Australia’s Next Top Model Finale Tonight

Duckie, Shanali and Melissa will be fighting it out for the this year’s title of Australia’s Next Top Model tonight.

All the girls are high school students with Duckie who is of African heritage being 17 years of age.

It is the year of diversity with Shanali being of Fijian Indian background. Have to say I am surprised that Melissa got through I know the judges loved her but she gave the same photo everytime.

Voting lines are open until 7.45pm tonight To vote text DUCKIE, MELISSA or SHANALI to 1977 1010 (cost $0.55inc GST) or head to www.facebook.com/AustraliasNextTopModel or online at www.fox8.tv.

The US version of The Face starts tonight as well after the final finishes at 8.30pm on Fox 8. The Face Australia will replace Australia’s Next Top Model on our screens next year.

1 mahlia { 09.24.13 at 10:41 am }

The photographers have loved Melissa for her unusual look. But she’s very young next to the others who have had more time to understand their body and it’s angles.

I think the judges have given Duckie a good run. I haven’t found her photos to be worthy of finalist.

2 Andrea { 09.24.13 at 11:17 am }

I will be watching tonight and I hope Melissa wins.
The fact that she does have a different look and is shorter than the usual model type is good enough for me to give her the title.
I’m really over Duckie. Shanali would be my second pick.

I like that fact that its going to be a big production tonight in front of an audience instead of the quiet way it was done on Britain’s and Ireland’s Next Top Model.

3 Caroline { 09.24.13 at 12:38 pm }

I was really surprised by the final 3. Duckie is very one note, she has a great smile but her serious photos were not impressive. Shanali is just plain wooden and nothing about Melissa says model to me. I liked that Jennifer was so nice and positive to the girls but the judges decisions baffled me throughout the entire series. Also I find it odd that the final decision is made by the public. I feel like the professionals should decide who is the most likely to have a successful career as a model rather than a popularity vote. Having said all that I still like the show and I think Duckie will win because she is the most likeable.

4 Eliza { 09.24.13 at 2:26 pm }

Agree that I don’t see Duckie as finalist material as I also haven’t been wowed by any of her photos! She has a likable and bubbly personality.

Melissa has pretty much given the same face in every photo. I think she looks great, but not sure again about her being in the final as she is very one dimensional.

Out of these 3 I hope Shanali wins. She has had esome more stand out photos and has been consistent. She seems like a lovely girl, too.

Caroline, I also questioned the public decision. Shouldn’t the ‘experts’ decide?! It’s not a popularity contest. I guess it’s a money making grab?

I actually thought they were starting to push Abbie for the win. I wouldn’t have minded Jade being there as well.

5 daisy { 09.24.13 at 2:36 pm }

Apart from Ashey, I haven’t been too impressed by any of their looks. There are no stunners and they lack the wow factor of being an odd ball or ugly duckling transformed into something amazing. Like that girl with the funny mouth who came second in BNTM model when Tiffany won. They were all a bit ‘catalogue to me’. I think Abbie might be the best now because she has that long gaunt body. I am used to Indian faces to Shanali is a bit ordinary to me. Ashey was the only stand out but she was also a worry as she was emotionally fragile.
And Hi Eliza.

6 Eliza { 09.24.13 at 6:26 pm }

Hi Daisy!

I liked Ashley too but agree she was way too fragile.

7 Andrea { 09.24.13 at 10:09 pm }

It was a great show, well done, much better than the British one.
And I was very happy with the winner!

8 Izobel2 { 09.24.13 at 10:51 pm }

Thought you would be happy Andrea! Are you going to watch Tge Face? Now, back to Big Brother!

9 Andrea { 09.24.13 at 10:55 pm }

No Izobel2, I thought about it but I’m glad ANTM is over so I can watch BB again.
Were you happy with the result?
I think all 3 girls will probably find work out of it because they all had a different look which is what I thought the judges were after this year.

10 Izobel2 { 09.24.13 at 11:08 pm }

Am watching The Face, got hooked for this episode anyway, seeing as the husband is out playing sport! Have taped BB. I think I dreamt about BB last night, it’s getting crazy! Plus reading over 400 comments on the other threads. I guess we are all in the same boat. Addicted.

Happy with someone different winning ANTM.
The Aussie girls didn’t seem as different or beautiful as BNTM in my opinion though, they just seemed soooo young to me.
But you’re right the finale was way better for the contestants especially.

11 Eliza { 09.25.13 at 12:17 am }

Loved Jen’s awkward laugh all the way through this.

I was kind of shocked with the winner but not really disappointed. The girls should all do alright.

I didn’t watch The Face.. was it ok, Izobel? I don’t think I can handle another TV to watch. It’s like the modelling version of The Voice with the teams competing against each other?!

12 daisy { 09.25.13 at 12:51 am }

So who won?

13 mahlia { 09.25.13 at 10:42 am }

The thing I really liked about this series was that the girls were nice.
It was a bit of a shame that one of them was sent home for an incident because there has been some awful stuff in overseas episodes.
But I understand they had to act to remove someone due to a physical incident.

14 Izobel2 { 09.25.13 at 1:01 pm }

Hi Eliza – The Face was definitely ok. I enjoyed it.
They started with a whole heap of contestants and they’re already down to 12!

It’s sort of like The X Factor or The Voice in modelling. There is a mentor with 4 girls each.
Each team competes against each other, you are right.

They contestants started off with a photo with no makeup on, and that got rid of a few. Then the next challenge was a runway walk, but it was a “blind walk” as the judges couldn’t see who was walking as they had a massive brimmed hat on. So that was cool.
Then another quick photo of the contestants with makeup. Then the judges got to choose which of the chicks they wanted in their team.
So overall an entertaining episode. I have no idea on what constitutes a good face though but enjoy the modelling shows anyway!

The 3 judges – well one is Naomi Campbell, a blonde chick who has a very weird face in my opinion, and one is a pretty praying mantis called Coco!