Big Brother – The Third Nominations

Well it appears they should just turn the super power into immunity as each week the person who has it does not get nominated as all the other housemates are in fear they will be found out that they nominate them. At least Tully realised this was the reason she got zero points.

Her super power was the lurker, where she got to see the nomination tally board and then during noms got to allocate six points to different people.

Before the nominations started there was the post eviction scenes and it was revealed that Tully had heard people chanting her name. She told Big Brother she was going to play the game now with her head and not her heart.

Mikkayla was also talking to Tim about how Matt had appeared really popular on the outside and she did not really get it as he was patronising, and Tim said he was not so nice.

Poor Rohan missed his own birthday party,  however the other housemates were happy. There was a bit of tension between Tim and Jas when he said they should not eat everything at once and she snapped it’s not all about you. Tim asked for an apology but did not get it.

It is interesting that this year the viewer is seeing the contestants talking strategy as well as going very close to talking about nominations. Ed and Caleb basically told each other they were nominating Tim and they did.

Tim knowing Tully had the super power said he did not want to hate you, basically hoping he would not be collateral damage from it.

The Heidi/Tim lovefest appears to be over with her saying Tim was inconsiderate of other peoples feelings. I want to like Heidi but I am not real sure about her.

Jade appears to be not that bright as she had to use her fingers to count. She was then started talking to Drew about nominations. Then she gave him a close hug. She was thinking her alliance with the boys would keep her safe and at one stage said she thought Matt would be the first person that would stop her from winning.

It was interesting to see that the girls could not work out that it might be better for them to stick together but they all turned on each other in the nomination room.

Here’s how the nomination’s rolled:

• Caleb nominated Tim for three points because he belittles people in front of them. He gave two points to Jade as he thought she was holding back a bit.
  • Drew nominated Tahan for three points because she is too aggressive when she has a conflict and he gave the example of the hair extension dispute. He gave two points to Matt because he is a great bloke and said it wasa strategic vote. He mentioned he did not find him too personable.
  • Tahan nominated Jade for one point as she is playing the game and flirting with all the girls. No surprise she gave four points to the sugar sisters.
  • Heidi nominated three points to Tahan as she can be rude and offensive. She nominated two points for Ben as she thought he had nothing to offer conversation wise as he never asks her any questions.
  • Tully gave one point to Jade because she decided when she is or isn’t her friend and Mikkayla one point.
  • Jade thought Matt was her biggest competition, and gave him two points and three points for Jasmine as they are just not meshing. She finds her argumentative and she butts in when people are telling their story.
  • Ed nominated Mikkayla for three points because her assertiveness comes across as bossy. And two points to Tim because he comes across as rude if it not about him.
  • Jas gave three points to Jade and two points to Mikkayla as they keep on jumping into other peoples disagreements.
  • Katie and Lucy have an advantage as they have an emotional prop in the house. They gave four points to Tahan because she said hurtful things and tries to make them feel segregated from the group. They gave one point to Jas they think she is two faced. Not sure she is trustworty.
  • Tully gave Katie and Lucy two points to try and save Matt and Jas but it did not work at that point.
  • Ben gave three points to Ed as on the day on the eviction he asked for a cup of black coffee and he had told Ben there was none left. But there was. He gave her two points to Mikkayla as she dodged eviction and only fair she is up for nomination again.
  • Matt gave three points to Mikkayla as she put him up for eviction last week. Also said she was controllive (Matt speak who continues to mangle his words). Matt also gave two points to Jade because she got involved in the argument between Tahan and Katie and Lucy.
  • Tim gave three points for Jas because she leaves lipstick everywhere. She said that she is neutral so she does not play sides but does. Says she is passive aggressive. He gave Ed two points because he never has an opinion.
  • Mikkayla nominated Jasmine for three points as she is self-indulgent and manipulative. She nominated Matt for two points he uses other people to put the emphasis on making negative comments about other people.
  • Jade decided she could not save Matthew as it would mean Tim or Ed would have have gone up. Interesting that Tully is not really into the sisterhood and flicked another two points to Mikkayla.

The six up for eviction were:

• Mikkayla on 13 points;
  • Jasmine on 10 points;
  • Tahan on 10 points;
  • Jade on 9 points who dropped an f-bomb on hearing she was up;
  • Katie and Lucy on six points; and
  • Matt on six points.

Tully was sobbing even though she was not up for nominations. But said  Matt was happy he was with all the girls. He won’t be for long as the wall comes down this week.

