Recipe To Riches – No Wonder Dude Food Is Not An Aussie Invention

image002 (2)

It was man food heat on Recipe To Riches last night and no wonder Aussies are not known for their dude food.

The winner was Bobby Edwards with his Rude Boys Spicy Jerk Sauce, but his competition was fairly weak.

There was Themis Toclis’s Bolognaise Minced Meat Pie – just no,  and Christina Cavaleri’s Meatballs – like we need more meatballs on the market.

The interesting thing is how they decide which products are going into each heat. As in previous weeks we have seen another hot sauce in the condiments week.

If you want to vote for Bobby Edwards by buying the product make sure it is by Saturday midnight as after that buying the product does not count.

Recipe To Riches on TEN, Tuesday night at 7.30pm.

1 Culinary Boner { 10.23.13 at 1:26 pm }

I almost got excited by this until I realised that it was Bobby’s rather than John Edward’s Sauce – http://www.hortonhotsauce.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1000×1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/0/8015.jpg

(Whilst on the apparent subject of the day – ‘cheaters’ in the public eye.)

2 Amy { 10.23.13 at 1:47 pm }

Bought it today not realising it was just the sauce. So we need to buy and boil the meat and then put it in the oven for 2hrs like we saw Bobby do last night ie. it’s not a microwave meal like the others. I’m not a fan of microwave meals but I don’t think I can be bothered with the 2 and a bit hours unless I know it’s going to be amazing…

Another negative… it is made in Malaysia but at least the ingredients are more recognizable.

Didn’t realise Bobby is only 24. Thought he looked more like 40 but it explains his personality maybe…

3 TickledPink { 10.23.13 at 1:52 pm }

I started off loving this show and buying the products every week but it’s just going down hill.
Last night was very deceiving as I thought the product was ribs and sauce – turns out its just sauce! How is that considered man food?
Same with last week the biscuits that ended up being produced were nothing like the ones that won – anyone else notice this?

4 Bianca { 10.23.13 at 4:05 pm }

I read somewhere that the product was meant to be the ribs and sauce, but apparently there is currently a shortage of pork ribs and so they decided it would just be the sauce to ensure availability.

5 Reality Raver { 10.23.13 at 4:18 pm }

They said that on the Recipe To Riches facebook page. Clearly the dude food craze is having an effect on pork supplies

6 Culinary Boner { 10.23.13 at 4:42 pm }

Some real dude food sauce (from parody deathmetal cartoon band, Dethklok) – http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/nazjo69/Nathan_Explosion__s_BBQ_Sauce_by_Ca.jpg

* Take care with the extra cilantro.

7 Danielle { 10.24.13 at 9:31 am }

You didn’t write a comment on last week’s. I brought the gluten free biscuits and they were just a meringue.
Apparently they tasted the same as the ones on the show but looked different. According to facebook they were ill suited to mass production and therefore shouldn’t have won.

With this episode you could tell from the batch up that he was going to win. Just like with week one.

Each product has it’s own facebook page and the chocorn and Sweet Billies are the most popular.

8 CURIOUS { 10.24.13 at 10:09 am }

I totally agree with Amy.
What man (or woman) is going to boil, bake and grill with all that mess around. Wasn’t the emphasis on “man food?”
It was so deceiving that they kept promoting the ribs throughout the show, but it was really only the sauce!

9 PollyB { 10.24.13 at 11:55 am }

Boil, bake and grill is the only way to go with ribs! It is time consuming but soooo worth it. Although, I’m not bothering to buy this sauce. I have 2 local woollies, last week in one Billie’s still had a couple of packets, and in the other the pizza base still filled 2 shelves. It’s one huge ad campaign for Woollies and I’m a bit over it.

10 Bern { 10.24.13 at 4:17 pm }

Does anyone have the links to each product’s FB page? I’d love to go on to the Chili sauce page and check out what has been posted. So far out of all of the recipes produced so far I have loved the chili sauce (have bought about 8 bottles so as not to run short), the chili con carne and the samosas. I did buy the Chocorn but it was way overpriced for me and I think there are similar items on the store shelves.

Woolworths definitely need to train their staff in knowing about the products and where the items are located in the store. I have been in to about 5 different WW supermarkets since the show began and every since time the WW staffer has had to go looking for the items. By not training their staff sufficiently they are missing a major opportunity for promotion of the items as some people would just give up if they couldn’t find the items easily but me, I’m persistent. Plus R to R do not promote the shows enough, nor the personalities behind each recipe, on FB, losing out on major opportunities to promote the items.

11 Bel { 10.24.13 at 6:11 pm }

Sauce with no ribs hey, that must put him at a bit of a disadvantage you’d think? Agree with others here- the hard part in cooking ribs is the boiling then basting/baking (and more basting & baking). It takes ages to do it right (but agree PollyB, once you’ve done it… it’s fantastic). The sauce is the easy bit so can’t see this selling madly.

I’m not sure why I still like this… it IS getting ho-hum and predictable, and even though the muesli woman is lovely I’m fed up with her identical walks to camera, wearing increasingly hideous dresses (that blue checkered tablecloth last night?? Her stylists are strange). You can always pick the top 2 and the winner, etc.

