Masterchef Australia – The Dream Has Ended For…

I am yet to see the episode last night as I was watching one of my little darlings in a concert that went on for quite sometime.

Here is what I can gather from your comments from the previous blog post:

• The cooking standard which was fairly high on Sunday night has dropped again with Christina winning with a Ceasar Salad;
  • Lucy churned out cupcakes that were not that good;
  • Samira cooked lamb again;
  • Kelty who has managed to stick in the competition much longer then anticipated was finally eliminated and maybe perhaps he should not have been.

Did I miss anything?

1 Maz { 08.20.13 at 9:05 pm }

I hope Samira gets eliminated tomorrow (but probably not as she seems to be a protected species). She is so annoying. What was she doing for most of the prep time? Rishi and Lucy seem to be doing more.

Also think they were quite insulting to Julia. Josie Bones is her restaurant too. Pathetic. Shame on MCA. (They can’t still be smarting over the fact she beat Pete Evans in the immunity challenge in S1, can they?)

2 Littlepetal { 08.20.13 at 9:22 pm }

Also quite silly to pick such a small kitchen where only 4 contestants can cook in it. At this stage they are still cooking with recipes. Arr….

3 daisy { 08.20.13 at 9:28 pm }

Oh no Joseph@8 I could make you some patty cakes you would love. They are my version of a muffin and I always put loads of bluberries or mango in them. Then I usually ice them with cream cheese icing. They are not dry at all. We’ll eat them hot.

4 abc { 08.20.13 at 9:52 pm }

pls send samira home. why is she there?

5 Anna { 08.20.13 at 9:53 pm }

Like everyone hope Samira goes but think it will be Lucy, as Samira and Rishi are in the ‘special club’

Was disgusting to see stooges completely ignore Julia. Have they forgotten that it’s her restaurant?

With Jowlsy it’s hard to tell if he likes something or he is revolted by something, same facial expressions…. unless he hates it but praises it for the $$$ sake

6 lulu { 08.20.13 at 9:56 pm }

They are sooo getting rid of Lucy tomorrow.

Christina, dish of the day again? This woman can do no wrong. If it weren’t for Lynton (who seemed to be doing the work of 3), she would’ve killed everyone with the hot chillies. So over the huge red lips and nasally monotone.
Samira has joined Christina as the producers’ pets this year, so these two with Dishi Rishi in the top 3. I feel for him.

7 Anna { 08.20.13 at 9:56 pm }

Just finished watching GABO, 2 shows and so very different

1. Contestants can cook
2. No bitching
3. No crocodile tears
4. No pleading
5. Judges who don’t gorge
6. Critic is short and sweet no crap said

The other, OH well ….

8 Anna { 08.20.13 at 9:58 pm }

I don’t like Rishi, I don’t find him attractive at all….

9 Rosie { 08.20.13 at 10:02 pm }

I’m going to be pretty upset if Samira doesn’t go home tomorrow night. I’ll be somewhat mollified if Lucy goes instead, but Rishi better not do anything as bad as they are hinting at. Then again, if they are trying to pretend he is in trouble he should be fine. Phew! Had myself worried there for a sec.

I am just unhappy Emma is not up. She should have been instantly eliminated on her pathetic performance tonight. She made my lovely Lynton (hi, cutie!) look bad!

10 Littlepetal { 08.20.13 at 10:12 pm }

Look like they will get Emma to the Final 3. Her performance in the kitchen was below par.

11 lulu { 08.20.13 at 11:03 pm }

Oh and btw, agree with Georgie.

bdd, don’t let the fun-sappers get you down, though I’m sure it won’t.
Happens every year – some people just don’t get it.

12 brain dead dave { 08.20.13 at 11:20 pm }

Thanks, lulu.

I’m inspired by and grateful for all of the above messages of support.

Haven’t seen tonight’s Ma$erchef yet but Great Australian Bake Off was just a light hearted pleasure to watch, for the reasons Anna provided above.

It’s easier to look at Anna Gare’s dimples than a pair of slobbering, insatiable jowls every time.

13 daisy { 08.20.13 at 11:32 pm }

BDD LOL. You sound like a hospital patient. You have more wellwishers than Molly Meldrum when he fell off the ladder.

14 brain dead dave { 08.20.13 at 11:36 pm }

Send in the night nurse then. I’m ready for my enema. I’ve had to deal with a lot of shit today.

15 night nurse { 08.20.13 at 11:39 pm }

I’d be right over BDD but unfortunately I have an old man here who has stuck up fork up his marrow.

16 Eliza { 08.21.13 at 12:55 am }

Oh my gosh, night nurse.. I saw that in the media the other day.. Disturbing!

