Kyle Sandilands Thinks Altiyan Childs Was Treated Poorly And Marcia Lied When Judging Idol

Kyle Sandiland’s is probably one of the most interesting media personalities in Australila. Love him or hate him he is not a sanitised media thought bubble spouting out pre-prepped one liners.

In a very interesting interview with TV Tonight (well worth a read and it canvasses a range of topics) Kyle states that his fellow judge on Australian Idol may very rarely have given negative feedback to a contestant’s face she did let her thoughts about them known to him.

The article states:

Sandilands says his first year on Idol was difficult because Dicko was so well-regarded and he was unfamiliar with Marcia Hines and Mark Holden’s work.

“Mark and Marcia were difficult. And I was like ‘Who the f*** are these old nobodies making my life difficult?’ I didn’t know Mark with his little flower. I didn’t know Marcia -at all. I knew Deni. But Deni’s mum who is she?” he asks.

“Now we’re besties but I didn’t like her then. I was ignorant to her past and her success and she was completely ignorant to where I came from and what I stood for and we clashed.

“It was bad. She’d storm off set and we’d argue, hold up production, she’d storm off, refuse to work with me and I’d laugh in her face. I just didn’t care.

“But the first day back on the second year she grabbed me and said, ‘You know sweetheart, I really gave you a hard time.’

“The funny thing was by year 2 when her and I had mended the bridge …. she’d sit there and say ‘You tried your best darlin’, you tried your best.’ But as they walked out she’d turn around and say ‘I hate that mother f***er!’ The real Marcia would come out. She’s hilarious.”.

Also he thinks The X Factor season one winner Altiyan Childs was harshly treated:

“Altiyan Childs I voted for and in the ad break they were all ‘What the hell?’”

Childs when on to win the first season of the Seven show, but despite Altiyan’s ups and downs, Sandilands remains a supporter.

“He always got f***ed over by everyone he ever worked for because he’s a bit kooky and difficult. But this is the music business. Everyone who’s good or successful is a bit kooky and difficult, they all are. And everyone seemed a bit surprised that Altiyan was,” he says.

“I know he’s a bit of a space cadet but so are the Rolling Stones, so’s Pink, they’re all loons!

“They didn’t put a record out the first year that he won and I thought that was bullshit. I thought the whole political stuff behind the scenes…. I didn’t like it. They let him die on the vine. I know he’s had his trouble, we’ve read about them.

“But he is a true rock star. Best voice in this country. But he had the dodgy manager situation, they didn’t put his record out straight away and he got all emotional and weird and freaked out everybody. But that’s what they do, they all do that! They’re loony artists.”

To see what he thinks about The X Factor, Australia’s Got Talent and how he has changed go to click here.

1 all happening { 10.18.13 at 1:03 pm }

You are brave RR. This WILL bring out the space cadets.

2 Georgie { 10.18.13 at 1:06 pm }

I guess Kyle would be an authority on ‘weird’ and ‘difficult’.

3 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 1:06 pm }

Yeah , but The Rolling Stones showed everyone how to do it, including lying, cradle snatching grubs like Altijan Juric. He learned nothing.

~9~

4 Georgie { 10.18.13 at 1:11 pm }

Yes bdd and they usually become kooky AFTER they become successful – that’s how come they get away with it.

5 Culinary Boner { 10.18.13 at 2:20 pm }

“…‘Who the f*** are these old nobodies making my life difficult?’ I didn’t know Mark with his little flower.”
Little flower?!!!
Mark’s got a vagina?

6 Georgie { 10.18.13 at 2:23 pm }

Yes CB, her name is Michelle! 😉

7 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 2:31 pm }

I know this will probably cause another “Altiyan” war. However, I was always an Altiyan fan. I’ve always believed that the producers/networks of these type of shows have a duty of care towards contestants. Especially those who do well. I’ve always maintained that he was robbed of that care by managers, producers and the like. He was the real deal in my eyes and i’m sorry for how he’s been treated. Good on you Kyle for confirming what i’ve always believed.

8 Reality Raver { 10.18.13 at 2:49 pm }

Techhater – that comment made me smile. I agree that he had talent and was something different for a reality talent show. I think that he has contributed to some of his post show issues though.

9 Georgie { 10.18.13 at 2:54 pm }

Wow Techhater, what a revelation – I would never have picked you as a cultie! Very brave of you for owning up to it here on RR too. Me on the other hand – I’d never admit publicly, that I spent money voting for him when he was on XF. 😀

10 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 2:55 pm }

I’m curiously puzzled by some of the basics ie Why does a musician need to carry a taser?

11 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 3:11 pm }

Georgie I’m pretty sure on the last “Altiyan WW3 outburst” here I admitted not only liking him but also voting for him. I really DO think he’s a great muso who was shafted by Ch7 and everyone else.

Dave maybe if he was treated better he wouldn’t need the taser.

I’m just sad that we’ll never get the opportunity to see how good he really can be.

RR Glad to make you smile. Not enough smiles in this world.

12 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 3:15 pm }

Anyone know where I can buy a taser,then ? I’ll have ~9~.

