Masterchef Australia – Dream Week Bring’s Back Chris Badenoch

Chris Badenoch appears to have forgotten what it was like to be on Masterchef as a contestant as he was happy to bag out the contestant’s prepping ability on the latest episode.

It was a Dream Week service challenge and I presume cooking at Season One contestant Chris Badenoch’s restaurant Josie Bones it was to show that Masterchef Australia can make your dreams come true. And props to him he and his wife Julia are few contestants that have opened an eating establishment.

Well Rishi did not get his dream team as he was teamed with Lucy and Samira and their main dish was Pig Trotters. They also had to make kangaroo carpaccio with bone marrow croquettes and a salad of their making. Samira took the salad but had to work at the bar and if they needed to go into the kitchen they had swap out with another cook on their team.

Rishi took the lead on the trotters, with Lucy who was team captain the kangaroo and the potato mash. Samira did the Pumpkin two ways. Lucy was slow in prep and Samira was getting upset about not being able to get into the kitchen.

The blue team was headed by Lynton and they made Hangar Steak which is apparently the diaphragm of the cow, and goat curry. Emma made the salad. Lynton took the beef, of course, and Christina the goat curry. Christina made the curry too hot but managed to add cream to it to tone it down.

The blue team were slower in the kitchen but their food was judged to be the better so they won. This means Rishi, Samira and Lucy are up for elimination. It will be cold comfort for Rishi to have been told by Chris that he was the most impressive in the kitchen. I actually think it is time for Lucy to go. I used to think she was a contender but in the last week it looks like she has run out of ideas.

1 Techhater { 08.23.13 at 5:50 pm }

OMG Can you all just drop it. As far as I know i’m the only Jew on this site and I think you are all making a mountain out of a molehill.

FFS Enough is enough. I’m more offended with people who have no idea what it’s like to be Jewish and appear to be offended on our behalf. I was at the pub last week and an Aboriginal told me the funniest Hitler joke ever. My boys and I couldn’t stop laughing. Please just let it go.

I really love reading everyone’s comments including Zhee’s and Anna’s. So let’s just take a deep breath and MOVE ON.

2 daisy { 08.23.13 at 6:02 pm }

Sorry CB. I just wanted to pinch Tim’s Swiss Cheese joke.

3 Georgie { 08.23.13 at 7:41 pm }

Techhater, while I agree this ‘offence-fest’ has run it’s course, I can’t let your comment pass, that one must know what it’s like to be Jewish, in order to be offended by the holocaust or jokes about it.

As a human being, I’m entitled to be offended by acts of genocide, violence and brutality against other human beings – on behalf of my own humanity. Same goes for inappropriate jokes about said acts.

I understand that Zhee was only relaying what was said to her, but it was highly sensitive dialogue and probably not fit for repeating on a public forum. Having said that, I don’t believe the reaction to her post was appropriate either.

Hopefully we can all learn from this and move on yet again. Cheers sister – we are all one in spirit. :-)

4 brain dead dave { 08.23.13 at 7:55 pm }

Hit Germans where it hurts and don’t shop at Aldi’s.

5 Georgie { 08.23.13 at 8:09 pm }

Lol bdd, Basil would be able to use that line.

6 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.23.13 at 10:38 pm }

Wow Anna, you really nearly left me speechless (good for you though I guess). You are reading things between the lines which clearly aren’t there. You implied I was liking that joke (thanks for therefor implying I’m a racist)… You call me out on wanting pity… I could do the same and imply you are hating Germans because you are ganging up on me… Do I, no.

Regarding my “it’s only internet” – I actually meant you calling me an idiot was which I shouldn’t take seriously as it is only internet. You don’t know me and I actually wouldn’t want you to know me anyway.

But yeah, if you want to gang up on one person you can find even the tiniest fly and turn it into an elephant.

Call it back-pedalling but it was simply a comment regarding BDD’s joke about Samira (some people complained it was too mean) and then Andrea’s joking about me going to MC next year. It was fun and maybe I should have put a big disclaimer before my next comments regarding BDD finding jokes about Germans. And all then I did was wanting to show which jokes Germans have to hear or what people think about us. I could have told the story of the Irish taxi driver joking about me being German instead (when I paid he shouted Heil Hitler, it was the first time I didn’t give a tip)… Or many other stories I stumbled across as soon as people realized I am German. Don’t know if anyone can remember but a few months ago during the awful financial situations in Greece lots of people called Angela Merkel Hitler. We are constantly reminded of what bad people we actually are…
On the other hand I had a customer who didn’t want to talk to me unless I wasn’t of real arian heritage, so thankful we can abandon such petitions (and oh dear, part of my heritage isn’t even German)…

So this was the last thing I wanted to write about it. I don’t care if Anna wants to keep on calling me an idiot. I will ignore her postings and she should simply ignore mine.

7 Techhater { 08.23.13 at 10:49 pm }

Zhee Please don’t go. Some people here really have no idea. I love your comments and would not like it to end like this.

Some people have absolutely no idea what you and I have to endure in life because of who we are.

There’s one thing I would like to say to those here, if you live in Sydney why not take the time to go and visit the Jewish museum. Talk to people who’ve lived through it, you’ll be surprised how forgiving they really are.

8 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.23.13 at 11:13 pm }

Woops, sorry, I meant it was the last thing I wanted to write about that specific topic.

Anyways, if someone wants to have a close look at french candies: Click on my name. A friend of mine is a photographer and she has her pictures on Flickr. There are also some impressions from Versailles on the account. :)

9 Techhater { 08.23.13 at 11:29 pm }

I would just like to have one final say on this topic. How many of you have named your children Zac, Jessie. Levi, Paul or David. All good Jewish names. Now tell me how many of them have come home from school with death threats made towards them and ties families, just because of their name. I’ll guarantee NONE of them. WHY??? Because you’re not Jewish. But let me tell you, this has happened to my sons on more than one occasion just because they are Jewish. Some of you have no idea, even in a town of 120 we still face racism on a daily basis and it comes from good old 100% Aussies.

So will ALL of you just let it go and let’s just enjoy RR for what it is. The freedom to express ourselves without prejudice.

10 Zhee and her stuck comments { 08.23.13 at 11:59 pm }

I never had a problem with my hebrew name (except for one time, that person knew where my name was from). It ended with “You even look like one of them!”. Well, who cares. It’s a name. If people are bothered by that already I really am sorry that your sons experience racism just because of your religion. While I have to listen to bad jokes about my nationality I can only imagine how people treat your boys. :( I really hope there aren’t any experiences which will impact their lives.

11 LW { 08.24.13 at 12:17 am }

Techhater, that is unbelievably sad, some people are so frightened of anything a bit different to their white-bread world. Growing up in small town New Zealand, I don’t remember knowing anyone Jewish at all, but I always found the culture, customs and history absolutely fascinating. My dad is a history buff, and we always had a lot of books around. When I moved to Sydney, I experienced people blatantly making rude comments about Jewish people for the first time, and it horrified me how casual and common it was, especially from apparantly intelligent people.

12 Techhater { 08.24.13 at 12:20 am }

Zhee really I have no problem with you. I think you are awesome. There are others here who want to stir up sh*t. And i’m damned if i’ll let that happen. There’s always 2 sides to every story and everyone should listen to both sides.

13 nel { 01.22.14 at 6:35 pm }

Again….Rishi & Christina….I bet they are like Audra & Mindy from Season 4 ..always counterchecking each other…..except that Rishi & Christina are friendlier with each other