it’s past non-craptastic form.

10 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.19.13 at 6:46 am }

To put it with Darth Vader’s words: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well maybe it’ll get better next year. If not I have something to laugh about. Maybe they could do challenges to remember former contestants. Noelene’s offal challenge for example…

11 Andrea { 08.19.13 at 8:16 am }

@1, I have all three of those requirements, should be a shoo in!

12 Joseph Skyrim { 08.19.13 at 8:38 am }

I sure hope they look for cooking talent over backstory this time.

13 simone { 08.19.13 at 9:04 am }

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

14 Rosie { 08.19.13 at 9:05 am }

There’s a tiny part of me that is desperately hoping they’ll listen to the viewers and return to a COOKING show.

But all the rest of me assumes it will be even crappier than this year…

15 kingfisher { 08.19.13 at 9:45 am }

ive never peeled a banana before ? i’m a shoo in

16 Daze { 08.19.13 at 10:08 am }

Can you
boil water?
ever cooked anything, ever?
if not, don’t worry – you can still apply to be a contestant on MCA 2014

17 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.19.13 at 10:16 am }

I can burn cooking water in a pot! I have about 10 sob stories (made them up and heard them from others but I am really good at telling lies like in school “My goldfish ate my homework”). I think it qualifies me… but then again, I am not Australian. Do you think I could get imported like Neha? 😀

18 Anna { 08.19.13 at 12:13 pm }

Another season? Really? This one hasn’t been humiliating enough?

Then again stooges get paid fortune to talk crap, so why not go into another season?

19 Culinary Boner { 08.19.13 at 12:46 pm }

Seriously??? They must be taking the piss….

as per Georgie’s astute observation…

Hey Raver, I suggest a site poll on this very topic..

Q. Do you think Masterchef is?:
– No more
– Expired
– Pining for the fjords
– Ceased to be
– Shuffled off this mortal coil
– Joined the invisible choir
or
– Resting?

20 Anna { 08.19.13 at 12:48 pm }

CB, what ever you do, don’t look at NW cover. They planted Michelle Bridges scrawny, saggy arse on there. Not a pretty look

21 Bel { 08.19.13 at 2:05 pm }

I actually reckon they could revive it without too much trouble…. as in, look at what worked in S1, look at what’s worked for decades on MasterChef UK and play to those. MKR gave $hine the wobbles and they’ve been flogging a dead horse ever since. If they try to make it more fun, wacky and drama-filled, then no.

I’d still be tempted to apply if not for 1) no tragic or interesting back-story and 2) the contract you’d have to sign must be a doozy. I bet $hine are still profiting from Julie Goodwin’s GladWrap ads and take fees from everything former contestants do for years later.

22 mahlia { 08.19.13 at 2:50 pm }

I must tell my friend. She REALLY likes to cook and her husband is a quadriplegic. She’s got winner written all over her.

23 Rosie { 08.19.13 at 3:02 pm }

I’ve been thinking…

I can boil water without crying.
I can (and do) make my own mayonnaise
Ditto, pastry and pasta
I can fillet a fish, although just barely

Yer right, I’m way overqualified and woukd never get in.

24 brain dead dave { 08.19.13 at 3:11 pm }

You gotta work on your sweating ,utensil licking and “‘dream”, Rosie if you want to be Australia’s next Ma$terchump.
Repeat after me with feeling:

“I really deserve to be here”

“I’ll be gutted if I go home tonight”

” My dead (insert relative) inspired this recipe”

25 Anna { 08.19.13 at 3:14 pm }

Dave, you forgot double dipping!!!

Rosie, you can tell them that you HAVE to win it for all the bloggers on RR 😉

26 Rosie { 08.19.13 at 3:23 pm }

Oh shit, gice, I gotta try harder.

I’m doing it for my dead husband! (Not actually dead yet, but he might die of shame if I appeared on MC…)
I’m doing it for my children! (Don’t actually have any, but…hang on…)
I’m doing it to replace that space in my heart that should have been filled with my children’s love! (Too much? I could squeeze out the tears if I were to think about this season)
I’m doing it because my life is empty, empty, I tells ya!

I couldn’t do it, because I am a normal intelligent human being?

27 Anna { 08.19.13 at 3:36 pm }

Rosie, ton off tears for the kids (they like people crying)

The schmaltzier your sob story, the better

On the weeks you’ll be safe, try burning water (you miss hubby but he rully rully wants you to be there)

28 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.19.13 at 6:42 pm }

If you don’t have any kids, maybe you could create a sob story out of it? “I really really lurve kids.. Like really *sob* They are the greatest thing in my life. *sob* If I had one one day I would name it after my daddy *sob*. I really really lurved my daddy. *sob* He inspired me so much *sob*. But I can’t have kids. *sob* “. You sobbed a lot even though you said basically nothing.

29 brain dead dave { 08.19.13 at 6:50 pm }

We’ve had an IVF sob story on MKR this year. It worked a treat.

30 Anna { 08.19.13 at 6:55 pm }

Dave, they must be saving it for S6 of MC

31 Pauline H { 08.19.13 at 8:17 pm }

Dear Emma,

I’ve always wanted to on Masterchef to live my food dream. I’m 59 and I’ve had alot of challenges in my life. I’m from a minority group – gingers. All my life I’ve been marginalised and called bluey. I’ve come from a life of disadvantage.

I had a small business for 10 years, but lost it in the global fish and chip crisis of 1996. I applied for a job with the Liberal party, but I was fired before my first day on the job. Fortunately I was able to turn my life around through use of casual racism and xenophobia. I only got to serve the Town of Oxley for 3 years.

I have four children that I know of, but only 3 of them have been able to get middle class welfare, the other one being of the lower class. I’ve even been sent to jail for fraud.

My food dream is to open a cafe and serve only the finest meat wrapped in pastry, bacon and egg muffins, hot dogs with 3 day old weiners and a limp garden salad. I know the perfect BP on the Bruce Highway that has a mothballed roadside cafe.

Let me know when you want me to come and audition

Pauline H

32 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.20.13 at 7:34 am }

If anyone is in need of a sob story, poke me. I’m working in Customer Support and I have heard basically every single sob story on earth. I even received pictures of kittens with sad stories so I will help my customers. 😛