13 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 3:27 pm }

Dave What i’m really curious about is “how long will it take for all the culties to jump on this site.” LOL

HaHa just watching Rebel Wilson on Conan.. Absolutely love her.

14 Culinary Boner { 10.18.13 at 3:31 pm }

Hopefully this post sees the long awaited return of Steampunk Devious, or whatever his name was.

15 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 3:36 pm }

Rebel Wilson’s new show is just great.

Calling all culties. I’ll be here , done up to the ~9~’s .

When’s that album coming out, Kezza?

16 The Oracle { 10.18.13 at 3:43 pm }

Ha ha …The Altiyan groupies will be here soon. Perhaps too busy voting on the US Favourite X F actor contestant of all time Poll.
Let the fun begin! :)

17 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 3:46 pm }

CB hey how’s the mrs. Our paths haven’t crossed for a while. Without advocating gambling here, I wonder what the odds are for a record breaking thread when the culties come out of their caves or from under their rocks or wherever they are hiding. Especially “steampunk” HaHa

Dave i’ll be right by your side. It gives me an excuse to dress up.

18 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 3:50 pm }

It’s over 300 comments, Techhater. That’s more albums than Altijan has shifted.

19 Joan { 10.18.13 at 4:04 pm }

Oh kyle, has altijan got something on you, he is a talentless tool. The idiot was what 35 when he won not 14, his career disaster to date is his fault. ~9~

20 Culinary Boner { 10.18.13 at 4:47 pm }

Thanks for inquiring after Mrs Boner, Techhater.

Haven’t seen her for a couple of days so typed her name into “google” to see what’s the haps. Turns out she’s doing a sabbatical teachin’ a class in Tampa, Florida? – http://teacherweb.com/FL/CitrusParkElementary/MrsBoner/t.aspx.
Oh well. Guess she’ll be back at term break.

21 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 4:56 pm }

CB thanks for that. I really needed it. We lost a beautiful family member last week and I was in need of a good belly laugh. Thanks again.

22 Culinary Boner { 10.18.13 at 5:05 pm }

Sorry to hear about your loss Techhater.

Hopefully, the exceedingly likely post-midnight invasion of the culties will provide further amusement to us all via this thread.

23 NINJA { 10.18.13 at 5:11 pm }

Altiyan is loony but with a heart of gold and talent to match. he will always be the first xfactor winner

24 Techhater { 10.18.13 at 5:29 pm }

CB thanks for that. I can’t wait until midnight “bring it on” i’m ready for it.

Ninja in total agreement with you.

25 brain dead dave { 10.18.13 at 6:04 pm }

Oh well, come on culties. Don’t leave me here livin’ on a prayer with the new Deep Purple CD’s I just bought.

~9~

26 Ginny { 10.20.13 at 10:01 am }

Yes NINJA I agree with you.

27 Altiyan RIP { 10.20.13 at 8:56 pm }

Brain Dead Dave lived in a cave with Altiyan for a while… now he hates him real bad.
I sympathise.

As for The X Factor winners… Altiyan Childs has been replaced by Reece Mastin… because Channel 7 & Simon Cowell can control the career, PR & $$$.

28 Giddy Up { 10.21.13 at 8:48 am }

Series One winner of X Factor was actually a band called “Random”. Mark Holden wrote their so called hit. “Put your hand up, hey, put your hand up hoo”

29 Culinary Boner { 10.21.13 at 12:04 pm }

X Factor needs to make the amazingly talented Marty Rhone (http://martyrhone.com.au) a mentor/judge next year. Just so Kyle has another ‘older fart’ to complain about. Plus the opportunity to shake his ample Clive Palmeresque posterior to Marty’s Countdown classic, ‘Mean Pair of Jeans’.

Where are the culties??

*Pictures Altiyan nailed to a crucifix lamenting, “My fans and management, why hast thou forsaken me?”*

30 Culinary Boner { 10.21.13 at 12:07 pm }

Just for you youngstas out there – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTnajG5I3E

31 NINJA { 10.21.13 at 2:57 pm }

ummm pretty sure random was with australian idol and not xfactor. same produces different show..

32 brain dead dave { 10.21.13 at 3:22 pm }

Is Altijan doing drugs…or are drugs doing him?

From the RR archives. Feel the “love”:

“Embattled rocker Altiyan Childs has been convicted of driving under the influence of methamphetamine and cannabis, outraging fans he has long told: “My only drug is love.”

Capping off a disastrous 12 months, the eccentric X Factor winner pleaded guilty in Taree Local Court this week to having both drugs in his system while driving a car north on the Pacific Highway.

The 36-year-old reportedly admitted to police that he had smoked a “joint laced with MDMA” at a party in Bexley, in Sydney’s south, the night before he was pulled over for a roadside breath test in Coolongolook, near Forster, on November 8 last year.

Childs – real name Altijan Juric – yesterday said it was a “very rare thing” for him to be caught up with drugs but that he was trying to relax after a troubled year”

33 peacetrain { 11.03.13 at 12:16 am }

I haven’t been watching the series but due to the Sat night prog, I caught Ministry of Dance, doing their sad French piece. I thought the act was beautiful.