I have a feeling it will be Lucy going tomorrow. In saying that, if she really is this season’s dessert queen, then she would beat the others in the challenge, really.

Lynton worked well in the challenge and did appear to be making up for his team mate’s inadequacies.

Agree totally that they did not pay Julia enough respect tonight. They were making it sound as though it was all Chris’s restaurant.. I thought they were joint partners in it?

17 Liz { 08.21.13 at 1:43 am }

It’s obvious that the comments we make get back to the show. Qantas friends of mine had them on board to Dubai six weeks ago. Kelty was loathed. Lynton is gorgeous and I wonder if there is a little romance there with Lucy.

18 Liz { 08.21.13 at 1:47 am }

Anna. Love your comments. Best here tonight.

19 Smythe { 08.21.13 at 1:49 am }

Emma was lost and was no help at all. What is with the judges and salads/veg? Christine’s Casesar got raves and this time they drooled over Samira’s pumpkin. The next set of possible contestants should just chop up some veggies, grill them, and put a dressing on them for their auditions. Add to that a sob story and tears and they’re in.

I’m hoping Samira goes home but seems that they want to keep her on the show so it will probably be Lucy. Since she claims that she is the dessert queen the expectation would be that she will do the best but will probably turn out to be the opposite. Have no problem with her leaving but preference would be for Samira to exit.

20 Smythe { 08.21.13 at 1:53 am }

Anna, I also think that GABO is a much better show than MC. It has to do with cooking/baking and not a lot of drama or “Amazing Race” type challenges. The judges criticisms are straightforward and constructive.

21 Zee Chen { 08.21.13 at 7:03 am }

Lucy should of gone for boring bog standard cupcakes. I like her but she will never win this.

22 Ism { 08.21.13 at 7:32 am }

Emma and Lucy should have fought it out for the elimination, both were hopeless… Samira really has picked up her standards… It is hilarious to read some of the above comments… If she cooks lamb, she can only cook lamb… If she cooks quail, its a problem… If she gets a good pumpkin dish up, then surely the judges are over-praising her… I know she is no teddy bear, but be fair, guys… Rishi is the only saving grace now… If he goes tomorrow, I’m done with this season… On the other hand, Lucy seems to have regressed… Washington Mess, cupcakes and now this… There isn’t any dessert queen in this season, considering it was a title bestowed to contestants like Julia and Kate… Time for Lucy to go…?

23 Reality Sucks { 08.21.13 at 7:57 am }

I agree with Ism, I also read comments like “I don’t find Rishi attractive”. I don’t believe that this is any Mr. world contest either even though the very essence of the show is lost.Rishi can cook that is all that matters, still. I think Christina is quite special to judges.

24 Anna { 08.21.13 at 8:04 am }

Ism, it’s ETON MESS

Nothing is wrong with the dish if you do it it correctly. There is a time & a place for it.

25 Sarah { 08.21.13 at 8:12 am }

I know it’s just a dumb show, but Emma made me so mad during this episode that I almost couldn’t watch. That incoherent panic! I wanted to smack her.

26 Joseph Skyrim { 08.21.13 at 8:17 am }

@BDD – Don’t people always rage at you at around the top 8 mark of Masterchef? I thought it was a regular thing. Chin up dude. Your colourful comments always brighten my day. :)

27 Anna { 08.21.13 at 8:27 am }

Liz & Dave, thank you kindly :-)

When I watched US MC S1, I wanted to make a few dishes. Young Whitney was a force to be reckoned with, 21 & focused

Emma is supposed to be a former athlete, sadly she has a concentration span of a fly.

Looks like Lyndon & Lucy hooked up!

Could smack the stooges for being rude to Julia. Why wasnt Chris invited to taste the food that Amatas dished up? Who better then Chris would know what it SHOULD taste like ? His dishes!!!

PS. Dave, don’t play with scissors :-)

28 Littlepetal { 08.21.13 at 9:11 am }

Didn’t Lucy has her husband at the family dinner? I just can’t remember. I did read somewhere that there could be romance on MC.

29 Ryan { 08.21.13 at 9:34 am }

Yeah, I wasn’t suggesting Lucy deserved to be eliminated as such for the cupcakes, more that Liliana was told that cupcakes aren’t ‘Masterchef’, but Lucy wasn’t told that at all. At the very least, she should have been pulled up on it, and then they could say ‘but Kelty was just flat out awful, at least one or two of the cupcakes were nice’. I could’ve at least understood that.

30 Littlepetal { 08.21.13 at 9:57 am }

They were told to cook something that represent their dream and Lucy’s dream is baking cupcakes! Thus the judges didn’t say anything about the cupcakes being not MC standard. Kelty’s dish must be so yucky that he got eliminated.

