The X Factor – Very Underwhelming Year

Readers I need your advice. Which show are you preferring The X Factor or Australia’s Got Talent?

This week yet again there were few good acts and am starting to think Australia’s Got Talent has the more entertaining acts.

Every week on The X Factor there is a lot of ordinary missed up with a little extraordinary. The producers know to keep viewers hooked in they need to keep Dami Im’s performance until the end part of the show.

Dami Im at this stage looks unbeatable as after her it all goes a bit average. Sure Jordan Tiolli has the talent and is gorgeous but it has been a few weeks since she hit it out of the ball park performance wise.

Taylor Henderson did well last night helped with a good song choice. But the kid has already come third in Australia’s Got Talent. Is he really going to get a career out of this?

Third D3Gree are not bad either like an very amateur version of The Black Eyed Peas.

Tonight the bottom two were JTR who forgot their words last night and Ellie Lovegrove who has a good voice but not a lot of star power.

In the end Ronan sent it to deadlock after Dani Minogue selected Ellie to go and go she did as she had the lowest number of public votes.

This issue is neither of their sing-off songs were great and at one stage it crossed my mind that both could go home and neither would be missed.

1 Gin { 09.17.13 at 1:26 am }

Can I put it out there that Jacinta, the other female in 3rd degree, is a better singer than Ellie and joelle?

Dami to win it. It really can’t be any other way though I hope they give her something which showcases her voice better (an acoustic ballad perhaps?)

Ronan was cranky but let’s be honest they were all pitchy. The sound is terrible!

2 daisy { 09.17.13 at 1:36 am }

I was surprised to see Ellie back in boot camp days. I thought she looked nice before her XFactor make-over.

3 Eliza { 09.17.13 at 1:48 am }

Ronan has taken on the cranky judge role now that Mel B has gone. She got cranky, then left.. Ronan will be next.

I thought that Ellie deserved to be there more than Joelle. I think that the judges are mistaking “effort” or that “extra 5%” with the fact that her voice just has no punch. She can hold a tune but her voice is weak.

I thought that Taylor and his dad looked familiar.. now I know why.. were they a duo at first?! I don’t mind him. I also don’t mind JTR.. but not for their vocals.. 3rd Degree are interesting but need fine tuning. I do really like Jiordan but she struggled big time with being sick. Jai… he sung nicely, but I still just feel like I’m watching a school musical when he’s on stage.

I am not sure how they could justify any other winner other than Dami.. Kinda boring to know the winner, but at least the girl can sing.

I have never been into Australia’s Got Talent so still prefer X Factor I guess because I watch it! AGT has more variety though of course.

4 Karen { 09.17.13 at 2:08 am }

“Ronan has taken on the cranky judge role now that Mel B has gone. She got cranky, then left.. Ronan will be next”

Ronan has already said that this will most likely be his last year – he is finding it hard being away from his kids for so long! I think that he is also missing MelB and Guy. He is at least pointing out the short comings of some of the acts unlike Redfoo who seems to see no faults in anyone, as well as being a lousy mentor, Ellie was much better before he got hold of her! Joelle too, what is he doing with her!
Dannii is really lucky that she has Dami, she really doesn’t have to try too hard she seems to make every song given to her gold!
Of course Dami will be in the final no question, although the voter’s might get complacent and the ahh factor of Jai could mess up things if the mums, and their daughters take to the phones! He is cute, and whether he is a great singer or not I can see him getting those votes!

5 Karen { 09.17.13 at 2:13 am }

I forgot to add – Whether you like XF or not, they are winning the rating’s battle each week against AGT so it would be disappointing if you chose not to blog about it each week!

6 Eliza { 09.17.13 at 2:14 am }

I like that Ronan is pointing out the things that need to be addressed… by gosh, someone needs to. I don’t love him calling them superstars though. Redfoo is no vocalist himself so you can understand why he focuses more on the performance. Did you see his performance last week? Mostly dancing and some auto tune!

