Dancing With The Stars – A Bit Of Razzle Dazzle And Baz Lurhmann Will Be There

Is reality TV becoming so credible that an international dirctor like Baz Lurhmann will guest star on it? And not just for a 5 minute promo but sit there and watch for over two hours? I know he directed Strictly Ballroom but doesn’t he have a film to prepare for? I am still a tad perplexed about Tina Arena being on the show. Though having said that I thought her routine was a bit of a highlight tonight. So it is a good thing for the viewers of the show.

Rhiannon Fish is looking unbeatable at this stage with a perfect score of 30 for her routine. Steve Hooker who is a bit of a dark horse rounded up the top three.

The bottom of the table was the same as last week with Brendan Jones, Sally Obermeder and Jesinta Campbell were the bottom three. It is surprising that Jesinta is so unco. I am really liking Sophie Pou again she is showing a quit wit and she is not a bad dancer either. Sometimes it is not a negative thing to be portrayed as the villain on a reality TV show.

The scores were:

• Rhiannon Fish – 30
  • Tina Arena – 35
  • Steve Hooker – 33
  • Cosentino – 31
  • Libby Trickett – 29
  • Sophia Pou – 29
  • Zac Stenmark – 28
  • Tony Barbar – 28
  • Jesinta Campbell – 26
  • Sally Obermeder – 22
  • Brendan Jones – 19

1 daisy { 10.16.13 at 2:00 am }

How great was Steve Hooker, the pole vaulter, doing the quick step.
I really enjoyed watching him.

2 daisy { 10.16.13 at 2:04 am }

And Constantino. Good job for a novice.

3 daisy { 10.16.13 at 2:11 am }

And Constantino. Good job for a novice.

And wow! Rhiannon Fish.

4 Carole { 10.16.13 at 7:00 am }

Yeah, I thought Constantino was really good, in that lighting I almost thought I was watching Michael Jackson himself.

I worry when people get scores of 10 this early on in the competition, it puts an enormous amount of pressure on them to keep it up.

5 Littlepetal { 10.16.13 at 7:20 am }

It was lovely watching Steve Hooker danced last night. Consentino has been great from Day 1.

6 Georgie { 10.16.13 at 7:52 am }

“Sometimes it is not a negative thing to be portrayed as the villain on a reality TV show.”

Braces wasn’t ‘portrayed’ as a villain, she actively ‘played’ the villain. Her behaviour on MKR was that of a really bad sport.

Consequently, her appearance on DWTS delivers a very potent message – that bad behaviour is rewarded. Very sad.

7 Georgie { 10.16.13 at 7:59 am }

Agree Carole, with a score of 40, Rhiannon has nowhere to go now.

Littlepetal, I think Steve Hooker will be the one to watch.

8 Littlepetal { 10.16.13 at 8:29 am }

Unfortunately Hooker won’t get the public votes. I guess Fish will be popular as she is on Home and Away.

I am still waiting for Braces to be eliminated.

9 Reality Raver { 10.16.13 at 8:45 am }

Georgie – True, but it could be said a lot of the reality shows. This year on BB (I know your not watching) but the bland characters are the ones that were eliminated early.

10 brain dead dave { 10.16.13 at 9:12 am }

Not even if this was the last reality show on Earth, Braces.

11 Evan { 10.16.13 at 9:36 am }

Brendan Jones is hopeless, but he will be around for a while on the show because his radio station in Sydney is endlessly plugging him and getting listeners to vote for him.

12 Fiona { 10.16.13 at 9:56 am }

Every season there is a dancer who is hopeless and shows little chance of being more than hopeless, and yet has massive public support which means they hang around whilst everyone else works hard and improves and better dancers get sent home. It is an unfortunate flaw in the makeup of the show, as the novelty of the beginner dancer thing wears off after a few weeks. I am ready for Brendan Jones to go home. Love Steve Hooker, definitely my favourite along with Cosentino.

