Australia’s Got Talent – The Second Semi

It was the second semi but before it kicked off it was announced that Swagamama and The Other Superman were the first two through to grand final.

There was a mix of acts with too many joke acts but maybe they do that so they can get who they want through to the grand final.

Here is what went down:

Leon Lee sang What The World Needs Now. He is like a Korean Michael Buble. Sure it was nice but a future star? No.

Raymond Crowe – The shadow hands guy did an amazing routine to Louis Armstrong’s A Wonderful World. Timomatic thought he could win the series.

Loretta and Jackson – The women with a poodle. This routine was not as good as the heat but still it was a quirky routine but as Geri Haliwell said it was probably not enough to get her to grand final.

Reuben Koops – props for singing an original song. This guy has a likeability and talent. Unfortunately for all the girls out the young 20 year-old is now married.

Flying Fruit Circus – They were good but tend to agree with Dawn and Geri something fabulous needed to occur and it did not.

Rabbit man – Why was he put through it was a joke act. He played guitar and sang badly. Good on Dawn for buzzing in. Life is too short. The other three buzzed in as well. It is time to leave Funky Bunny.

Tommy Franklin – Another bullshit act. If you were one of the acts that got through the heats and then missed out on a spot in the semis, then saw this guy just dancing crazily on stage and add in the guy dressed as a bunny then you would be pissed off.  If you have to rely on 30 odd people on stage with you to make your routine then you really should not be there. His parents who were in the audience were probably happy that he was finally doing something.

1 Georgie { 09.29.13 at 9:54 pm }

Leon Lee needs a stylist. Retro white rimmed glasses = big fail on him. I didn’t hear him singing though, because I was on the phone.

My reaction to Raymond Crowe was – ffs get off. I dislike these kind of heart-string tuggers.

That poodle act worries me too. I keep expecting one of Loretta’s invitations to Jackson, to result in an embarrassing doggie moments.

Tommy Franklin is permanently bent, probably from a bad trip. He could get a gig at a full moon dance in the hills maybe.

The big bunny can join the flying fruit fly circus on the next train out of town.

Reuben Koop was the best of an ordinary bunch tonight.

2 Sandii { 09.29.13 at 9:57 pm }

I have seen that shadow puppet performance before. I am pretty sure he copied it as it wasn’t original. I think he alluded to the fact that he invented it. Even the music was the same.

3 brain dead dave { 09.29.13 at 10:07 pm }

Raymond Crowe has done that shadow thing to Wonderful World on Letterman before, several years ago . He’s been around, used to busk in Adelaide.

No more trippin’ Tommy thanks.

4 Georgie { 09.29.13 at 10:34 pm }

I smiled, remembering your earlier ‘rug cutting poodle’ comment bdd.

5 Izobel2 { 09.29.13 at 10:54 pm }

Your recap RR, is exactly why I don’t watch AGT. Sounds very ordinary! And this comes from me, who’ll basically watch anything!
And yep I’ve seen Raymond Crowe on tv a few times including Spicks and Specks, then saw him at our Xmas function in Adelaide probably 7 yrs ago.!! Get a new routine, it’s ALWAYS wonderful world!

6 VioletsRBlue { 09.29.13 at 11:41 pm }

So many hopeless ‘acts’ its not even funny! Raymond was the only one with any real talent. Everyone else was cringeworthy. How have the bunny, Timmy and few others got to semi finals it’s one of misteries of Australian ‘reality’ television! Next weeks acts look a bit better but then again it would be really hard for anything looking worst than tonight’s semi final!

7 Andrea { 09.30.13 at 7:45 am }

It was disappointing and some of the other acts who failed to get through should be really annoyed.
The judges have a lot to answer for for letting stupid acts through such as Funky Bunny and Tommy Franklin.
Seems like it was” lets let the novelty acts through this year”
I liked Leon and Raymond because I hadn’t seen it before.
The puppet man should have got through last week as opposed to The Other Superman because he would have more chance of making a career out of it.

8 VioletsRBlue { 09.30.13 at 8:55 am }

Hi Andrea, totally agree re the other superman and the puppet man. I would much rather see the puppet man again. He would definitely have more variety and he is very talented.

9 Andrea { 09.30.13 at 9:40 am }

Thanks VRB, I’m glad you agree.
The judges obviously didn’t want to make the decision for fear of sounding heartless but they should have looked at it as to how far the act can go, and while The Other Superman is very good at what he does, the only thing I can think of is maybe a circus would be happy to have him as part of a trapeze act.

10 Jen { 09.30.13 at 12:32 pm }

When I first saw Tommy Franklin in the auditions I thought he was great. Not so much for his dancing ability but for his ability to radiate joy and make me feel great. That’s his talent I think. It didn’t come across so much last night unfortunately.

11 BBM { 09.30.13 at 2:17 pm }

I agree Jen, I think all the other dancers on stage distracted from him last night which was a pity as his first audition he did radiate and spread joy.

12 CCC { 10.06.13 at 3:58 pm }

Yea, puppet man’s act wasn’t original and it was a shame the way the judges went on as if it was. He didn’t dare say anything.

13 Georgie { 10.07.13 at 8:43 pm }

Can’t believe the viewer votes for first place from last weeks finalists. Then the judges selection for second place was equally lamentable.

14 brain dead dave { 10.07.13 at 8:50 pm }

Can’t be as bad as the James Blunt “performance” I just suffered through on X Factor, Georgie. I wanted to die.

I just can’t believe how LAME it was. I’m on to AGT now.

15 Coral { 10.09.13 at 2:00 pm }

I can’t believe that the judges even put Tommy Franklin through on his first appearance. Are you judges trying to make Australians look stupid, people overseas must think that we are real nuts here in Australia if we think that Tommy has talent.
Wake up judges and put real talent through on the show.
I and many of my friends said that unless the judges shake up their act we viewers will never watch this show again.

16 David { 10.19.13 at 8:50 pm }

The judges should look for “sustainable” acts and I’m afraid Tommy Franklin and The Other Superman are short lived novelty acts ie. would you really go out of your way to go and see these acts if they held a performance at your local club? I doubt it. On the other hand, Raymond Crowe is a professional world class magician (he’s been on the show – World’s Greatest Magicians – competing against the best in the magic) – is an all round act that could fill an hour of entertainment time easily!