Dancing With The Stars – Co-Host And Start Date Announced

edwina-bartholomew

Dancing With The Stars is back starting Tuesday 1 October on SEVEN and finally it has been revealed who is going to be the co-host with Daniel Macpherson.

Sunrise weather girl Edwina Bartholemew will be taking over in Mel B and Sonia Kruger’s role of the girl in the green room.

Interesting choice considering people who don’t watch Sunrise have no clue who she is, me included. However great to see a fresh face being given an opportunity to show her wit and talent and she is not some overseas blow in.

It is a tad surprising considering Dancing With The Stars struggled a bit with the ratings last year and it must have been tempting to go with a much bigger name but maybe there wasn’t the budget for it and they spent it on the dancing talent. Yes Tina Arena I am looking at you.

Kim Johnson is also joining the judging panel.

But let’s be frank it is all about the contestants. They are:

• Tina Arena –  Singer-songwriter, actress and record producer.
  • Jesinta Campbell – Miss Universe Australia 2010
  • Rhiannon Fish – Home and Away actor
  • Sally Obermeder – TV presenter
  • Sophia Pou – My Kitchen Rules star
  • Libby Trickett – Olympic Gold medallist
  • Tony Barber – TV Legend
  • Cosentino – Grand Illusionist
  • Steve Hooker – Olympic Gold medallist
  • Brendan Jones – Radio personality
  • Jordan Stenmark – Supermodel twin
  • Zac Stenmark – Supermodel twin

Source: TV Tonight

1 Littlepetal { 09.24.13 at 5:36 pm }

I like Edwina. It is good to see some local person given the opportunity to host the show.

2 Andrea { 09.24.13 at 5:50 pm }

Yes, Littlepetal, she seems really nice and may breathe some new life into this show.
Its good to see you commenting Littlepetal, shame you don’t watch BB.

3 Carole { 09.24.13 at 5:57 pm }

Thank God they didn’t go with that hideous Kelly Osborne. Glad they have gone with an Aussie. I like Edwina on Sunrise.

4 Sandii { 09.25.13 at 7:29 am }

Would Tina have a bit of an advantage as she would have had dance lessons when she was with YTT. Yes I realize that was a million years ago but can’t help but think It will give her the edge.

5 Georgie { 09.25.13 at 8:03 am }

I agree Sandii, Tina will have an advantage for sure – but Cosentino will have a bigger advantage because he’s an illusionist. 😀

6 Joseph Skyrim { 09.25.13 at 8:58 am }

Oooh pretty! 😀 Also, pretty good line up. Interesting that Kim is one of the judges now. I thought she was one of the partners before? May be strange for her to be passing judgment to … say… Luda. 😛

Anyway, makes me want to watch – but I don’t have reception for ch.7 where I am! >.<

7 Littlepetal { 09.25.13 at 10:35 am }

Tina will have some advantages over the others but if the public votes decide who stay and who go, the winner may not be the best dancer.

Agree with JS-how is Kim going to criticise her fellow dancers. I don’t think she will be very critical but I could be wrong.

8 Daze { 09.25.13 at 11:28 am }

Littlepetal, Kim is a fence sitter I think, and just will be sugar sweet nice, just as on Celebrity Apprentice. Still her being there will put Helen’s nose out of joint a bit.

Tina was patronizing in that bombed-out show that she hosted earlier this year. Don’t think she’ll take any criticism kindly with her routines but she will put 100% into her rehearsals and dance segments.

9 Carole { 09.25.13 at 4:11 pm }

Kym was interviewed on Sunrise or The Morning Show recently and she said while she wouldn’t be mean or nasty, she wouldn’t be a pushover either. If they make mistakes, she will point them out.

10 michelle26 { 09.26.13 at 2:10 pm }

RR really?? ” Sophia Pou – My Kitchen Rules star ”
Star – may be in Sophia’s own world – def not mine!
Won’t be tuning in to this one – can’t watch her anymore.
Sophia, why won’t you just go away.?!

11 peripateticpatter.blogspot.nl { 06.02.14 at 9:49 am }

Now that you recognize the individual variations between your two,
you may take a phone yourself. Using this stage the others is pretty self-explanatory.
Before posting anything about the wall, think.