Big Brother – Did The Housemate Sacrifice Themselves Or Just Quit?

Most of Australia had picked it that Nathan was the housemate who had quit Big Brother. Nathan was dressing it up as a sacrifice saying it would allow Maddy to stay on the show but basically he quit.

He told Big Brother in the diary room “I came into the house to experience it, challenge myself and show Australia what I have got. And I don’t think I can. I think I’m too different. I don’t want people to think that I am the type of person that cries all the time, that tells bad jokes and can’t fit in, as that is not true. In the outside world you do have a support network your family and friends and without that is hard. Really hard. I just thought I was stronger then that. I did not know it was that hard.”

He also added “I think I have done as much as I can here.” and “I don’t want to be here anymore”.

His rationale that he can’t show himself because he is too different is bollocks. He told Ben that he had had more time with the housemates so they accepted him and his quirks. This insinuated the issue was that he was gay, but considering a gay guy was voted the winner last year and probably will be this year it is a pretty redundant argument   Also Tim is very popular and he knows it and Tim has a strong and polarising personality. Maybe for Nathan there was nothing to show.

We saw more of Nathan on this episode then we have in the last couple of weeks. At their end of week party he was asked whether the real Nathan comes out when he is drunk in the house.  He said he did not talk much in the house as he did not think he would be understood. His rationale is because he is older and has different interests. He said the housemates have grown to understand Ben. He also said he can’t be bothered.

Tahan said don’t shut people out and he should try. He responded “I say things all the time but people just don’t hear it”.

He is not a fan of Tahan’s or Tim.

We saw him in the rock, scissors, paper challenge being full and frank with Tim about how he felt about him.

Nathan said what he did not like about Tim is that he liked to make people feel bad. Tim responded “Only if I feel that person needs to be exposed.”

Nathan also said “Tahan, Drew and have had a negative impact on the house”. The viewer did not get to see Tahan’s response to this comment and that would have been interesting to know.

Nathan said to Tim  “Normally I would not have you in my life”. What did Nathan think it was going to be like – people of like minds. Tim said to him I know you don’t like the culture in the house”.

Did not think there was any culture in the house…. however I think he meant the bitching that goes on.

It was a bit mischievous of Big Brother to make the housemates publicly state which of the two intruders they wanted to stay. They did not make them do that with Justynn and Nathan. Also the girls appeared to get more time in the house which could give credence to the conspiracy theory Justynn became aggressive and he had to leave. Also should it be Justynn back in and one of the girls out? Having said that the girls should be good additions in the house.

All of the housemates except Drew voted for Maddy to stay. Even Tim who told Boogs that he loved her and she is the type of girl he would like to marry. He has no hope of a snog now.

However Australia thought differently and voted for Boogs to stay with 55 percent of the votes going to her.

And if we are not going to see the “real” Nathan it is better that he has gone.

Jade is turning slightly possessive (OK a lot  of Ed. She is starting to talk in couple-speak. In the diary room she was sobbing after Nathan left saying “Ed and I made a point of talking to him”. Also earlier she had been telling Maddy that she and Ed wanted her to stay. Though she then revealed that he had not said anything but Jade said she just knew.

Also Jade nearly choked when Ed was telling Maddy that he saw her as an intellectual as well as being entertaining. Jade paranoia continued after Ben asked Maddy whether she was attracted to anyone in the house and she said yes. Jade asked her in the spa who it was and Maddy said it was Drew. Maddy probably thought it was safer to crush on the guy whose psycho girlfriend was out of the house.

If Maddy and Drew hooked up in the house it would be a bit of karma for Tully. Also *high five* to Maddy for playing with Jade’s mind. She had told Tahan earlier that Jade was very insecure. When Maddy was tethered to Drew and Ed outside and it was time to sleep. Jade said to Boogs and Tim that she wondered how they had set up the sleeping arrangements.

Jade and Ed must be spending a lot of time together as every scene Ed was in so was Jade. At the end Ed was saying to Maddy not to be sucked in by Tim even though he had voted for her. Ed is as paranoid about Tim as Jade was about Maddy.

