Dream Week On Masterchef Australia This Week

Masterchef dream week

Hopefully on Dream Week on Masterchef good cooking won’t be a figment of our imaginations…

There are some interesting challenges including a Darren Purchase extravaganza. But also Dream Week will allow the contestant’s to talk about their Masterchef/cooking dream aka what they want to do after the show.

Here is the full details of what will be on:

This week, the top seven contestants begin to realise their food dreams as they meet MasterChef Australia season one contestant, Chris Badenoch, whose food dreams became a reality.

Sunday, August 18, 7.30pm

It’s dreams week on MasterChef Australia as the remaining seven contestants start realising their food dreams are a real possibility. Today’s service challenge is taking place at the historic Craig’s Royal Hotel, Ballarat, where they will be cooking dinner for some very special surprise guests: their family. The contestants must prepare a dish to demonstrate how far they have come in this competition. The contestant with the best dish will be safe from tomorrow’s elimination challenge.

Monday, August 18, 7.30pm

Dreams week continues as six contestants face elimination in tonight’s challenge. The contestants discuss their food dreams with the judges before being told that today they have to cook one plate of food that demonstrates their food dream. Yesterday was about how far they have come, today is about where they can go. The one criteria – it has to be delicious. They have an open pantry and two hours before the judges will taste and decide who will be going home.

Tuesday, August 20, 7.30pm

As the top six contestants walk into Josie Bones in Melbourne they’re met by the judges, and owner and former MasterChef Australia season one contestant, Chris Badenoch. Chris is now living his dream running his own nose to tail restaurant and bar. The contestants are split into two teams of three and will be serving lunch to Josie Bones customers. Chris will be their mentor in the kitchen and will run the pass, and the judges will be eating with the guests in the restaurant. Each team will be making three dishes each – two popular meat dishes from Chris’ menu, the third a vegetable dish of their own creation which must compliment the two meat dishes. The judges will be tasting the dishes and taking into consideration Chris’ feedback about their performance in the kitchen. The least impressive team will go into an elimination challenge tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 21, 7.30pm

The three contestants from last night’s losing team will face elimination tonight in a pressure test. The judges introduce Darren Purchase from Burch & Purchase and Kylie Millar, a MasterChef Australia alumni who now works with Darren at his sweet studio in South Yarra, Melbourne. The contestants have three-and-a-half hours to replicate Darren’s raspberry rhubarb ginger chocolate dessert. The contestant with the least impressive dish will be going home.

Thursday, August 22, 7.30pm

Tonight’s Masterclass sees our top five contestants gather with the judges at The Royal George Hotel in Kyneton to cook and share some great regional country produce. Joining them is guest chef Annie Smithers, a name synonymous with fine food and country cooking in the area. George takes a couple of lucky contestants to the nearby town of Trentham, to visit John Reid at Red Beard Bakery.

John, a self-professed sourdough warrior, will take these two contestants through a personal Masterclass on the secrets of his famous sourdough bread. This week’s Masterclass concludes as the judges, guest chefs and contestants gather around a rustic table at The Royal George to share a good old – fashioned country afternoon tea.

1 Eliza { 08.19.13 at 1:38 am }

This is the deepest place I “hang out”..!

LOL.. just saw your 90 degrees comment..

2 Smythe { 08.19.13 at 4:51 am }

Dream week:
Samira is dreaming based on her comments that she has shown a lot of growth and gone from zero to ten. Lucy is also dreaming that she is dessert queen. Guess she forgot about her Mess of a dessert, the so-called “Washington Mess”. AND I must have been dreaming when they announced the dish of the day.

3 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.19.13 at 8:00 am }

Is it just me or is Emma getting fatter every week? She looks a lot chubbier than at the beginning.

I hated tonight’s episode. Too much crying and tat other emotional stuff. But yeah, they might think it helps to gain more viewers. The elimination tomorrow will be annoying as well.
Regarding Rishi’s wife, I think she’s cute. She fits Rishi better than Samira’s husband Samira. 😉

4 Littlepetal { 08.19.13 at 8:20 am }

Samira was hot in her younger days.

Contestants do put on weight while on MC. Emma has put on weight but Lucy look like she has lost weight.

