Beauty And The Geek Starts Tonight On SEVEN – They Have Switched It Up A Bit

The new series of Beauty and the Geek starts tonight on SEVEN.

They have switched it up a bit. This season there have been a few changes. The location is Fiji, the host is James Tobin and there is a bisexual Geek.

However some things will remain the same. The girls will pretend be really really stupid and the guys will be dressed up in clothes from second hand shops, have beards and wear glasses to they look soo much better on the transformation episode.

Are you going to watch it?

Beauty And The Geek – Goes Tropical on SEVEN at 8.30pm Thursday nights.

1 Izobel2 { 10.10.13 at 7:07 pm }

Yep. Watch it every season. Although just asked the husband and he is unsure as he’s sick of the geeks fakin it and the beauties fakin it. And half the time they’re not actually beauties are they!!!
And a bisexual geek???!!!

2 brain dead dave { 10.10.13 at 7:20 pm }

Yes. I’ve got plans to watch probably with captions enabled. I’ll have sunglasses on to deal with the beauties’ teeth.

3 Ali { 10.10.13 at 7:45 pm }

RR, I wish I’d known you were going to do a write up; I threw out my Mx paper which had some quotes taken from a preview. The more memorable ones are when one of the “beauties” says that octopuses have eight testicles – or is that six? And another one says that metaphors are the things that crash into earth.

4 Georgie { 10.10.13 at 9:03 pm }

Oh no, socks with sandals!

5 Georgie { 10.10.13 at 9:13 pm }

James Tobin looks like the biggest dork on the island.

6 Lizzie { 10.10.13 at 9:34 pm }

Even James Tobin is dumbed down – called the location “a desert island”. Since when has Fiji been a desert?

7 Lizzie { 10.10.13 at 9:42 pm }

Hey Ali – one beauty was freaking out that her luggage would fall into the water and they’d be electrocuted by her hair straightener. Seriously, don’t know if I can sit through this!

8 brain dead dave { 10.10.13 at 9:43 pm }

A desert where it rains like buggery every night.

“Orion” Shopping mall or constellation? Discuss.

What about the Geek with the Buggles glasses? Too much.

9 Stacey { 10.10.13 at 10:08 pm }

One of the beauties used to go out with my younger brother! Very strange seeing her on tv!

10 daisy { 10.10.13 at 10:21 pm }

Hi Stacey. How’s everything going?
Lots of good things happening for you, I hope.

11 Reality Raver { 10.10.13 at 10:23 pm }

Stacey – AWESOME. Is she like that in real life?

12 Stacey { 10.10.13 at 10:49 pm }

Hi Daisy! Going very well thankyou :)

Rr- shes quite smart in real life! Very nice and polite and also very girly and ditzy. Naturally very beautiful too. She was the one who just left :(

13 Amy { 10.11.13 at 2:03 pm }

Stacey – she was very beautiful! Sheridan was it?

I think I might watch it from time to time. Last nights episode was hilarious – esp some of the NZ accents!?

I think this set of geeks are genuine geeks… There is no faking that acne and awkward limbs flaying everywhere when they walk. Obviously the glasses and clothes ramp it up a notch but still..
I heard the producers say that they dont get many geeks apply so they search for them at nerdy comic book expos and stuff.

Some of the girls seemed kinda intelligent actually – just girly and ditzy as well. I could hardly spell some of those words :S

14 brain dead dave { 10.11.13 at 2:12 pm }

I’d watch it again . The geek freaking out when being shown a whole lot of slinky underwear was priceless.

Also the beauty making the geek promise not to fart in bed. That girl’s in for a life of disappointment.

15 Stacey { 10.11.13 at 2:38 pm }

Amy- yes it was Sheridan! Haha my facebook exploded last night. And she was honestly hands down the LEAST annoying out of all the other girls. I thought the questions she got were particularly hard too – phospherence? What the actual shit? Try using that in a sentence today.

Was it just me or were they pretty much only showing Ntula? The other girls barely got any screentime. Except for little Kiwi Lara Bingle.