He still insisted that it will be good and he he going to serve it in his set menu. Wonder who will go there and eat?

31 Ryan { 08.21.13 at 10:02 am }

Littlepetal- That’s what I’m saying. She SHOULD have been told they weren’t up to standard, because that’s essentially what Liliana was told, and this is the damn finals. No consistency in their standards of judging. Kelty was long overdue for elimination, though. Big time.

32 brain dead dave { 08.21.13 at 10:18 am }

I haven’t seen the ep yet but Julia should be credited as a partner in Josie Bones. I don’t imagine that the twice bankrupted Chris B would have been able to sign too many dotted lines when the business was set up. Glad that they’re doing well now.

Thanks, Joseph.

33 Shiva { 08.21.13 at 12:41 pm }

The Blue team probably took 30 mins more than Red team to finish up. Only thing that let the Red team down was Lucy’s dish.
Still, red team should have been safe for better customer service.

34 buzzy { 08.21.13 at 12:43 pm }

It was a pity that Julia was an afterthought during the episode.

Poor thing putting up with that awful shiny hat. And didn’t Chris cheat during MC1?

Lucy seems really nice but she has not impressed in the last few episodes.

However, it seems to me that the producers make the decisions on who is put through; some sort of focus group. The ideas that someone has about who will make the most money. I think people have their own opinion and prefer to support somebody who has TALENT.

A case in point is Dami from X Factor. Dami has loads of marketability; short and long term. And she is just so cute.

I still enjoy MasterChef Australia. I like that it is Australian. I like the diversity. We do live in a wonderful place.

In addition we enjoy chatting to each other. We have to thank RR for this. Then we meet fact finder legends such as Little Petal and loads of funny and good folks ( CB’Joseph Skyrim and occasional commentators). And Zhee and Phineas and so on. What fun to have our international friends. the comments that pop up from new and old people are brilliant!

Not sure why we are focused on stereotypes of the old days. Are we zombies?! Do we have to follow what we are told? it is very hard to be a minority. I think we shouls support them sometimes.

PS Hope you are OK BDD.

PS My verdict tonight: Lucy out. Lucy seems very nice but she is over her head.

Cows surrounding my house. They Moo very loudly. Gets me up early. That is for sure!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As for tonight

35 Anna { 08.21.13 at 12:45 pm }

Came across this while reading paper online the other day

An average person consumes 50 ton of food in a life time

The mind wondered to HOW much food Masterchef judge consumes …

36 brain dead dave { 08.21.13 at 12:49 pm }

Great to see the restaurant but the episode was ruined for me with loud mouthed amatas barking at each other and putting their hands over everything. Typical Ma$terchef lax hygiene,again..

Jowl$y’s not an average person,Anna. He’s a two fer one deal. I wonder how much cloth is wasted keeping Jowl$y suited up like that.

Thanks buzzy. My mentor Keith Richards will help me get through it.

Awful footage of George eating with his mouth open.

37 abc { 08.21.13 at 1:00 pm }

A couple of my indian friends wished me Happy Raksha Bandhan. I thought of wishing you guys too.

Happy Raksha Bandhan to all of you. Lets hope Samira goes.

38 Zen { 08.21.13 at 2:18 pm }

Experience has taught me that if a contestant is overconfident and says that they will be the winner, they usually end up going home! Having said that, Rishi is the only contestant the camera focused on as the camera panned off. Is that an omen?

39 Reality Sucks { 08.21.13 at 4:25 pm }

I think Rishi will go home unfortunately! I think Christina or Emma will win this years materchef.

40 Veronica { 08.21.13 at 5:24 pm }

I like Rishi and hope he stays because, unlike some less talented contestants, he never comes across to me as being over confident. I think he is a team player, very hard worker, intelligent and polite. And no, I am not his mother!

41 Dr T { 08.21.13 at 11:05 pm }

Apologies for the delay Maz@32

I agree that we don’t expect them to be at the same standard as S2 was at the end of that series – but S5 has been no where near S2 or any other series in standard at any point in time

I mean, most of us agree that Rishi is head and shoulders and port belly above the rest… but then I think it is hard to say where he’d fit in prior seasons due to the lack of invention tests and mystery boxes this season (well, there has been one mystery box in every episode – it is a mystery what Emma is still doing there)

42 Sarah { 08.22.13 at 7:42 am }

Emma is (a) very, very lucky and (b) pleasant enough that her teammates don’t seem to begrudge carrying her. Except during this latest service channel, when not only Rishi but other contestants commented on her uselessness. As did Chris, for that matter. I have the feeling that she’s gotten through life by being an affable airhead.