The Bachelor Australia Moved To Wednesday Nights

The Bachelor Australia after poor ratings has been bumped from it’s Sunday spot and will now move to Wednesday at 7.30pm as of this week.

This move might give the show a better chance to get a bigge viewership now it is not competing with other reality shows The X Factor and Australia’s Got Talent.

However as TV Tonight points out it will be up against Big Brother evictions from Wednesday 2 October. However BB is not getting the ratings like the two talent shows are.

The Bachelor on TEN at 7.30pm.

1 JStar { 09.16.13 at 11:31 pm }

Well the demographics for The Bachelor that Ten wants is more consistent with Wonderland. But hey, what would I know? I’m clearly not paid the big bucks to make programming decisions at Channel Ten – Australia’s third most successful free-to-air commercial network.

2 Eliza { 09.17.13 at 1:02 am }

I agree, JStar, much better fit.

3 Daze { 09.17.13 at 7:06 am }
4 Emma { 09.17.13 at 8:49 am }

I wish jolene stayed in, they all seem too similar.

5 Helen { 09.17.13 at 10:21 am }

Tried watching it, made me cringe, it’s so cheesey like similar US progrms, when did Australia become like this. Thought we were better than that and could at least come up with something different (and interesting) Thumbs down for me :(

6 Littlepetal { 09.17.13 at 10:27 am }

I can’t bring myself to watch this show. I keep visualising Tim being topless ! Also there was too much info about his package and I just don’t want to know

7 daisy { 09.17.13 at 10:32 am }

It’s a bit of a dry spell for you Littlepetal. Better get the bike out again and cycle the Pynnenees.

8 Littlepetal { 09.17.13 at 10:38 am }

You are right, Ms Daisy. I ended up watching 7.30 report on ABC

9 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 10:52 am }

Put it on at 7.30 in the morning and let Tim go head to head with Kochie and Karl.

10 Colls Bolls { 09.17.13 at 1:07 pm }

It’s not visualising Tim ‘topless’ that is my problem…. I can’t take this show seriously after seeing RR’s photo from a while back

11 daisy { 09.17.13 at 1:13 pm }

Fairy lights and Tim’s Christmas baubles. It’s all so festive.

12 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 1:15 pm }

Tim’s electronic dickprint has been left everywhere before the show started.

Ch 10’s promos look as if they’re celebrating having to shift this turkey to Wednesday nights.

13 daisy { 09.17.13 at 1:20 pm }

I bet it’s had a good Christmas caning too.

14 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 1:23 pm }

Tim’s opened a few boxes at Xmas time, to be sure.

15 daisy { 09.17.13 at 1:29 pm }

Ha ha ha.

16 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 1:35 pm }

Tim gets the chocolates because his sack is bigger than Santa’s.

17 Georgie { 09.17.13 at 1:36 pm }

To start with, the person responsible for programming this for 7.30pm on Sunday night up against XF and AGT, must live in la la land. Added to that, the fact those shows had already been running for several weeks and had established an audience! Doh – what other result would you expect?

Choose a timeslot you’ve got some chance of owning, instead of setting it up to fail.

18 Culinary Boner { 09.17.13 at 1:58 pm }

bdd@14,
Tim’s probably also filled more boxes than Santa (and his little helpers).

19 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 2:05 pm }

Santa only comes once a year….whereas Tim…..

Ch 10 ‘s own goal, Georgie, this show was promo’d relentlessly during Ma$terchef. Ch 10 are on a roll~downhill.

20 daisy { 09.17.13 at 2:31 pm }

Don’t you just love a good theme :)

If I say “Tim pulls his own Christmas cracker” does it mean I have run out of ideas.

21 Georgie { 09.17.13 at 2:57 pm }

Not sure, has anyone Xmas nuts yet?

22 daisy { 09.17.13 at 3:16 pm }

There you go. We hadn’t milked that baby dry.

23 LW { 09.17.13 at 5:43 pm }

Can’t believe no one has posted this yet. Tim may need a bigger box though… And a rename to “Dicks in a Box”.

24 Ali { 09.17.13 at 5:50 pm }

Fairytales are a tough sell in the digital age.

Considering how many educated, go-getter women are on the show, I’m surprised one of them hasn’t started a mutiny and sprung a self-organised Speed Dating session on Timmy where everyone gets their 5 minutes of that all important One-on-one Quality Time with him, before the bell rings and he moves onto the next contestent. Then the Fitness Instructor wouldn’t have had to wait 3 whole eps and he could knock down this whole season in an hour and 20 minutes, tops.

25 sarnias { 09.17.13 at 8:06 pm }

Gave it a chance but it’s shit. When’s Biggest Loser back on?

26 Chrissie { 09.19.13 at 8:08 am }

Almost missed last nights ep. Interesting to see the connection he has with Ali. I can’t decide if she is quirky or cooky…could just be the editing. Either way she is interesting and absolutely gorgeous.

Tim seems to be more likeable than I expected. Will still keep watching…nice little guilty pleasure :)

27 Daze { 09.19.13 at 8:30 am }

Chrissie, I’m sure it’s the editing. I’ll keep watching too, now that I’ve started and just hope Ch.10 let the whole series finish without axing it mid stream.

When Emma made the decision to walk, apparently there were a few others unhappy with being bullied into being ‘bitchy’ with the other girls, by the Producers. In goss mag there was an interview by Amy who didn’t get a rose, time before last, so it looked like Tim didn’t pick her, but it was written like that so she could exit. Makes me think if Sherri was one who also asked to be released thus not getting a rose. Guess they figured it wasn’t their cup of tea.