Recipe To Riches – Starts Tuesday At 8.30pm

Recipe To Riches - Darren Robertson, Carolyn Creswell, David Nobay

The new cooking show Recipe To Riches starts on TEN next Tuesday at 8.30pm.

This reality show has contestants competing to get their special recipe onto the shelves of Woolworths. It will be interesting to see how original these products are.

Each week there is a different category therefore a new set of contestants each week. They must cook it then they must market it. The winner’s product is in the supermarket the next day.

The judges/mentors are Carman’s Fine Foods owner Carolyn Creswell, advertising industry star David Nobay and chef Darren Robertson.  They will present their recommendations to Lizzy Ryley, General Manager of Woolworths supermarkets. Lizzy will make the final decision about which products gets to go on the shelves.

Recipe To Riches on TEN at 8.30pm on Tuesday.

1 Joseph Skyrim { 08.22.13 at 12:02 pm }

So this is replacing Under the Dome? Hrm. I’ll give it a shot. :)

2 emp { 08.22.13 at 12:08 pm }

So we will be bombarded with both Coles and Woolies ads. Sounds good.

3 JK { 08.22.13 at 12:38 pm }

Or is this replacing wonderland, oh sorry that’s on wednesday night.

4 Rosie { 08.22.13 at 12:41 pm }

Pity the first episode is on at the same time as the GABO grand finale. I can’t record at present so will have to watch a replay, or just rely on RR’s recap.

5 Andrea, the other one { 08.22.13 at 1:43 pm }

Yes I will be watching the Great Australian Bake Off finale like Rosie. Pity no news of a second series. At least the bakers there should greater talent than so-called dessert queen Lucy from MC.

Is it true that the winner of RTR receives$100k but no further royalties?

6 Andrea, the other one { 08.22.13 at 1:44 pm }

In my previous comment it should read “showed greater talent” not “should greater talent”. Stupid autocorrect.

7 Bel { 08.22.13 at 1:48 pm }

This does sound interesting. I wonder if Carman’s muesli is still made here? The promos show her walking through her warehouse but I kinda doubt she hasn’t moved production to Asia like almost everyone else.

Her muesli would be nice except for the overload of cinnamon in all of them.

Other Andrea, wow that’d suck for the winner if their product actually sold well. Then again if it flops it’s a free 100k I s’pose.

8 Andrea { 08.22.13 at 1:55 pm }

I will give this a try as I like to give new shows a go, it sounds interesting.

9 Alicia { 08.22.13 at 2:12 pm }

Looks like Under the Dome is pushed to 9:30pm, Joseph.

I might give this a try but it is Big Brother and Top Model night. I’m interested to see what products they produce.

10 Littlepetal { 08.22.13 at 5:20 pm }

Only next Tue it start at 8.30pm. After that it will be at 7.30pm.

11 brain dead dave { 08.23.13 at 3:50 pm }

C’mon gice .

Surely you are not going to meekly accept a contestant packing a skyscraping green and gold mohawk contaminating your screens?

12 Georgie { 08.23.13 at 8:44 pm }

My perception of Woolworth’s modus operandi is, when they stock a new line (someone’s idea and product), if it sells well, it soon disappears from their shelves, only to be replaced with an equivalent product packaged in one of the various Woolies own brands.

If Woolworth’s are going to pay someone $100k for their idea AND be the risk takers, then it’s an improvement on current practice – for one person at least. I would bet my last $ though, that ALL the ideas/products that are showcased on this program will become Woolworth’s property, not just the winner. A grab bag of product ideas to run with, for one lot of prize money.

13 Helen { 08.27.13 at 9:56 pm }

Hasn’t’ been on yet here but I am so sick of the ads I will give it a miss – and the host – Carolyn speaks weird, it’s very annoying. Sometimes I think the ads put people off more than encouraging them to watch.

14 moogs { 10.01.13 at 8:20 am }

Can anyone tell me if and when R to R is replayed please :)

15 Reality Raver { 10.01.13 at 8:34 am }

Moogs – you might be able to see the episode online at the Network Ten website.