16 daisy { 10.11.13 at 2:39 pm }

@14 The farts, the snoring. And that’s just from my side of the bed.

17 Culinary Boner { 10.11.13 at 4:11 pm }

“…and the guys will be dressed up in clothes from second hand shops, have beards and wear glasses to they look soo much better on the transformation episode.”
Harrumph…
me and Mrs Boner are offended…
Well, I am anyway – http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/02/article-2124049-0B7FDA80000005DC-649_468x452.jpg

18 Ali { 10.11.13 at 4:43 pm }

This is my first foray into the “franchise”; I only watched the latter half of it but I found it a refreshing change from MeanVille (aka Big Brother).

* I think Brett’s beard deserves its own program. But he may have to hand his beauty a GPS device so she can navigate her way through the bush and land him his first kiss.

* If they want “nerdy” they’re going the wrong way with all those beards and oversized glasses. Nowadays you just add a beanie and call yourself a “hipster” – instant transformation!

* I think there’s a vague prostitution-y vibe which makes me a bit uneasy eg I wouldn’t be sleeping in the same bed as some guy I’ve barely met. Or rewarding him with phyical acts (eg kissing).

Lizzie @7. I actually reckon that sort of stuff is comedy Gold! Gold! Gold! You have to be pretty funny to think it up. This reminds me of The Big Bang Theory, except not all the dialogue is as scintillatingly witty.

19 Lizzie { 10.11.13 at 5:06 pm }

Ali, I DID sit out and was p*ssing myself laughing. Loved the beauty who said she was hopeless at spelling and wouldn’t know how to spell “Kardashian”. Heeeee. I’ll be tuning in next week!

James kept repeating “desert” island. Wonder if they will encounter bushmen, bedouin and camels.

20 Georgie { 10.11.13 at 5:14 pm }

CB #17 – do you think they might be the success story from series 1?

21 george { 10.18.13 at 1:32 am }

Sheridan was my favorite: gone.
Next favorite was Erin……: gone !
I wont tell you who my next favorite beauty is…….

22 Georgie { 10.20.13 at 10:58 am }

Agree george, my faves were Bella – gone… and Erin – gone…

I have to say that the beauty’s answering the ‘Pi’ question says to me, that they’re not as dumb as they’re supposed to be.

23 brain dead dave { 10.20.13 at 12:08 pm }

Also the geeks aren’t as geeky as they’re meant to be because the geek got rid of the loyal Bella and plonked for the escapee funky bunny from the Playboy Mansion.

I enjoyed the geek who had the crash course in g-strings and lingerie.

The alpha geek in it all, James Tobin was interviewed at Caulfield yesterday. They were shooting for 5 or 6weeks in Fiji,apparently.

24 Dr T { 11.07.13 at 4:01 pm }

Obviously B&G not important enough on the reality totem pole to be on here at the moment (I’m not watching it this year in any event)

However – interesting that very few of these people ever seem to parlay their appearance into anything much else. Jordan (of Jordan and Lachlen sex in the house fame) was on Studio 10 this morning as a model for the Paris bra! Apparently the absence of underwire is a major selling point (I wouldn’t know – it’s been a few years since I needed to wear an over the shoulder boulder holder)

25 Reality Raver { 11.07.13 at 4:05 pm }

Dr T – now BB is over I might give B&G more loving. Glad to hear you have no manboobs.

26 Dr T { 11.07.13 at 4:34 pm }

No no – I’ve got them, just decided to set them free

27 Izobel2 { 11.07.13 at 4:39 pm }

You have to watch tonight’s ep RR, it’s the makeover ep. The ridiculous I’ve grown my beard for the show and now I can have it shaved off and I’ll look much better episode.

I actually like everyone this season. The couple I didn’t like so much went home last week.

I think I like Zac the best. One question I have though RR, is Michael the bisexual? I don’t think they’ve mentioned it, that’s just my guess.

28 Georgie { 11.08.13 at 9:22 am }

Really enjoying this season – the contestants and the challenges. I’ve had quite a few laughs. Last year was the pits.