13 Ryan { 10.16.13 at 9:57 am }

Tina Arena’s knickers were the hands down highlight. I was not expecting that at all. And Sophia is hardly being portrayed in a positive light. she is TRYING to be portrayed in a positive light but comes off as forced, fake, and overcompensating. Her dancing ability is keeping her in at this point, but trust me, one bad score from Todd and she’ll crack it and the real Sophia will re-emerge.

14 daisy { 10.16.13 at 11:18 am }

Ryan, agree, Sophia is trying to shake of her evil reputation.
The sooner she is out the better.

Littlepetal, SH was an absolute delight to watch. He reminds me of when that happy dancer guy, singer I think, won a couple of years ago. Technically he wasn’t the best but he was a joy to watch….and who says ‘joy’ anymore.

15 Eliza { 10.16.13 at 2:14 pm }

I struggle to maintain interest in this show for the full two hours.. I have been more dedicated in the past but always find myself wavering in and out. In saying that, this series I am finding quite good. I love the new dynamic on the judging panel with Kym and Adam. I always seem to catch the same dancers whenever I tune in!

Steve Hooker is really a ‘joy’ to watch, Daisy.. He is the real surprise packet! I have always missed Tina, Rhiannon and Cosentino! I did overhear Todd ripping into him a little last night though..?! He thought he was a one trick pony.. Everyone would be better at different styles I would think.

Jonesy really has no rhythm but agree his fan base will keep him in. I love Sally’s enthusiasm and thought that she was better this week than last but the judges didn’t.

I tuned in last night at the end of the Stenmark twin’s performance.. Wooaahh it looked like he had a fake body on it was so ‘perfect’! Jade couldn’t keep her hands off him.. Maybe another DWTS romance for her…

16 daisy { 10.16.13 at 2:42 pm }

Eliza, I rec and ffd. I watched it all in about 1/2 an hour. So much better.

17 LB { 10.16.13 at 4:12 pm }

RR, I believe Baz was there to promote the hell out of Strictly Ballroom on stage, which he did at the head of the show, and then I saw lots of promo’s for it “DWTS presented by Strictly Ballroom” in ad breaks. Perfect cross promotion and can only imagine lots of ticket sales from it. Not to mention DWTS tweeting pics of Todd from the movie – who was that baby faced man??

Am actually really enjoying this series of DWTS – the dynamic between DanMcPherson and Edwina Bartholomew really seems to have lifted the show, along with Kim & Adam judging.

The judging seems to be quite skew-whiff yet again with Todd giving high marks when the other three give uniformly lower marks and then vice versa. Quite odd, really.

So surprised by Steve Hooker’s performance – as everyone has said, it was just fun and joyful (and he can dance – who knew?). Tina Arena was fantastic and Rhiannon Fish was just beautiful to watch. I am such a softy – got all caught up in the back stories.

Can Sophia just go and go now, please? Even her “memorable song” was so contrived.

18 daisy { 10.16.13 at 4:19 pm }

That little Fish girl seems so lovely. I always thought she was beautiful on H&A but she seems like a nice girl from a caring, down to earth family.

19 Littlepetal { 10.16.13 at 5:47 pm }

Daisy, I like the name little Fish girl. Somehow Braces doesn’t come across natural. Call me bias. I don’t care.

20 daisy { 10.16.13 at 6:01 pm }

The Little Fish Girl she shall be.

I might even write a story about her.

Call me naughty. I don’t care.

21 daisy { 10.16.13 at 6:03 pm }

And Sophia; the little wasp of a girl.

Oooh did I say wasp when I meant wisp?

22 Culinary Boner { 10.17.13 at 1:02 pm }

“Bottom two were Jesinta and Tony Barber and Tony’s fans must be dying off as he was eliminated.”

Hardly surprising. Would he have any fans under the age of 80?

23 daisy { 10.17.13 at 1:05 pm }

It was probably bingo night CB.

PS. Forever a fan. daisy

24 daisy { 10.17.13 at 1:17 pm }

Oh, I didn’t mean a tb fan. A cb fan.

25 Reality Raver { 10.17.13 at 2:12 pm }

culinary boner – I am quite a fan of Tony Barbar as when he hosted Sale Of The Century it was the only thing to watch in the country.