Curious about how the finale will go through.

12 Julia { 10.24.13 at 10:18 pm }

Agree with Bern, I have been to about 5 woolworths & it has been frustrating, some of the staff either don’t know anything about R2R products or are aware but do not know the location of the product. I initally loved the chilli con carne but the second time
I ate it, it was full of gritty fatty unappetising meat, very disappointing. I won’t be spending my money on the merangue buiscuits or the sauce. I think the problem with it being mass produced is that they are using cheap ingredients & it’s just not living up to the high expectations of what I have seen.

13 all happening { 10.24.13 at 10:29 pm }

I picked up the Greek pizza at half price and had it tonight. I used Greek style toppings that I had used plenty of times before, but the sauce and base made it the best pizza I have ever made. I’m going to get a couple more to have in the freezer.
Husband works at a woolies store, Julia, and he only knows about the show because I have told him. There really hasn’t been much buzz about products after the 1st show. He said I am the only one to ask him where any of the products are.

14 Bern { 10.25.13 at 12:27 am }

I do agree with you re the Chile Con Carne, Julia. I liked the flavour but did think it had too much gristle and not enough meat in it. But for a first time trier of Chile Con Carne, it wasn’t bad. Does anyone know whether anyone from WW actually reads this blog and takes notice of the comments made?

15 The Omnivore { 10.25.13 at 6:06 pm }

I’ve got the Rude Boy marinade on some pork ribs in the oven as we speak. It smelling damned good! I have to disagree that the boiling and baking is the hard part. That bit’s easy and with the ready made sauce, I’ll have dinner cooked with about 5 minutes of actual effort. This one’s a winner in my book (pity it’s not made in Australia – anyone know why they had to go OS?).

I liked the smoky chilli sauce from weeks ago too, but every other week the one I’ve wanted to try has lost. D’oh!

16 all happening { 10.25.13 at 6:24 pm }

Bern @14 The wollies fb page has someone monitoring that and then R2R has its own site which I have seen a person answering questions and then each products have sites so they probably have it covered.

17 John { 10.31.13 at 9:21 pm }

Shame this product is made in Malaysia … I guess the riches don’t stay in Australia but overseas!

18 agro labs acai daily cleanse side effects { 05.04.14 at 2:06 pm }

colon cleanse

Here is my homepage agro labs acai daily cleanse side effects

19 daisy { 05.04.14 at 2:10 pm }

Oh, here’s one for the Hoover.

20 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 2:44 pm }

With friends like you @18 ,who needs enemas? You shouldn’t have to take shit from your customers.

21 daisy { 05.04.14 at 2:48 pm }
22 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 2:52 pm }

Slogan : ” You can stick our products up your arse”

23 daisy { 05.04.14 at 2:56 pm }

Bums for chums.

24 daisy { 05.04.14 at 2:57 pm }

No job is too small.

25 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:01 pm }

Your bum will be in good hands.

26 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:05 pm }

If you’re not 100% satisfied we will return it.

27 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:12 pm }

“Your arse will be so clean you can kiss it”

Or “Clean as a Whistle”.

28 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 3:14 pm }

“We’re proud of our solid reputation”

“We’ll go to places our competition won’t”

29 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:17 pm }

Fun Runs.

30 Georgie { 05.04.14 at 3:19 pm }

The ins and outs of colon cleansing.

31 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:20 pm }

I hope agro labs are writing these down.

32 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 3:22 pm }

“We dig deeper than our competitors”

“You’ll save a bucketload”

“No Cash? We’ll work it out”

33 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:25 pm }

More than a spit and promise.

Your friends will all notice the difference.

Before and after photos are included free.

34 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 3:28 pm }

“We’ll beat any other quote by a turd”

35 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:31 pm }

Ha ha. You WINnie the Pooh.

36 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 3:38 pm }

“Come in and talk shit with our friendly staff”

37 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:40 pm }

I wonder if it’s like drycleaning, where they keep anything they find.

Buttons, biros, loose change.

38 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:41 pm }

Good idea to mention the friendly ‘staff’. What about ‘warm and friendly’.

39 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:43 pm }

@37, you can bet your bottom dollar on it.

40 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 3:53 pm }

“Our low prices will bowel you over”

“All our products come with a dunny back guarantee”

41 daisy { 05.04.14 at 3:59 pm }

We promise, No Rush jobs.

Extras include:
spot cleaning
buffing
shampoo
blow dry (the blow is our most popular).

We’ll put a smile on your dial.

42 brain dead dave { 05.04.14 at 4:04 pm }

“You’ll never be alone on the throne with Agro labs”

“Agro labs~ for people who couldn’t give a shit”

43 daisy { 05.04.14 at 4:29 pm }

MeetnGreet Staff:
Candy
Brandy
Randy
Handy Andy

And Roger the Dislodger.

44 daisy { 05.04.14 at 4:30 pm }

We crap all over our competitors.

45 daisy { 05.04.14 at 4:32 pm }

We’ll even retrieve your stash…no questions arsed.