Alex getting eliminated last night was divine justice for dumping his original beauty Bella and plonking for the dumb as bat shit blow-in, Courtenay, with the humongous boobs. I reckon Bella could have answered a couple of those questions. Suck eggs Alex.

From the promos, it looks like some will be returning next week.

29 brain dead dave { 11.08.13 at 9:56 am }

Not only man boobs on Embarrassing Bodies last night, but the lactating type.

Beauty And The Geek was pretty funny,especially the over the top screaming when the geeks were revealed and the strip acts.

30 Sue { 11.08.13 at 11:06 am }

I don’t blame Alex for picking Courtney instead of Bella; Bella had a terrible voice. You can’t be a beauty and have a voice that makes people go out and buy earplugs to wear when you are speaking.

And Ntula…..since when has a horse face been beautiful?
And her hair….gah….someone give her a hairbrush and some hair clips.

31 brain dead dave { 11.08.13 at 11:12 am }

“.since when has a horse face been beautiful?”

When Fiorente went over the line with my money on it.

Other than that, your appraisal of Ntula is spot on,Sue. Her geek is totally thunderstruck by her, however. Ntula Thunderpussy.

32 Izobel2 { 11.08.13 at 1:10 pm }

I’m happy that Nathan will be back next week as I wanted to see what he’d look like with a makeover!
Agree with you Sue!

33 Reality Raver { 11.08.13 at 1:20 pm }

They do look better but they are all still a tad awkward. Have to be honest not really enjoying the show this year feels too long. Will try and razzle a blog post out about it soon.

34 Georgia { 11.15.13 at 4:09 am }

I think ntula is gorgeous! I met her at Telethon and she is really nice and had the kindest things to say. Zac and Ntula for the win!!

35 Georgie { 11.15.13 at 3:33 pm }

Another good ep last night, with a very funny challenge for the beauties. Line of the night – Kassi was asked if a chicken was a bird of prey? “Well chickens can be very religious animals!”

So much better and more believable than last year.

36 Izobel2 { 11.15.13 at 4:16 pm }

I was hoping that Nathan & Erin would get back in, they seem like a nice couple.
I thought it was a very entertaining episode again.
Just a bit of fun really.

37 Georgie { 11.15.13 at 4:25 pm }

Who got back in Izobel2, I missed the last 10 minutes?

38 Izobel2 { 11.15.13 at 6:34 pm }

Erin & Nathan. So I was happy.
I taped it so i’ll transcribe for you:
Topic: Comebacks
Nathan: which boxer promotes a kitchen appliance. it was George foreman. He said Ali. WRONG.
Alex: Was a photo of Miley Cyrus with her “new look” (except her eyes weren’t visible). Alex: Miley. RIGHT.
Nathan: Which girl group performed at 2012 Olympics: Spicegirls RIGHT
Alex: Way farers are what: Hat: WRONG. They’re sunglasses. And I don’t know how to spell it!

Beauties:
Erin: Which movie brought together legends as a comeback: Expandables, Expendables, Dependables: Expendables: RIGHT
Courtney: Which Aussie Golfer blew his chance to win 2012 british open and came back to win US Masters: “Umm, I don’t know, Michael”… WRONG. Adam Scott.
Erin: Who after spending 27 years in prison became first black pres in 1994? “What, umm, I don’t know, I can’t even think, Obama??” WRONG, Nelson Mandela
Courtney: Which Hollywood actor went off the rails then came back to star in Iron Man movies:? “I have no idea, for some reason I think his name is Robert…. Robert…. I don’t know, I’m just gonna have to say that, Robert”. WRONG.. Well nearly, it’s Robert Downey Junior.

So close yet so far. I hope this assists you.

My favourite comment of the night is when Nathan said his hair looked like a turnip, but a good looking turnip!

39 brain dead dave { 11.15.13 at 6:41 pm }

Obama looks pretty chipper for a guy who’s done 27 years in prison.

