Survivor Blood V Water Starts 19 September

Great news with Survivor being fast tracked by GO! to start on Thursday, September 19.

This season Survivor: Blood vs. Water will feature castaways who have appeared in former seasons but they come with family or partners. They will be playing with and against each other.

Redemption Island also returns, this is where eliminated castaways can get a second chance to enter the game.  The twist is this time it’s down to their loved ones, who will be forced to choose to “save” their partner by switching places with them and allowing the partner to re-enter the game.

The castaways include former Heroes vs. Villains player Tyson Apostol (34) who is joined by his girlfriend Rachel Foulger (33), while Kat Edorsson (23) from Survivor: One World has boyfriend Hayden Moss (26) along for the adventure.

Keeping things in the family, Aras Baskauskas (31), winner of Survivor: Panama, brings along his brother Vytas (33); Laura Morett (43) from Survivor: Samoa has daughter Ciera Eastin (24) in tow; Gervase Peterson (43), last seen in Survivor: Borneo, competes with his niece Marissa Peterson (21);  and Tina Wesson (52) with Katie Collins (25) make up the final mother-daughter pairing.

There are three married couples competing: Rupert Bonham, who won Survivor Fans vs. Favourites, with his wife Laura Boneham (44); Candice Cody (30), who has competed twice before, with her husband John (30); and Monica Culpepper (42) from Survivor: One World with husband Brad (44). They will be joined by Colton Cumbie (22) who was medically evacuated from Survivor: One World and his fiancé Caleb Bankston (26).

Survivor Blood Versus Water on GO! starting 19 September.

1 Trent { 09.04.13 at 3:13 pm }

This is awesome news! Thanks GO!!

So glad to see Tina Wesson come back! She was the underdog in the Australian version.

This must be Rupert’s 5th or 6th chance at the Million. Not a fan of him at all.

2 Rosie { 09.04.13 at 3:14 pm }

RR, I’m pretty sure Rupert hasn’t won any of them. He did win $1 million for being the fan favourite the fir time he appeared though.

And Colton! Euggh. Why oh why? Let’s hope they get rid of him smartish.

3 JStar { 09.04.13 at 4:12 pm }

Hey RR. Do you think you’ll get to interview the boots following each episode?

Trent – Rupert will be playing for the 4th time – tying Boston Rob’s record. Apparently tie-dyes must be expensive and he really needs the money. Followed close behind Rupert, both Candice and Tyson will be playing for the third time.

“Interesting” cast. 3 people who played during One World. One of the original survivors – Gervase – is finally back playing. Two former winners. Laura from Samoa? Really? I demand the producers bring back Shambo and her chickens!

4 Techhater { 09.04.13 at 4:19 pm }

Great am looking forward to it. Thanks GO.

Also looking forward to GREAT UK BAKE OFF. Which starts this month as well.

5 PollyB { 09.04.13 at 4:36 pm }

I want Shambo back too.

Great news about UK Bake Off being back, loved the first series. And, UK Masterchef is back this month. I hate waiting for the farce that is Oz MC to finish before we get the original and the best! 😉

6 Evan { 09.04.13 at 5:20 pm }

Brilliant news, but the previous series will be hard to top for me, because I was rooting for Cochran to win from episode 1, and he did win.

7 Sioux Denim { 09.04.13 at 6:04 pm }

Great news….I have been having withdrawals!!

Really interesting cast….Rupert will have no chance, again….but I do love him.

Hopefully you will get to interview the booted contestants RR, loved that last season.

Also looking forward to all your insights JStar…..your a walking encyclopedia on Survivor facts…love it!

8 Andrea { 09.04.13 at 6:58 pm }

Hi Sioux Denim, it will be good to chat with you again, you mustn’t be a Big Brother fan!
Not sure about Redemption Island, didn’t really like that before, but I’m looking forward to seeing Rupert and Colton again for the drama.

9 Sioux Denim { 09.04.13 at 9:41 pm }

Hi Andrea….nup, BB not for me…..dont worry though I have been lurking on here the whole time and seen what you all up too!

Not a fan of Redemption Island myself….this may be interesting though if they use it as a bargaining tool between family members…..

10 Anne { 09.05.13 at 12:02 am }

One happy bunny here – Survivor AND Masterchef UK . A bit concerned though about the introduction of the family members. If they stray too far from the original it could be “jumping the shark” time. (Think latest Masterchef Aus). Hope not. Would hate to see Survivor die.

11 Carol (without the e) { 09.05.13 at 11:11 am }

Colton… yep I will be happy to see him come back.

I’m cruising from 25 October so will miss the end (and all the chatting here). Hubby will have to download missed episodes for me when we get home. Then I will have a Survivor weekend to catch up.

12 Kate { 09.05.13 at 5:21 pm }

Ugh, I’m so sick of Rupert. I was never a huge fan of Redemption Island but hopefully this twist will make it interesting.

13 emp { 09.05.13 at 6:21 pm }

i thought RC was gonna be in it!!!

14 mahlia { 09.06.13 at 12:31 pm }

Also not a fan of Rupert. He’s proven over and over that he has no idea how to play the game and is a waste of space. Perhaps his wife has a better idea about choosing strategy over playing pirates.

15 emp { 09.20.13 at 5:03 pm }