Charlotte Dawson Is Quitting Television

Australia’s Next Top Model judge Charlotte Dawson is quitting television and the media to take up a role as PR and Marketing Director at a real estate agency in Sydney.

The Daily Telegraph reports she is leaving the media.

She told them:

“I’m tired of the anxiety that comes with working in media, especially as a woman, because you’re scrutinised daily, and abused about the way you look.

“I’m ageing and I’m accepting that. The graceful thing, the dignified thing, is to walk away.”

She has taken a job at Regency Real Estate in Sydney _ with a focus on affordable housing and initiatives to combat homelessness.

1 Izobel2 { 09.03.13 at 10:16 am }

Charlotte Dawson is coming on Mornings after the next break, to discuss whether Michelle Obama’s dress sense is super chic or super crap.
Or something like that. Wow how exciting. That’s why I’m taking my daughter to swimming instead.
I never watch these morning shows!

2 Georgie { 09.03.13 at 10:22 am }

Interesting Izobel2 and sort of makes her statement rather ironic:

β€œI’m tired of the anxiety that comes with working in media, especially as a woman, because you’re scrutinised daily, and abused about the way you look.”

Tell Michelle Obama that Charlotte!

3 brain dead dave { 09.03.13 at 10:25 am }

“The graceful thing, the dignified thing, is to walk away.”

Indeed but she can’t do graceful or dignified. For Charlotte ,it’ll be crawling back under the rock she emerged from.

Have fun , Izobel 2. Nice and hot in Adelaide today.

4 daisy { 09.03.13 at 10:26 am }

It was funny when that guy on ANTM model said, referring to Charlotte, “It’s funny when old people say dude”.

I bet she was seething and couldn’t wait to get her hands around his throat. Later she threw in something like “You’re already in trouble”.

5 Littlepetal { 09.03.13 at 10:55 am }

This was mentioned months ago and now it is news again. Very few months this may come up again to remind us about Charlotte Dawson

6 Trent { 09.03.13 at 11:49 am }

I think i am the only one who loves Charlotte’s humour

7 Laura { 09.03.13 at 2:23 pm }

Charlotte is a riot and the best thing on ANTM

8 Georgie { 09.03.13 at 2:26 pm }

Trent – I’ve never witnessed it, so I don’t know?

9 Anonymous { 09.03.13 at 7:22 pm }

isn’t the graceful and dignified thing to age gracefully without botoxing it up to the max?

10 Sue N { 09.03.13 at 10:21 pm }

If she wants to walk away from all the publicity and negativity, why has she specifically named the real estate agency she will be working at? Mind you, I sometimes find her quite amusing on ANTM, especially when compared to some of the other judges! (yankee accent & all – ugh)

11 Culinary Boner { 09.04.13 at 10:04 am }

Another CD announcement that, uber ironically, is negative about how allegedly negative everything is.

That said, I thought that, aside from being smoking hot MILF but an egocentric anti-bullying hypocrite, Charlotte was a hoot on Celebrity Apprentice and a definite reality TV talent when she dropped her guard to let her ‘inner bitch’ off the leash. Australian TV has now (apparently) lost the female version of Warwick Capper. Pity.

12 PollyB { 09.04.13 at 10:29 am }

ROFL – female version of the Wizz. Gold, CB, gold. πŸ˜€

13 daisy { 09.04.13 at 10:34 am }

Yes CB, an RR gold logie for you.