Big Brother – A Hum Drum Day – The Calm Before The Storm?

Things appeared to be calming down in the Big Brother house and there were no major dramas.

In brief this is what went down in the episode:

• Drew said he was coping well without of Tully;
  • Maddy said she had felt Drew was hard to know and thought it was because he was putting a wall up because of Tully;
  • Jade was contining to be a lemming to to Ed;
  • Mikkayla thinks pretending to eat MacDonalds is apparently higher on the joke food chain then fart jokes;
  • Tahan was still suss of Maddy’s age as she thought it was strange when Maddy said she started work at 7,30am but the younger lawyers started at 9.00am. Tahan was wondering how much younger can lawyers get;
  • Tahan was wearing a barely there there leotard  for the games showdown;
  • Ed in the showdown stopped on the line and he did not realise the red tape right in front of it was what he had to burst through to get into the final to win $5000 and a night in the Presidential Suite;
  • Tim won the soccer goal shoot out and decided to take Ed to the Presidential Suite, his rationale was Ed’s mistake allowed him through to the final;
  • Tim made a tactical blunder when he told Big Brother there was one more thing he wanted to win, which was Big Brother. He looked a tad cocky;
  • Maddy, Tahan and Boogs revealed on  girls radio that Boogs was open to some snogging with Tim, and Maddy admitted to thinking Drew was hot – chances of Tully voting to save Maddy when she is up for elimination are zero;
  • Housemates were when they were told to pack all their wordly possessions in five minutes and then had to give some of them away to win a steak and icecream dinner;
  • Some people aka Tahan was miffed the gave up more then others. Tahan was peeved that Jade gave up a stuffed tiger which was a gift but so was Tahan’s Kim Kardashian bag which she threw in. However she was right when people like  Tim gave up a leather jacket, a wolf hat and his onsie and Mikkayla only gave up moisteriser and perfume;
  • Mikkayla was miffed that Tahan was upset  and said it was just superficial stuff;
  • Jade told Ed not top put his photos in as he looked at them all the time;
  • Tim grilled Ed about Jade  in the Presidential Suite and he did say they would catch up out of the house and he said he was surprised how it had grown;
  • Jade also talking to the girls said that she was able to move to Melbourne as luckily there were modelling agencies and bars down there so she should be able to get work.

1 Gabby { 10.17.13 at 9:42 am }

Evan @100 Snap!
I wasn’t game to mention the rich boyfriend, good on you.

2 Rose { 10.17.13 at 9:44 am }

Re mister clooney- I’m sure I heard Ed on the live feeds say he would shoot that dog with a BB gun if he had one ( not that he really would.)

3 Rose { 10.17.13 at 9:51 am }

Why is Tahans boyfriend a bigger asset than Eds family? Ed could have easily been in contention for a win if he had any personality or he had dealt more directly with Jade. He has all those football fans and people who must admire him plus all the girls who think he is Prince Charming.

I’m not arguing. I am asking a sincere question as I have no idea about how famous Tahans boyfriend is or how loved Ed may be as a football player. Hard to get a read on these things from America online viewing!

One thing- I’m glad they showed Tahan saying nice things about Mikkayla. I think that was for Mikkaylas benefit.

Finally- what did Mikkayla say about all the haters for tahan? Sounds like Maddie shared outside information about that for sure. What Mikkayla said didn’t even make sense.

4 Ryan { 10.17.13 at 9:52 am }

Yeah we all know who BB wants to win, but Tim and maybe Drew (and his blue eyes) still have a shot at getting past all the favourable editing and celebrity boyfriends. No way am I watching it if Tahan, Ed, and Jade are the final three.

5 Rose { 10.17.13 at 9:57 am }

Brain dead Dave : sorry I hope you didn’t mean me trying to moderate? I know I comment a lot but dont mean to step on any toes.

I am really enjoying this show and the cast so much compared to the virtually unwatchable US version. I know we only see a tiny fraction of the cast here- but they are so much better than the horrible Americans that get cast on US big brother.

The sad thing is that no one else I know watches this show! When I tried to explain the whole Drew and Tully uproar, they couldn’t have been less interested!

6 brain dead dave { 10.17.13 at 10:00 am }

Not at all, Rose. Your posts are great.

7 Pam { 10.17.13 at 10:08 am }

Tim’s mask has fallen, at last.
The show is not the same since it has been on channel nine.
It shows to much footage of the person BB favours.
Bring back the original concept.
Who is left to vote for? I shan’t be voting again

8 Evan { 10.17.13 at 10:11 am }

I reckon Tim has slightly lost it since his main competition left last week, and he has got too cocky.
Or maybe his gameplan is to get Jade & Ed & Maddie eliminated, and then he thinks he can beat Boog, Drew and Tahan if they are the final 4.
That strategy might come unstuck for Tim, big time.

