The Bachelor Tim Is The Full Package

Tim Robard’s aka The Bachelor has raised some cynicism in relation to why he actually on the dating show.

With people wondering why someone who is such a catch needed to go on TV to find a wife. Chances are he is on there to try and raise his profile but some media commentators are saying he really is a nice charming guy even though they normally have seen him half naked.

Amy Cooper writes in The Age that even though he was a staple at social events and he had many fans.

She writes:

“Tim was our enduring favourite,” says Tiffany Farrington, director of the Sydney-based Social Diary network for PR and media professionals. “I hired the Topless Events boys – and still do – for all my events and Tim more than any of the models because everyone loved him. He had personality on top of the great looks; a genuine nice guy.”

She adds: “He was the poster boy for our annual Social Diary costume Christmas parties, appearing as a Ken doll, a farmer, a doctor and lots more – all with minimal clothes.

“When he told me he was covering up for good to pursue his career as a chiropractor, I was devastated. I still hope one day he might make a return guest appearance for us.”

Sarah Smith, a Sydney-based nurse, fondly recalls Tim as the highlight of her 2009 hens’ night. “He was our topless cocktail waiter, wearing just a bow tie and pants,” she says.

“He gave the best shoulder rubs, and some of the girls enjoyed doing shots off his chest. We were all struck by what a gentleman he was; he made everyone feel very special. The girls all raved about him afterwards.”

Just maybe he is Mr Perfect after all.

1 JStar { 09.11.13 at 1:31 pm }

Nice charming guys can also be media whores seeking 15 minutes of fame and hoping to end up with television presenting gigs after this show is over. Nothing wrong with that but let’s cut out the BS about wanting to find love for the right reasons. Still, the show is proving to be a terribly guilty pleasure.

2 Littlepetal { 09.11.13 at 1:56 pm }

I thought he is supposed to be a wonderful chiropractor. Maybe not if he needs to ‘moonlight’ for a double income.

3 Eliza { 09.11.13 at 2:04 pm }

Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn’t be vying for a guy who has made his living out of being half naked. Surely you can only be so much of a gentleman to let ladies take shots off your abs? If he really wanted to pursue chiropractic, wouldn’t he be doing that now rather than being on the show? Doesn’t sound like he has really be doing it as a career at all.. Any ex clients of his out there???

4 Culinary Boner { 09.11.13 at 3:34 pm }

This raised my eyebrows…”I hired the Topless Events boys – and still do – for ALL my events…”.
FFS!
Hope I don’t ever have to go to an event this PR agency organises.

5 Georgie { 09.11.13 at 3:58 pm }

The Age article linked above, has a photo with Tim Robards AND yet another rtv hopeful currently looking for a wife. Yes, it’s none other than Nathan from Please Marry My Boy in the middle!

6 Reality Raver { 09.11.13 at 4:05 pm }

Georgie – Maybe Topless Models is the place where the casting agencies call?

7 Georgie { 09.11.13 at 4:08 pm }

Agree RR, it’s starting to look like just another gig.

8 Socs { 09.11.13 at 4:42 pm }

But he’s a chiropractor, which means that he practices non-evidence based medicine, which makes him dodgy in my book. I don’t care about the whole taking-off-the-clothes thing; if he can make money off his bod then whatevs, but … !

… he’s a chiropractor!!

9 Culinary Boner { 09.12.13 at 2:26 pm }

I wonder if he’s a member of the ‘Palmer* School for Correcting Misalignment of the Atlas’?

* As a non-chiropractioner I assume this refers to the famous Mrs Palmer and her 5 female offspring, rather than Clive of Queensland. Though having Clive sit on ya misaligned atlas may actually have some discernible therapeutic effect.

10 Culinary Boner { 09.12.13 at 3:31 pm }

Sneak preview of dialogue from next week’s show…

Tim on a “date” with Raelynne a hard-faced personal trainer who hasn’t been on a date in four years (let alone even sat next a cute guy on the bus) *Tim’s been surrounded by desperate-for-attention women for weeks now and is getting more than a bit frisky himself*: “Why so tense?” *frowns, trying to remember her name, gives up*
“I can help you relax, I’ve got a black-belt in chiropractice you know. How about I digitally realign the subluxation of your pelvic vertebrae?”
Raelynne (instantly possessed by the spirit of Barbara Windsor, she of Carry On fame): “Oooo…ummm…”*blushes shyly, but eagerly*… “I’m not sure”… *leans back, closes her eyes and puckers up*…” if you reckon it’ll help.”
*Just as Tim flexes his chiropractically-charged digit and slowly moves it into deployment mode for Raelynne’s subluxamated pelvis, Madison and Cynthia walk in. Tim’s chiropractically-charged digit hangs limp, strangely suspended in the air as if conducting an invisible orchestra*.
Raelynne *opens her eyes in alarm, then gives her best fuck-off-moles stare*: “This is a private date. It’s my time with Tim. Wot’s with you guys.”
Tim *smiles lazily, happily… because after all, staring at three sets of fake tits is always better than staring at just one set*: “Who’s up for a chiro demo?”

11 Izobel2 { 09.13.13 at 10:59 am }

Nice one, as always, Boner!

12 brain dead dave { 09.13.13 at 11:55 am }

This is being encored at 7.30 tomorrow night on Eleven for those who’ve missed the chiro with the chorizo.

13 brain dead dave { 09.13.13 at 6:36 pm }

Encored at 8.30 tonight on Ten as well.

14 Littlepetal { 09.13.13 at 6:38 pm }

They are making sure that we don’t miss it.

15 Georgie { 09.13.13 at 6:47 pm }

It will be worth watching again just to see nasty Emma pack up her engorged lips and go home.

16 Eliza { 09.13.13 at 10:27 pm }
17 Littlepetal { 09.14.13 at 8:14 am }

Wonder whether Shine the production company didn’t do the homework to pick this guy as the bachelor or they think all these ‘news’ coming up is good for the show. The show us a joke.

18 brain dead dave { 09.14.13 at 9:55 am }

Every week new skeletons emerge from this rat’s cupboard. I watched about an hour of the encore and am up to date.

The show is a joke , Littlepetal. The girls are competing for a package that it appears everyone in Sydney has already opened. Then call the show Root Rat, ffs and not the disarming The Bachelor.

The show is reminding me of The Shire, though there’ll be some travel to exotic locations, it appears.

19 Littlepetal { 09.14.13 at 10:01 am }

BDD-You forgot to mention that they have opened and tried what is inside the package!

20 daisy { 09.14.13 at 10:07 am }

CB@10 What a recap. I’ll have to watch it now.

You’re right about the hard face thing. It’s all the excessive work they do to themselves, and the heavy make-up.

21 brain dead dave { 09.14.13 at 10:21 am }

I don’t see why Ch 10 can’t get on the front foot and start merchandising a latex replica of Tim’s allegedly mega impressive package and making it available at selected outlets. The Tim O Matic.

22 Littlepetal { 09.14.13 at 10:27 am }

They could package it with the winner product from Recipe to Riches. Could see some of the regular posters here getting one. RR can give us a review :-)

23 Wholesale Cheap MLB NBA NFL NHL soccer Jerseys outlet { 01.02.14 at 5:23 pm }

Wholesale 100% Good Quality nfl Jerseys

24 official Red Wings jersey { 06.11.14 at 8:55 pm }

2014 cheap Predators jerseys from china & 365 day returns on apparel. get official jerseys online at our store.