The X Factor Australia – The Top 12

Poor Vendulka she has missed out on getting through to the live shows again but at least she got another overseas holiday. Maybe she should apply next year just so she can get her annual vacation.

Here are the top 12:

UNDER 24 MALES – MENTORED BY RONAN KEATING UNDER 24 FEMALES – MENTORED BY REDFOO

Jai Waetford, 14, Sydney

Jacinta Gulisano, 19, Sydney

Jordan Rodrigues, 18, Melbourne

OVER 24’s – MENTORED BY DANNII MINOGUE

Barry Southgate, 30, Sydney

Dami Im, 24, Brisbane

Cat Vas, 27, Sydney

THE X FACTOR live performance shows start 6.30pm Sunday when our Top 12 sing live to keep their place in the competition.

On Mondays at 7.30pm, the results of the viewer vote will be in and one contestant will leave the show.

Any surprises in there for you?

1 SALLY { 08.21.13 at 10:12 am }

This show is so manipulated. Jai is a lovely kid, but he shouldn’t be in the show. The producers are trying to manufacture and Australian Justin Beiber.
Stay at school Jai, learn your craft well in the meantime and I wish you every future success – in 5 years. Mum, get him out of that show now.

2 Georgie { 08.21.13 at 10:44 am }

Agree 100% Sally.

3 brain dead dave { 08.21.13 at 10:52 am }

Mentored by Auto tune. If it’s being used on the new Beach Boys album, you can take it to the bank it’s being caned on this show.

Agree that Jai shouldn’t be there. It’s child abuse. Ever listened to a rooster learning to crow or a juvenile blackbird trying to hit a few licks?

Next we’ll have toddlers and ankle biters gibbering about love.

Just not ready for the real world. His mother is an insane parasite.

4 Brie { 08.21.13 at 11:18 am }

I was getting soo frustrated watching XF last night! Some of those judges made some really stupid decisions on who to put through.

I hate the fact that Ronan only put Jai through for the teeny bopper vote – that seems like such a cop out excuse to me. He needs to let his voice mature in a few years before being in these kinds of shows, in my opinion. Nat not choosing Straight Up was a huge mistake! Redfoo picking Ellie over Vendulka was so wrong! Ellie is very hit and miss with her notes while Vendulka can hit it every single time. I’m not interested in Dannii’s team at all. Cat Vas is boring and Barry is average to me.

I was really looking forward to the live shows but not so much now we know whose gone through. I think I’ll stick to watching BB instead.

5 SD { 08.21.13 at 12:22 pm }

I agree with most of the comments here, X Factor has failed big time this year… What really annoyed me was all the talk about Jai being too young, well if he’s too young why the hell do they even allow 14yo to audition? You can’t allow someone to audition then go all soft and say Oh he’s too young, he won’t cope…. maybe he won’t, but don’t even allow them to audition at that age. The minimum age should be 18, at least that way they’re adults and can make legal decisions for themselves…. Also they’re slightly more mature and able to take criticism and rejection.
Having said all that…. this year the judges made huge mistakes in their picks…. there’s only 4 of the 12 I agree with, only interested in seeing Jai (cos he’s 14 and was allowed into the competition and has an amazing voice and talent), Taylor, Dami and JTR…. the rest all all pathetic and there were others way better…..
This year certainly won’t be worth watching, too many good ones sent home. Each judge had 3 worthy of being Top 12 but almost without fail, each judge sent home the best of what they had.

6 Lily { 08.21.13 at 1:49 pm }

At this stage, I’m rooting for Dami.. Considering the comments on Ellie for the past few episodes, I’m surprised she got in and not Vendulka or Riv.
Also, how did Barry and Cat Vas get in? Actually, I’m more annoyed that Cat got in as she’s been a miss past few episodes and also a nervous wreck… even when she is performing.

7 joan { 08.21.13 at 3:26 pm }

Barry will go the first week, so boring, or one of Redfools girls.

8 Eliza { 08.22.13 at 1:04 am }

Barry is there to be this year’s Nathaniel. I think they chose Cat Vas to have someone to “glam up”.

I didn’t see much of Straight Up, only their home visit performance and I thought it was terrible. They must have performed better in the other stages though as everyone seems upset they didn’t make it? Maybe they can come back next year.

I thought that Redfoo would take Vendulka. Jiordan seems like this year’s Bella. The whole Jai thing is just over promoted and annoying.

They do seem to go with a very similar formula when casting. I tend to think of it this way as they do treat it more like they a forming a cast rather than picking the most talented singers. Can’t wait to see what they do with Dami.. that girl can sing!

9 daisy { 08.22.13 at 1:14 am }

So did Vendulka get the flick?
What about the other really pretty girl who wore the garland in her hair?
There are some good singers but I can’t be bothered wading through all the blah, blah. I am watching bits.

10 Eliza { 08.22.13 at 1:22 am }

Vendulka got the flick, yes. The pretty one I think is Jiordan.. she is kind of like Bella in style?

I am feeling a bit meh about this series, too.. But seriously, one of those JTR boys is tre cute. You know I need my shallow factor.

11 Jason { 08.22.13 at 11:38 am }

Ronan chose the exact opposite for who I thought would get through! How can Jai – or the boy would didn’t make it through on a previous year’s AGT – be better than Georgie or T (the islander boy)?

12 brain dead dave { 08.22.13 at 11:44 am }

Georgie was robbed, I agree Jason.

He was no oil painting but had a good voice. Just cos’ he was from Adelaide……Instead we gots to suffer Jiveass Jai.

13 Andrea { 08.22.13 at 11:53 am }

I liked George too, he was a bit different and seemed a happy guy, I would have liked to have seen what more he could do rathere than Jai who is too young for this show in my opinion.
Will the judges treat him with kid gloves because of his age?

14 SALLY { 08.22.13 at 2:26 pm }

Remember Shiann from last year? Too young, too immature. When will they learn?

15 Blake { 08.23.13 at 2:46 pm }

I find it hilarious that so many people on Facebook and on forums are whining about Vendulka not going through, yet they can’t spell her name properly.
Granted its an unusual name, but if you’re gonna throw a hissy fit then you should make more of an effort to learn how to spell her name!

16 Eliza { 08.24.13 at 1:40 am }

I watched the movie The Sapphires tonight (I quite enjoyed it, too) and Barry Southgate was in it. Just a very minor role.. dancing on a table.

We all knew they would put Jai through just to makes us all go “WHHHYYY???!!!”. I also wasn’t a fan of Omar. He was creepy singing to poor Kelly like that.

17 brain dead dave { 08.25.13 at 5:08 pm }

It’s disturbing that Jai is being allowed to mindlessly butcher love ballads like Elvis’s Always On My Mind. I’d like to get the little brat and tattoo “Return To Sender ” on his forehead.

Any Coldplay fans out there ~ Jai’s coming.

18 JACINTA { 08.26.13 at 9:57 am }

I saw an advertisement on TV for an Australian X Factor competition for 8 to 14 year olds. Could you please send me some information about that and how to audition for it? Thanks