Even though they are all being nice as soon as the intruders can be up for nomination they will be. Tim and Mikkayla at the beginning of the episode had gone to Big Brother wondering when they would be leaving.

Tim mentioned that Boogs was funny, and Mikkayla thought there were enough funny people in the house. Tim clearly fishing for a compliment, asked her who? But Mikkayla said Tim but also added herself in as being funny. Big Brother must not be showing that side of her personality to Australia.

What did you think of Nathan leaving  – was it a noble move or did he just wanted an excuse to get out of there?

Update: Here a link to an interview with Nathan about why he left. Thanks Deano.

1 Bbhm { 10.08.13 at 11:42 pm }

And those that say I am bullying

That is my opinion only. We all like diff HM’s and that’s great!!! It creates great discussion as well.

Otherwise we would be happy watching a house of 9x Bens rather than
9 diff house mates

2 Techhater { 10.08.13 at 11:51 pm }

BBHM Here Here in 100% agreement with you on that.

RR @100 That shouldn’t be too hard. In a town of 120 i’ve already likened 80% of HM’s with locals, give me another day and i’m sure i’ll connect the dots for the remaining 20%. (Agatha Christie WAS right)

3 Lizzie { 10.08.13 at 11:55 pm }

Better than counting sheep RR! And the justynns were quite nice after I cracked the veneer and got to know them.

4 Miss Mars { 10.09.13 at 12:17 am }

Bbhm – I’m pretty sure I openly said that transference means I’m going to be bias… I’ve stated that ‘we’re all bias’ about a million times. I certainly don’t find you to be a ‘bully’, so please don’t take this that way, I’m just tired of being drawn into the same arguments. You dislike Jade, you cannot acknowledge anything she does as positive and I personally find your comments incredibly bias but I don’t engage you about it every time you make one. I might be a bit bias about Tahan but I don’t slag her off constantly or turn everything she does into a negative. I’m sorry but personally I don’t understand how anyone can completely disregard all the negative traits and actions of one person and continually pick apart and attack the similar actions of another. I saw Tahan spend a good portion of the last couple of episodes talking about Jade and others behind her backs and making snide comments about them. Apparently it’s ok for her to do this but the second a HM you don’t like does the same thing they’re a disgusting person and fair fodder? It doesn’t really matter what I say because I can see its going to be a cyclic argument.

Do you honestly care why I say I think Jade is ‘gentle’? Lets be honest here, whatever I say you’ll just disagree with anyway so what’s the point? In case you’d like to prove me wrong, the reason i say that is because I’ve seen her comfort most of the HMs and have heartfelt conversations with people like Drew, Ben, the sisters and even Tim where she came across as incredibly gentle and sincere. I also found her reaction to Nathan leaving very sincere as well and she seemed genuinely upset that she hasn’t done more to make his time in the house enjoyable. However, I doubt you see it that way so can we please just agree to disagree on this one? Hence why I said we’re all bias towards the ones we like, I never excluded myself from that.

I just don’t see the point in making statements like ‘I enjoy hearing different opinions’ when you clearly don’t. You’ve never once actually spoken to me in any sort of ‘healthy debate’ style fashion, it’s always ‘oh you think Jade’s nice? She’s actually absolutely awful, fake and a horrible person’. Awesome, think whatever you like just don’t pretend you’re being an objective person who enjoys healthy differing of opinions when you clearly aren’t.

Basically I’d just like to be able to comment freely without everything I say being contested every time I make a positive comment about a HM you don’t like. I don’t come here and start slagging Tahan off in response every time someone makes a positive comment about her, is it naive to expect the same courtesy?

Basically I’m done with arguing the point. Do with that what you will.

