Masterchef Australia Andre Ursini Named In Top 50 Hottest Restaurants List
Congratulations to Andre from season one Masterchef Australia restaurant has been named as one of Australia’s Top 50 restaurants.
Andre’s Cucina & Polenta Bar in Adelaide has been named in The Australian’s prestigious Top 50 restaurants. He opened the restaurant three years ago as a polenta bar, however The Australian states the restaurant has “evolved into a broader, totally convincing package.”
Andre Ursini came seventh in season one of the show, however was probably best known for his strawberry risotto which started of the trend of risotto being known as a death dish. However for Andre after he finished his stint on Masterchef he opened his eating establishment in his home town of Adelaide.
This award gives credibility to Masterchef and goes to show that there have been some serious amateur cooks go on the show and not just media wannabees.
Check out is restaurant at andrescucina.com.au
Other Masterchef special guest stars that made the list include:
- Peter Gilmore’s Quay in Sydney which came in number one on the list;
- Ben Shrewy’s – Melbourne – Attica;
- Hadleigh Troy’s – East Perth – Restaurant Amuse;
- Katrina Kanetani’s – Bangalow called Town;
- Kylie Kwong’s – Sydney – Billy Kwong;
- Andrew McConnell – Melbourne – Golden Fields/Cumulus Inc/ Cumulus Up and Moon Under Water;
- Adam D’Sylva – Melbourne – Tonka;
- Alla Wolf-Tasker – Daylesford – Lake House;
- Martin Benn – Sydney – Sepia;
- David Chang – Sydney – Momofuku Seiobo; and
- Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz – Sydney – Bodega.
Hat tip to Dr T for the mention of the article.