The X Factor – The Wrong Act Was Sent Home

Well my prediction of the bottom two on The X Factor was completely wrong. Last night it was Barry Southgate and Adira-Belle who were duking it out for survival. Omar Dean needs to thank the reality TV gods for his survival.

I felt a bit sorry for Adira-Belle as their song Girls Rule the World on Sunday night was not a good for them to showcase their skills.

Barry Southgate also landed in the bottom two and showed he was not going to get the important emotional connection with the audience.

After Adira-Belle and Barry sang off Barry was made safe and Adira-Belle were eliminated. It was the wrong decision as one of the main things viewers love on these shows is seeing the contestant’s journey. You get the feeling what we are seeing from Barry is all we are going to get. Personally I thought Adira-Belle had more growth in them and that they had more potential in the long run.

1 TickledPink { 08.27.13 at 1:27 pm }

Wrong song choice by Nat Bass. Hope she doesn’t ruin it for third degree.. I think they are fantastic!

2 Blake { 08.27.13 at 1:40 pm }

Nah, Adira-Belle’s sing off performance was dreadful. It was the right decision to send them home. Also, it pains me to agree with Ronan Keating, but they most likely would have landed back in the bottom two next week had they stayed on.

3 daisy { 08.27.13 at 1:53 pm }

Does anyone else find Natalie’s antics annoying?

I don’t mind Danni though. Ever since I saw her interview I thought she was pretty ‘no nonsense’ and decent.

4 Mia { 08.27.13 at 2:14 pm }

As we’ve seen in previous seasons, Nat Bass makes terrible song choices for her acts. Adira-Belle didn’t have a hope with the limited range of that song. Their vocals were dodgy in the sing off too. They aren’t my fave of the groups, but their Sunday night performance was still better than Ellie or Omar. It’s a shame they didn’t get a longer run.

@Daisy – Nat’s SCREEEEEAMING hasn’t gotten any less irritating since her SYTYCD AU hosting days.

Dannii has certainly been a great edition to the show. Loving her work. I’m hoping the rumours are true and Ronan leaves at the end of the season (I bet he’s positioning himself to take over Gary Barlow’s seat when he leaves the UK XF at the end of their season).

5 Blake { 08.27.13 at 4:54 pm }

It would be awsome if Ronan left at the end of this season! The UK can have him, but for that to happen the American version of XF needs to be renewed for next year. Otherwise, Simon Cowell will just return to the UK show to replace Gary. The US version has been a huge disappointment for Fox and hasn’t attracted nearly as many viewers as they were hoping for, but if they don’t have anything to replace it with that would make then just as much money during that time of the year then it may be renewed. Which would leave Simon in the US and with Gary out if the picture in the UK, we may finally be rid of Ronan!

6 Andrea { 08.27.13 at 5:24 pm }

Yes, Nat annoys me too, she carries on too much and always picks the wrong song choices.
I didn’t mind the girl group leaving, they looked better in the auditions without so much make up, they had a hard look in my opinion.

7 Fiona { 08.27.13 at 10:01 pm }

I agree with Andrea about Adira-Belle’s “makeover” they looked so different from their audition, but not in a good way. The styling did not help them at all, neither did the song choice. Their sing-off was ok but dated. Omar was lucky to survive.

8 Eliza { 08.27.13 at 11:50 pm }

I was shocked Omar and Ellie weren’t in the bottom. I was glad Barry got through.. kinda feel sorry for the guy haha! He is quite talented and has been on so many shows, you’d have to think, as Dani said, “why hasn’t it happened yet”. I am not sure he has “star quality”. I will he happy to see him stick around, though, especially over many of the others.

9 daisy { 08.28.13 at 12:01 am }

Eliza I saw a bit of a redheaded(bottle red) girl and she sounded quite bad. Was that Ellie?

10 daisy { 09.01.13 at 10:26 pm }

Oh dear. I just tuned in to XF and Ellie came on.
How old is she (young I guess) so why did they dress her like Mrs Slokum from Are Yoy Being Served?

11 daisy { 09.01.13 at 10:28 pm }

Also the stage work and choreography on this show is always so cheeeeesy, like some 80s Saturday Night Live or something.
XF lose the stupid dancers flip flopping all over the place. They are so dated and cheeeesy.

12 Andrea { 09.01.13 at 10:30 pm }

Have you seen Jai yet Daisy singing “I wanna Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles?
I just read that David Frost has died too of a heart attack while on a cruise ship.

13 daisy { 09.01.13 at 10:33 pm }

Andrea I record it because there’s tooooo much blaah blaaah blaaah and ad breaks. So I will watch the bits I want tomorrow.
So snap on Nat. She’s behaves so stupidly and she wouldn’t get away with some of her sexual comments if she was a guy.

14 daisy { 09.01.13 at 10:34 pm }

They probably get a few heart attacks on those cruise ships. The average age of the passengers would suggest it.

15 Eliza { 09.02.13 at 12:21 am }

I hated those dancers too.. argh.

Daisy, do you mean the girl that sung the Mick Jagger song? She was MUCH better this week than last week but I am still not a fan.

I really hope people don’t vote for Jai.. mean, but he does the same performance each week. Give him a couple of years before they try make him Australia’s Justin Beiber.

Nat is terrible at times, isn’t she?! Loves a good perve. Her poor husband must have to be one secure man haha.

RR will prob do a post after the MC hoo haa settles down, but I have to ask before I go crazy… Joelle… what the heck is the fuss?! I don’t hear much singing coming out of her mouth and what does come out sounds like she is a 50 year old chain smoker.. seriously! It ain’t great from my end at all. Maybe it’s just me?!

LOVE Dami and Joirdan. I want to love JTR for the cute kid but they are lacklustre and 3rd degree give good entertainment but annoy me for some reason.