Samantha – you’re right, Jade is far from perfect. I suppose I just see her as less the purposefully nasty person and more a generally nice person who gossips (as we all do) and makes misguided comments (as we all do). I bring up Tahan making nasty comments because I can’t fathom why she seems to get this ‘free pass’ while Jade is apparently the bitch Queen of Sheba. I personally think Jade is nicer than Tahan, I don’t think Tahan is evil or disgusting or all that bad at all honestly. I’ve said many times that I view her as an immature girl who can be quite nasty at times. I’ve also noted that she’s beautiful, strong and very entertaining under the right circumstances. I think Jade is a genuinely kind hearted person with a lot of insecurities and dependancy issues. I just feel for her I suppose.

Essay over, probably going to hit the hay until tomorrow.

5 VioletsRBlue { 10.09.13 at 12:18 am }

BBhm don’t worry about the ‘bully’ comment. Sometime people get to personal with their comments. I personally believe that adults usually are happy to debate issues and if not convinced otherwise agree to disagree. Immature people, unable to participate in a debate call each other names. My advice is to totally ignore it.

6 daisy { 10.09.13 at 12:30 am }

TH. Apparently Nazrul only had clear celophane.
Never mind. If the neighbours can’t gossip about you, you’re too boring. I think he might have added a special little something extra. I don’t know what he means. What’s a spliff?

7 brain dead dave { 10.09.13 at 12:36 am }

A spliff is what the Jamaicans call a joint ,mon. Jah Rastafari!

8 daisy { 10.09.13 at 12:39 am }

I have known a few Tims. I’ll always gravitate to the fun loving larrikins with a sense of humour.
I love Tahan because she is gutsy and straightforward and I have also seen her be kind too.

9 daisy { 10.09.13 at 12:42 am }

Thanks BDD. You learn something new everyday 😉

So TH. You’ll be cooking that joint down the local.

10 Bbhm { 10.09.13 at 1:57 am }

Hey Miss Mars

Please don’t take offense, my bully defending comments were directed at another commentator not you, but their comments have all disappeared now :/
And though I have my fav hm’s I do genuinely enjoy reading your views. Otherwise I wouldn’t come to this forum. At the end of the day they are all playing a game to win, and all have some attention seeking ego qualities, because no matter what the amount of money, I would never go on live tv 24/7. Just not my thing, but all these HM’s to some degree must think they are pretty exciting/special/hot/cool/hip/nice enough to win. :)

11 Carole { 10.09.13 at 7:32 am }

So it turns out it was Nathan that was seen from the steam train having a cigarette on Sunday. An interesting interview he did with TV Tonight.

12 Reality Raver { 10.09.13 at 7:54 am }

Miss Mars – sorry it is my fault I wiped a few comments BBHM was referring to them.

13 daisy { 10.09.13 at 8:26 am }

Miss Mars, I agree with what you saig about the way BB has been unevenly handing out superpowers. And I haven’t liked that getting the superpower as good as saves you from getting any nomintions.

14 Gabby { 10.09.13 at 8:27 am }

Miss Mars @104 everything you have written about Jade and Tahan, I have felt and said the same from the beginning.
I only wish I could write as eloquently as you do and get my thoughts across in such a well defined manner.

15 Carol (without the e) { 10.09.13 at 10:49 am }

Thanks Miss Mars for the explanation of the Jade/Mikkayla/Tahan thing. It seems Jade remembered she was on TV and realised that what she said would have looked bad on the outside… and softened it. Mikkayla on the other hand probably didn’t take a step back at all.

I would be mortified to see her teaching my kids in school. I would seriously change schools to get them away from her. I wonder if (anywhere in the world) someone has been deemed inappropriate to be teaching because of their behaviour on BB? Is anyone in the Dept of Education watching BB? Mikkayla has shown behaviour on TV that would have a child expelled from school. Hardly setting an example for a show that is aimed fair and square at school aged children!!!

And thanks for the welcome back Daisy!!! Airlie Beach was wonderful… the wedding was mind blowing. Has anyone ever been to a wedding at Villa Botanica?

16 Carole { 10.09.13 at 12:34 pm }

I remember the year Jo the lawyer was on, she lost her job because of Big Brother, and she didn’t even really behave badly, but it was a conservative firm and they just didn’t think it was a good look for their firm. A few housemates on the US version got fired from their jobs because of racist comments they made.