Glad to see Erin back,she’s fun. She had a great collection of underwear to stress the geeks out with.

Thanks for the update, Izobel2. I missed the show and am desperate to catch an encore.

40 Georgie { 11.15.13 at 6:48 pm }

Thanks for that Izobel. You’ve done a much better job than the station captions I have to rely on. I was hoping for Erin and Nathan to return too, so good on them.

41 Calorie Loader { 11.16.13 at 8:11 pm }

Not quite as good as last ep, but still had it’s moments…

Probably my fave was one of the beauties saying, ‘I thought David Attenborough won Idol” when talking about animal documentaries :S

The girl who wins the zoo keeper challenge is the one who describes the most ways a chicken can be filleted…as well as Georgie’s comment #25 on their religious status.

Great makeovers by the girls… real genius, if by genius you mean taking an electric clipper, buzz cut most of the head, leaving some fairy floss on top (Nathan saw his doppelganger in the form of a turnip)…It all looked OK with the mousse, until they spun around and showed what appeared to be someone taking to the head with a blunt edger.
Or in the case of long hair…just tie in a pony, snip off at one level and voila…instant butchery of 10 long years of hair growing!!

oh and the art/history geek wanting more than a friendship with a beauty but not being ready for the whole bf/gf malarkey…we need to introduce him to Ed, he’ll get ya sorted with the gels

42 Calorie Loader { 11.16.13 at 8:17 pm }

Although I think it could definitely be a case of $hine pimping when it comes to most geeks neatly being paired with and ‘having a thing’ for a beauty and vice versa. As Sonia once aptly said, ‘I love…ca$h’ !!!

43 Georgie { 11.28.13 at 8:25 pm }

A bit late to tell you this but just in case you don’t know, it’s the final tonight and it’s a two hour show that started at 7.30pm (edst).

44 brain dead dave { 11.28.13 at 8:29 pm }

Thanks ,Georgie. Just in time.

45 Izobel2 { 11.28.13 at 9:00 pm }

Thanks Georgie, am taping it tonight so I can watch it with my husband, who’s out at sport.
Will have to dodge Ravings til I’ve watched the finale.
Happy viewing gice.

46 Calorie Loader { 11.29.13 at 2:09 am }

Quote of the night from Nathan on washing the mud off Erin, ‘It was harder than bathing the family dog, she was all over the place’. I only hope he doesn’t employ his elbows washing the dog the way he did tonight taking out Erin.

Is it possible to strangle a slippery eel to death was the question I had while watching Erin squeeze the poor creature until it’s eyes popped out.

Some interesting challenges for the final, my favourite being the kissing booths, swimming with the sharks, and disco dancing.

The beauties reactions prior to, during and after the kissing challenge showed me just how much their attitudes had changed towards being paired up with ‘the most amazing guy I’ve ever met’ in a romantic way, i.e. none. Not saying they don’t like their geek as a friend, and that they haven’t learnt things from them or been surprised by what they have to offer but fundamentally when it comes to picking a mate, they cannot seem to get past the physical. Which is fine, but don’t bollock on when it’s makeover time or date night challenge that, ‘oh my god he looks so hot, I’d date him.’ I have my suspicions about the ‘romances’ between non-paired contestants as well, especially Zac and Cassie. I never saw them kiss until tonight’s footage, and it was cringe-worthy. I think Cassie said something like, ‘there you go’ before quickly snapping back out of reach and looking like she had to re-ingest the roaches she spewed. Production then slips her 50 bucks. Ntula and the other guy were more believable. The geeks of course were loving the kissing challenge and did not seem bothered by their beauties repulsion. The beauties all condemned those girls at Nathan’s school for kissing him only as a joke, but it is completely acceptable for $100k. At the end of the day we are back to the same old friends status between these two seemingly unmeshable stereotypes.

I did enjoy the dancing and the 70s costumes. LOL on the tight jeans. Erin’s poor hairdressing was highlighted further under the harsh light of the disco balls with Nathan’s sloping permed turnip top.

Well done to Brett and Emily.