5 Andrea { 08.19.13 at 8:32 am }

Smythe@52, I thought the same thing, when did Lucy ever prove she was the dessert queen?
And Samira, really, she is dreaming for sure if she thinks she’s come out of her comfort zone and tried different styles of cooking, no way.
I also switched over halfway through AGT and wished I hadn’t now, the dancing poodle, Asian opera singer, and guy in wheelchair were much more interesting, although they did have sad back stories ( except the poodle )
I’m over this family reunion thing at the end in MC , just make the next series about cooking only, please!
Same goes for reno shows also.
And talent shows.

6 Sarah { 08.19.13 at 8:45 am }

I’ve decided to root for Kelty. He, or at least the version of him we see on this benighted show, really has changed the most: i.e., from producing inedible, misguided crap to coming up with food that the judges claim is good. Plus his mindless optimism and enthusiasm impress me. When he said he was excited about going to Ballarat just because Emma was, he won me over. He’s like an enthusiastic puppy, one of those big, klutzy breeds that are convinced they can fit on laps despite the obvious impossibility.

I just watched the seventh season of Celebrity Masterchef UK (don’t ask me why–it’s an addiction, I tell you), and there’s no way on god’s green earth that the Masterchef AU contestants could do what those people did.

7 dowecare { 08.19.13 at 9:00 am }

yeh…..go rosie go rosie love your comments… go rosie go rosie x:)

8 simone { 08.19.13 at 9:13 am }

Lol Sarah @56 – exactly, about Kelty. I’m totally on his team now. I used to want to smack him with a slab of liver, but like you, his mindless optimism has just won me over. Call me a cynic, but I haven’t got much of that sheer stupid cheeriness and commitment to happy in my life, and I envy him a little. He’s always depicted as being friendly, kind, and focused and I like that.

It was rather an amazing coincidence that everyone’s food was amazing today. Would have been awkward to have to tear someone a new one sitting with their family, wouldn’t it?

9 Lynn Chen { 08.19.13 at 10:46 am }

I though Rishi’s wife was his mother before they introduced her.

10 Charlotte G. { 08.19.13 at 10:53 am }

My teenage son and I just stated watched MC Au this year and we love it. We live in California. It is so much better than the US version. I can see where it does get a bit long. I think they could cut it to 35-40 episodes vs 65-70, but I have learned a ton and tried new things in the kitchen, and we have seriously enjoyed the show and the contestants. Maybe if I had watched 5 seasons of it, I may feel a bit burned out too. But I downloaded the last 10 of last season, and I must say I liked this years much better.

11 Daze { 08.19.13 at 11:04 am }

Welcome Charlotte G. At least you can view some of Australia when they go into the country. Has there been any highlights for you both with this season? Who is your favourite judge and contestant/s. Series 1 and 2 were the all time best with some really serious cooks – most of us concur this season is a bit ‘how’s your father’ and not to the high standards it kicked off with initially.

12 anna { 08.19.13 at 12:52 pm }

abc, Chris, because he is living the dream most of the amatas can only dream about.

Didn’t like Chris in S1, but the man can cook. His restaurant is good, Chefs eat there. They wouldn’t if it wasn’t

Charlotte, welcome!! This is the worst year. You have to go back to S1-S4 to see people have ideas and create dishes.

This season is all about drama, if they could blow it out to be 200 episodes they would

13 anna { 08.19.13 at 1:34 pm }
14 Smythe { 08.19.13 at 3:43 pm }

Charlotte, I am not a big fan of MC USA. That being said, the current contestants on USA could probably out cook those on MC AU this year. The judges on US do tell it like it is, for the most part. Sometimes a bit too harsh and I don’t like that they are tasting/showcasing only the top 3 dishes instead of showing everyone’s completed dishes. However, MC AU this year is a big let down, IMHO: most contestants not creative or knowledgeable, most of the challenges inane and the judging more questionable than ever.

15 Anna { 08.19.13 at 4:11 pm }

Smythe, kitchens are tough environments. Judges have to call them as they see them. Nothing wrong with that!

I they don’t delusional contestants will think they are good, when they suck. Look at this years mob