The X Factor – Legends Night

It was legends night on The X Factor and it gave some good and not so good performances. Dami Im was kept for the lucky last spot as they have realised she is the one everyone wanted to see perform last night.

She delivered with a great rendition of Purple Rain. Redfoo must have been kicking himself that he suggested the over 25’s should be turned into the over 24’s. However he probably would not have picked her as she may not have fitted into pop mould that appears to be going for.

Third D3GREE were great again and I don’t even like their style of music with the two girls being the standouts. Also Jiordon Tiolli showed she was an interesting performer with a bizarre rendition of Thriller.

The ordinary was all of Ronan’s under 24 boys and hopefully one of them will be sent home tonight. Cute Jai Waetford is out of his depth with the style of the show not suiting his vocal style. Also JTR the three Swedish brothers were dreadful as well.

Cat Vas I like but is not hitting it out of the ball park but she did a good but not memorable performance. Barry Southgate did a George Michael number in a business like way. The voice is there but not sure about the star quality or as the show suggests The X Factor.

Who did you like?

1 annajjj { 09.02.13 at 1:33 pm }

Totally agree that Third D3GREE and Dami nailed it with Jiordan doing a good job with a difficult song choice. She turned it into her own rendition and it was good. I think the two girls from Third D3GREE are fantastic although the boy lets them down a bit. High energy and mesmerising to watch. Loved Dami’s performance and I couldn’t stand her in the auditions. The girl can really sing (far better than Dannii or Nat IMO). Everyone else pack up and go home – boring to watch. I can’t stand watching little Jai – he is way too young for this competition and it’s painful to watch him try and muster up unfamiliar emotions to bring life to a song. Come back in a few years. Barry Southgate is being groomed as a smooth operator but I’d have loved to see him doing Jimi Hendrix or something with more edge.

2 Anonymous { 09.02.13 at 2:12 pm }

Caught a bit of this while channel surfing last night. Don’t know if they bothered to mention it on the show, but that Thriller performance was a straight-up copy of Imogen Heap’s cover.

3 Andrea { 09.02.13 at 2:14 pm }

No one truly outstanding this year except for Dami, she really knows how to perform.
Poor Jai, what would he know about The Beatles, he simply is too immature to be on X Factor, even at 14, he still looks 12, and is out of his depth.
I don’t mind JTR, they just need the right song choices and they might do okay, no one else is all that impressive so far.

4 Eliza { 09.02.13 at 5:41 pm }

I really like Dami and Jiordan but I do agree that the talent is a tad lackluster this year.

3rd Degree have good entertainment value but their singing vocals could be better. Kelebek’s voice freaks me out how deep it is for a 17 year old. I am not into her hip hop style, but she is really talented.

I bring out my inner Nat for JTR, only really watch them bc one of them is a massive hottie. Otherwise, their vocals aren’t all that strong.

I really want to like Barry, but agree that he is lacking that extra bit of x factor he needs to make it. I have seen him on other shows, in movies and ads, but am not sure he has it to break the big time. Fantastic voice though.

I hope that Jai goes home. He just needs more time to mature. His performance last night wasn’t good and he can’t count on the mummy vote bc he is a cute kid.

I am also not a fan of Joelle. Can anyone explain to me the appeal of her voice bc I can barely hear her sing?! She sounds like she is either a chain smoker or always has a cold.

The rest just tend to float through the middle for me.. That Taylor guy seems sweet but needs to lift his game.

5 q { 09.02.13 at 6:00 pm }

@Eliza agree that I don’t get Joelle’s voice, she seems humble though

Jai not so much, he won’t be going home for a while

I’m going to guess bottom two will be Cat Vas and Joelle/Ellie, but could be anyone

6 daisy { 09.02.13 at 6:04 pm }

Eliza, to continue, yes Elli was bad the week before last. I was surprised she got that far. But this week my main problem was the way she was dressed. She’s only young but she was made to look like Mrs Slokum. Her singing was myeh.
The JTR boys are cute. It’s a no brainer that Dami can sing.
What I don’t get is how many of them did better during auditions and in the earlier phases than they are doing now. Or am I crazy?

7 Eliza { 09.02.13 at 6:20 pm }

I didn’t watch the auditions, Daisy, so can’t really tell! I wish I could offer you solace haha

I was shocked too that Ellie wasn’t in the bottom last week too.. I preferred the girl group over her. She prob won’t last too much longer I’d say bc I doubt she would get the girlie vote or the mummy vote. I didn’t like her styling either. I feel as though when a girl is ‘curvy’ as they call it, they have to make her look too old for her age and go with the ultra ‘sexy’ look. Just ends up too OTT.

q, I think Jai will be around for a while too, but one can only hope! Mean.. but he is out of his depth as RR said.

8 Trent { 09.03.13 at 12:19 pm }

The only one that i really enjoyed was Jiordans rendition of Thriller! She has raw talent