But what is interesting is one of the girls gets a strike. I think it will be Tully not able to stop herself from gibbering about her superpower and what she saw.

1 brain dead dave { 08.21.13 at 10:18 pm }

There’s been plenty come out in the last few years about the culture of abuse towards women tolerated in the ADF.

Meathead Matt is showing just how prevalent it is and he’s too stupid to even realise it. He thinks it’s cool and is even jocular with BB about it. That’s how it works.

It’s a bit much to expect many of the tweenies saving him to understand it all, however.They will eventually, hopefully.

2 daisy { 08.21.13 at 10:52 pm }

Did anyone else think that Matt was really rude when Tully and Ed were talking about marriage and he put the bucket on his head and then strated banging it really loudly. If he didn’t want to hear it he should have gone away.

If Tim had behaved like that they would have got stuck into him.
Deliberately banging the bucket loudly to drown out their conversation so that they couldn’t even hear each other was rude IMO. And condescending. He’s not the conversation master. OR IS HE?

3 Chrissie { 08.21.13 at 10:57 pm }

BDD what an interesting point you make. Pretty sad to realise its true.

4 daisy { 08.21.13 at 10:59 pm }

Other little observation: for someone who was very forthcoming criticising the hms to BB, and who was very clear relaying Tahan’s conversation back to B1 and B2, Mikkayla was rather vague and a little retiscent when Jade asked why the hms didn’t like her. She would know very specifically why. I wonder why she didn’t tell her more clearly so that Jade could get it.

The other weird thing is how Jade couldn’t work it out for herself though.

I think Heidi is basking in hanging out with Ed. Good luck with your chances Heidi. She has given Tim the flick to hang out with the house hunk.

I can’t warm at all to Caleb. I find him gross.

I think we might start seeing some differnet sides of the hms now.

5 Chrissie { 08.21.13 at 11:16 pm }

Quick thoughts:

Am I the only one who actually doesn’t mind the underhanded noms talk? But then I am a survivor fan as well!

Tully should have had the superpower taken off her, instead of (or maybe as well as hehe) given a strike. But was what she said so much worse than everyone else?!

I really want to like Jade (she seemed so cool at the start and I hate to hate) but she really isn’t doing herself any favours. Re: massages why isn’t Mikayla put in the same slutty category? I guess J has prior form…but it could have just been in innocent/boredom.

The hands over mouth nominations is just so friggen annoying!!! Ok, so there is a mirror – cant BB block the view? I’d rather see them nom clearly than see the others in the background. They cut to diff camera angle anyway!

What do you guys think about the twist where the nominations aren’t final? Can’t decide whether I love it or hate it, haha!!

6 Daze { 08.21.13 at 11:40 pm }

Had to watch on catchup as forgot it was on! Just saw how the builders came in and drilled the night away pulling down the 1/2 way house. Not much mention was made of the noise, didn’t they wonder what the heck was going on?

Mr Clooney sat on Mikkayla’s face, yuk! and pissing on the carpet all the time. Had more footage of the house-dog from last year, it was quite playful and fun and interacted with the HM more.

7 Lizzie { 08.21.13 at 11:48 pm }

Hi Chrissie – I don’t mind the nom talk. Makes viewing more interesting. It validates who’s plotting and conniving. The twist is good if someone you dislike is put up, not so good if it’s someone I like! I hope BB doesn’t include physical strength in the next Showdown. I’d like to see it based purely on intelligence for once to give the meatheads zero chance of winning.

8 daisy { 08.21.13 at 11:55 pm }

Daze, I thought exactly the same. Mikkayla just laughing when the dog put his poopy bum right on her face. I used to find the dog in the bed and crapping and weeing on the carpet disgusting last year, and tonight was worse.

I finally had a favourite Ben moment, when Ben said he didn’t like Mr Clooney. I’m not a fan of dogs in a bed, or pooing wherever they like.

Chrissie, no you aren’t the only one.
Where is the punishment room?
And BB said he was punishing for repeated infringements this year. I prefer it when they got strikes for even hinting at who they were nominating.

Chrissie, Mikkayla’s girl on boy behaviour is not angering viewers, as Jade’s is because she isn’t stringing anyone along.

Sorry B1 and B2 lovers. They still leave me cold. They aren’t horrible. But they just leave me cold.

