Masterchef Australia Andre Ursini Named In Top 50 Hottest Restaurants List

Congratulations to Andre from season one Masterchef Australia restaurant has been named as one of Australia’s Top 50 restaurants.

Andre’s Cucina & Polenta Bar in Adelaide has been named in The Australian’s prestigious Top 50 restaurants. He opened the restaurant  three years ago as a polenta bar, however The Australian states the restaurant has “evolved into a broader, totally convincing package.”

Andre Ursini came seventh in season one of the show, however was probably best known for his strawberry risotto which started of the trend of risotto being known as a death dish. However for Andre after he finished his stint on Masterchef he opened his eating establishment in his home town of Adelaide.

This award gives credibility to Masterchef and goes to show that there have been some serious amateur cooks go on the show and not just media wannabees.

Check out is restaurant at andrescucina.com.au

Other Masterchef special guest stars that made the list include:

Hat tip to Dr T for the mention of the article.

1 brain dead dave { 08.25.13 at 5:46 pm }

I haven’t eaten there. Probably because polenta looks like baby vomit.

We eat with our eyes, right ,George?

2 Dr T { 08.25.13 at 8:38 pm }

No acknowledgement of the source… :-)

3 Reality Raver { 08.25.13 at 8:59 pm }

Dr T – Apologies I did see your comment on it but had read it already. Don’t tell anyone but I buy The Oz on Saturday mornings… It is just you guys get the info and links up sometimes before I do. But I like to keep my readers happy.

4 Reality Raver { 08.25.13 at 9:00 pm }

BDD – Culinary Boner I think has mentioned he has eaten there and he said it was quite good.

5 brain dead dave { 08.25.13 at 11:06 pm }

No doubt it is good, RR and it’s in a nice part of town.Perhaps Stefano’s from MKR’s disasters have made me polentaphobic.

I used to buy the Weekend Australian in the 80’s but lost interest after columnist Max Harris passed on. The late Larry Foley was a celebrated wag on the Letters To Editor page,too..

6 Culinary Boner { 08.26.13 at 11:08 am }

Yep, Raver, I’ve eaten there once, a couple of year’s ago.
I’m with bdd on the polenta, which is just salty Farex (http://www.farex.com.au) for grown ups, and at its least worst is just a delivery system for quality, aged Parmesan cheese.
However, I’m a sucker for quality antipasti with artichokes and salami washed down by a good Italian red, which is what I had that night. Great to see him doing so well.

Apart from being famous for Strawberry risotto he was also infamous for the ‘couples’ happy-ending massage table scene with Sam, where they both got wood – http://www.realityravings.com/2009/06/25/masterchef-australia-justine-v-julie-in-the-pressure-test