The Amazing Race – Rookie Mistakes and Dodgy Cab Drivers TAR Is Back

The Amazing Race series 23 commenced this week on SEVEN with the first leg run in Chile. Again this series the double express pass was going to the winner of the first leg. Which means the first person to the pitstop gets two express passes one to keep and the other to give away.

Nicole and Travis, married emergency doctors, arrived first at the pitstop but a rookie error of not reading the clue properly meant they incurred a 30 minute time penalty. They took a taxi to the pits stop instead of walking. This meant Tim and Marie were the official first team at the pitstop.

It was another misread of the clue that caused some delay for Hoskote and Naina. She thought she had to do the second part of the road block but it was her father. It was a slow roadblock where they had to row a boat out on the harbour, find a specific boats and get five fish off them. Even if they had not stuffed up the clue it was highly likely they would still have been last to the pitstop and eliminated.

However their exit interview on HitFix also shows that a hurricane in Dallas and a dodgy cab driver really caused their problems.

1 Sue { 10.21.13 at 2:54 pm }

Hoskote was tandem hang gliding down the mountain and Naina had to follow in a taxi. While the voice over did not mention her taxi problems it was clear to the viewer that it was taking her far too long and her father spent some time waiting at the beach for her to turn up.
By the time they met up and headed off on the next clue all the other teams were long gone….and then making the mistake with the boat put them even further behind.
They arrived at the pit stop after dark when all the other teams had arrived in daylight.

I always feel so sorry for the first team eliminated….it’s a journey of a lifetime cut short at the first pitstop.

2 Sioux Denim { 10.21.13 at 11:30 pm }

Yeah, it always tough seeing them go first few rounds….theres a couple of really fun teams, and a few annoying ones too!
Love it, bring it o ….

3 Carole { 10.22.13 at 8:00 am }

When are they going to read the bloody clue properly. It’s stuffed up so many people. But that was confusing, I would have thought the person who didn’t do the para-glyding was the one to row the boat. That’s usually how it is done. Those boats looked really hard to row, everyone had problems, even the men.

I really don’t like Marie, and was annoyed when it was her that got there first. Stealing that guys taxi was a slack thing to do. Be interesting to see if they give the express pass to the second team, since it was because of their mistake that they got there first, they kind of owe them.

4 Reality Raver { 10.22.13 at 8:28 am }

Carole – I would give the clue to who I perceived to be the weakest team at this point. Probably those two guys who are into theatre.

5 Carole { 10.22.13 at 6:24 pm }

I’ll have to take note of them next time RR.

6 Sioux Denim { 10.26.13 at 12:05 am }

Omg, FFS channel 7….Greys Anatomy runs friggin 30 mins over so my DVR misses the last bloody 10 mins on the show…..I even set it to record over time.
Can someone pls let me know how this week ended up, would have loved to have seen the NFL or Hipster dudes win this leg….and also, did the theatre guys get the boot? They got diddled with the language barrier for bus…buggger….many thanks for quick recap…muchos grasios!!!

7 Carole { 10.26.13 at 7:12 am }

The ‘Bingo’ Guys got eliminated Sioux Denim. I know it’s frustrating when shows run over and you miss the end, even though you’ve set you recorder with extra time. Check the guides over the weekend, sometimes they show an encore.

8 Reality Raver { 10.26.13 at 8:39 am }

The beginning of the ep was chopped from my recording and only saw from the first detour. Oh and those pesky taxi drivers

9 Sioux Denim { 10.26.13 at 11:48 am }

Thanks so much Carole, who won that leg too, the NFL guys?

Noticed Survivor started at 8pm too, gotta keep and eye on the guide for sure!

10 Carole { 10.26.13 at 1:42 pm }

Sorry, I can’t remember. But Entertainment Weekly do recaps of it, they give quite a bit of detail of each episode. It’s lucky I watch Grey’s Anatomy so I taped them both.

Yeah, I was lucky I read on Twitter about Survivor starting early or I would have missed it.

11 Sue { 11.02.13 at 8:18 am }

Hey Reality Raver, are you going to do a weekly update on this show? Please…..