9 Gabby { 10.17.13 at 10:26 am }

Evan, loving all your comments. Please keep them coming.
They are honest and open about all the housemates.
You are not afraid to write what you feel.

10 daisy { 10.17.13 at 10:30 am }

No but others are.

Funny how it’s great for SOME not to be afraid to write what they feel.

11 Georgie { 10.17.13 at 10:33 am }

Just a question from a non BB watching, blog reader.

What would make Tahan’s bf, V8 Supercar driver David Reynolds, very rich and famous?

From 120 race starts he’s had –
0 Bathurst wins
0 championship wins
0 race wins

Doesn’t sound like a winning formula for the very rich and famous to me.

12 Lizzie { 10.17.13 at 10:48 am }

Ffs, stop the personal attacks please. I thought the BBB forum was bad, but this one is stooping to the same level. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without snarky responses. :(

13 daisy { 10.17.13 at 11:11 am }

You’re right Lizzie.
And I do like you. :)

14 Liberty { 10.17.13 at 11:26 am }

Will the four person cool tribe will outwit, outsmart & outplay the three person serious (a.k.a. boring) tribe? Are Jade, Ed and Madaline going to be the three up for nomination? Picked off one by one. The gullible fans will do what they are told – “evict Mikkayla because an intruder will not win”. What’s this show called again? Survive BB…

15 Sally-anne { 10.17.13 at 1:19 pm }

@71 For starters, Mikkayla’s too greedy to get an eating disorder and secondly, if she’s that “HIGH BROW” she would have some fine dining etiquette. It has nothing to do with her weight.

16 daisy { 10.17.13 at 1:37 pm }

Sally, it’s called gluttony. And then with that she added jealousy.
When S asked why she didn’t like Tahan, she added “Who wouldn’t be jealous of a girl who looked like that”. People not given to jealousy, that’s who.

These are the people you are allowed to mock and criticise:
Tully
Jessie and Biswa
Ben from last year
The Ginger Cockroach
Tahan

17 brain dead dave { 10.17.13 at 1:50 pm }

Just don’t mock the fatties who “won” MKR.

18 Liberty { 10.17.13 at 4:57 pm }
19 Carole { 10.17.13 at 6:32 pm }

I was really pissed of Tahan didn’t go, can’t believe she had 48% to save. Hopefully she’ll be up again next week and finally go.

Seeing how sad Mikkayla was to leave the dog was so sad. It said on Twitter today that Ed is already over looking after the dog. I was disappointed they didn’t show her the footage of Tahan imitating her eating after the big fight they had the other week.

Just read on Twitter that it’s delayed by 30 minutes tonight in Sydney. So those of us in Qld will only be half an hour behind instead of an hour.

20 Andrea { 10.17.13 at 6:58 pm }

Thanks Carole, its weird isn’t it how BB is filmed on the Gold Coast probably right near you somewhere, but we have to have an hour delay?
It could be all solved by starting it here at 6pm.

I hope the dog is okay too, BB should let Mikkayla have him now.

21 Carole { 10.17.13 at 7:35 pm }

No worries Andrea, yeah it’s ridiculous. It’s not that hard to just start it earlier there and show it live here.

Yeah, I wonder if they are going to find a home for it like they did last year.

22 Carole { 10.17.13 at 8:10 pm }

Tahan’s a funny one, every time Mikkayla got saved, she would be so pissed off, then when she finally gets evicted, she cries.

Tim is going to love nominating face to face.

23 Carole { 10.17.13 at 8:13 pm }

Oooooooh, Jade’s not happy about the separate bedrooms!!!!!!!!!

24 Carole { 10.17.13 at 8:34 pm }

Oh, so they write them down in private, then must have to read them out in front of the others. I thought he was going to tell them first they would be nominating in front of each other. This is going to be very awkward!!!!!!!!!

25 Carole { 10.17.13 at 8:36 pm }

If Ed’s nominated Jade, how is going to explain himself!!!!!!! hahaha

26 Carole { 10.17.13 at 9:03 pm }

Was really hoping Ed would nominate Jade. Was dying to see how he would worm his way out of that.

27 Andrea { 10.17.13 at 9:29 pm }

I was surprised Ed wasn’t nominated or Tim, I thought those two hated each other?
Still, weeing on Tim’s peas was pretty gross!

28 Techhater { 10.17.13 at 9:47 pm }

Ok I haven’t read anyone’s comments because i’m way behind. However how much does MEAT’ED look like Chopper Reid may he rest in peace.

29 brain dead dave { 10.17.13 at 10:16 pm }

Ed is probably going to kill more people during his life than Chopper.

They’ll die from boredom listening to him.

How lame was Ed’s nomination spiel? He’d never nominate Jade, at one stage he hissed.