Funny how Tahan’s talking about B1 and B2 got people riled, yet plenty of other hms are gossiping and criticising others behind their backs. The difference seemed to be that they didn’t have Mikkayla to run and repeat it all.

When I saw M cuddling up to Tahan I thought, fake friend.

9 Chrissie { 08.22.13 at 12:08 am }

What about Tully cuddling up to Drew?! Nearly threw up on the school subjects “chemistry” line too!

10 daisy { 08.22.13 at 12:38 am }

Never mind about you Chrissie. Imagine Tulley’s GF.
She’ll be really spewing.

11 Eliza { 08.22.13 at 12:55 am }

Hmmmmm… I still count with my fingers.

LOL @ Daisy #49 and 50… You also took the words right out of my mouth.. who would everyone talk about if Jade left?!

Haven’t seen much of Matt but he doesn’t sound like a top bloke. Let’s hope that all the teenage girls in Australia run out of phone credit this week, their parents haven’t given them their pocket money because they are grounded for voting for “like, the hottest guy evaaaa” on BB and so can’t vote this week. Ka-peesh.

I would tell BB that I am terrified of fluffy kittens, chocolate, rainbows and sunshine so he would make me sit outside in the sunshine, just after a sun shower with a delicious block of chocolate and a bunch of cute kittens to play with. Ughh.. torture.

No dogs in the bed.. yuk. My bed would have stunk if I let my dog sleep with me.

Maybe Tully likes Drew because he is more hmm feminine than some of the other guys. He’s not trying to be a massive beefcake and has longish hair (which I often shudder at on guys, but I will give him an exception). From the way her gf looked the other night, not sure she will be happy.

Guys, I only watch this when I can, but always read RR’s posts and everyone’s comments as they are always so entertaining.

12 daisy { 08.22.13 at 1:05 am }

Yes, Eliza. Jade needs to stay for awhile. She makes a good case study: How to scare a man. It was funny watching Ed tonight, working out if he should have a man to man with Drew.
Yes, take note anyone auditioning for BB. When listing your worst fears, remember the story of Brer Rabbit.
I really hate chocolate, Thai food and dread sleeping on really comfy beds.

13 Eliza { 08.22.13 at 1:26 am }

Comfy beds are the pits. PLEASE, no comfy beds… Speaking of bed…

14 Sandii { 08.22.13 at 6:48 am }

Yes BB I have a great fear of roast lamb with homemade gravy, roast root vegetables, and worst of all sticky date pudding. Brrr sends me cold. Om nom nom!

15 Andrea { 08.22.13 at 8:53 am }

Yes, chocolate would do it for me, and I’d tell BB I hate reading a good book as well while sitting outside having a nice cappuchino.
If I had to go in the diary room and eat lots of chocolate that would be real torture, it would be like Ed with the bananas.

16 Evan { 08.22.13 at 9:28 am }

Is Tully really bisexual?
What is she up to with Drew? She is bi, or she is snuggling up to him for strategic reasons?
Jade I dislike the most right now.
Ben is quite adorable, and Tim makes me laugh my head off.
Lucy/Katie – loving them, they are very sweet and a breath of fresh air.

17 daisy { 08.22.13 at 10:22 am }

Evan, we don’t know, re Tully, but I have my suspicions.
She wants to be cool and edgy, so being a ‘lesbian’ probably gives her the edge that she wants.
She probably doesn’t even know herself. But watch this space with Drew………. 😉

18 daisy { 08.22.13 at 10:26 am }

Reminds me of Little Britain’s gay pride icon,
“Aaahm the oonly gaae in the village”

19 Lizzie { 08.22.13 at 10:48 am }

I’m no psychologist, but from what I’ve seen of Tully, I would tend to think for her it is some sort of rebellious look at me, look at me “badge of honour”. How old is she?

20 daisy { 08.22.13 at 11:08 am }

Hi Lizzie, there’s a new thread now. See you there.

PS Do you check the recent comments list on the right of your page? Sorry if you already do. Cheers.

21 Lizzie { 08.22.13 at 11:15 am }

Yep there was no new thread when I first logged on . Thanks :)

22 daisy { 08.22.13 at 11:17 am }

I hope I wasn’t being a pain. Just looking out for you.

If we told him something he already knew my grandfather used to say, “Don’t teach your Granndmother how to suck eggs”.
So you can say that :)

23 Lizzie { 08.22.13 at 11:29 am }

No that’s fine ! Just doing this on my phone and have to scroll up ill the time to check for threads. Cheers:)