A lot of the acts sing better than the judges.

7 Blake { 09.17.13 at 6:37 am }

I miss Guy on the panel, which strange because I never really lined him as a judge or mentor until last year. I thought that Mel B wore out her welcome last year, but now I’m realising that the panel was better when she was on it. Probably not because of her solely, but this year’s panel just seems to easy to please…

Ah who knows, maybe next year’s panel will be even worse and I’ll start to miss this one, lol.

8 Sue N { 09.17.13 at 7:28 am }

Eliza & Karen- agree with both of you. I too prefer X Factor, but will admit I was only ever an intermittent watcher of AGT- & now it’s on 9 I don’t bother at all. 😉

9 Andrea { 09.17.13 at 8:13 am }

I prefer AGT, its more interesting and fun to watch.
There was a really good singer on there in the last show with his band performing “Purple Rain” who was outstanding who would have done well on X Factor.
X. Factor is really boring this year, none of them are good enough to go on and make a good career out of this except for Dami who is fantastic.

10 Fiona { 09.17.13 at 9:22 am }

I definitely enjoy AGT as most of the acts are more entertaining and better quality. This year’s X Factor is really disappointing – I had to fast forward through nearly all of the acts when they went off key, that shouldn’t happen at this level. The judges must know they have sub-par performers, but they have to keep the illusion of a competition going. I agree with Daisy that Ellie looked way better before her “makeover”, I think the pants undid her this week, they were so awful, I notice she was allowed to change them the next night but that still didn’t save her. Very amateur all the way this year, perhaps we have hit the bottom of the barrel and we should wait for the stocks to re-fill for a few years like SYTYCD.

11 Colleen { 09.17.13 at 9:32 am }

I agree, very underwelming. Since Sunday night is ironing night I am only listening and not watching and I thought they were mostly woeful. But then the judges say that they were awesome, really? Are they watching something different to me? That girl with the “Burn burn burn” song was totally out of tune. Any why are they investing time and money on a kid who’s voice hasn’t yet broken?
A girl in my local primary schools musical would out sing the lot of them.

12 Anonymous { 09.17.13 at 10:13 am }

They are really missing Mel B’s blunt honesty, that Red Foo guy is no replacement either.
Dami is so much better than everyone else left on the show, it is as simple as that.
As for Jai – I am over the whole “cute 14 year old” boy thing that the X Factor people keep relentlessly flogging.

13 Ralphie { 09.17.13 at 10:19 am }

This show should be called Cleavage Factor.

14 brain dead dave { 09.17.13 at 10:23 am }

I think AGT is much more watchable this year.

X Factor glitters more~ but that’s from turds being polished to the max.

15 q { 09.17.13 at 10:41 am }

still watching x factor, if jae wins I prob won’t watch next year
Have never watched AGT so can’t comment on that
I think overall the singing talent pool in the country is diminishing, I thought the Voice s2 also had not as good singers as previous

RR please do keep blogging on the xfactor though..it’s great to read

16 Blake { 09.17.13 at 11:34 am }

Whilst I don’t think that X Factor has any standouts this year aside from Dami, there are however, no acts as bad as that Jason guy from last year. Silver linings I guess…

17 Eliza { 09.17.13 at 12:43 pm }

I saw that guy too, Andrea on AGT. I said the same thing about him going on X Factor but he possibly chose AGT so he could have his band with him.

Lol, I agree Blake. Jason wasn’t great. I don’t mind a handful of the acts this year.

18 Amy { 09.17.13 at 2:44 pm }

Agree with Colleen. Most of them were incredibly pitchy.. It was awkward to watch. I couldn’t believe the “judges” were ignoring it. IMO the judges are a waste of time.

19 Helen { 09.17.13 at 3:26 pm }

I was reading this thinking it was AGT – I get the 2 shows mixed up, probably because they’re both a load of rubbish and the judges are always idiots. Whichever show Natalie B is judging, what does she know and I can’t stand her weird looks, knowing that the camera is on her.