Big Brother – Ed’s Family Advertising For Votes

Save EdEd’s family have decided to go all out for this week to try and keep Ed in the house. This is an advertisement in the Sunday Mail in Adelaid. Thanks Elizabeth for sending it in.

The family have been campaigning hard for Ed during his  time in the house. His brother has set up a blog to get their side of the story across  also there was the win a date with Ed if you spent more then $50 on voting for him, and now this.

Will there be a backlash? Or is it good strategy. They must be thinking the longer they keep him in there the other players will be found out aka Tim.

The problem for Ed started when he put Jade up for eviction ahead of Tim and then compounded it the following week by flicking two points to Jade.

Some clever sod did a montage of it:

To be fair all the housemates have done stuff in the house that has been hypocritical, manipulative and back stabbing and that is the game. Ed’s problem is that he has got himself caught in this situation with Jade not helped that all his mates were eliminated so he has become as dependent on Jade as she has to him. But to the viewer it just not look genuine and you can  see Jade getting hurt. Though Jade saw Prince Charming and thought he ticked all the boxes as a boyfriend potential husband and has been looking at him through rose coloured glasses. Ed is a bit like a mouse trapped in a cage with Jade at the moment.

Heidi on Twitter is asking people to vote for Ed which is interesting as I thought she was close to Drew.

At this point Ed looks like he will be leaving, however it will be interesting to see if the advertisement has an impact. Crazy things have happened in the game, like the week Ben was eliminated.

1 all happening { 10.28.13 at 10:57 am }

Great clip RR. Ed either has a short memory or no conscience.

2 brain dead dave { 10.28.13 at 10:57 am }

It is what it is . The desperate efforts of fools to save a gibbering meathead who can barely string a sentence together.

3 Andrea { 10.28.13 at 11:31 am }

Is this actually allowed RR?
I wonder if that clip will be shown to Jade when she gets out?
She probably will still make excuses for him though.

4 Reality Raver { 10.28.13 at 11:38 am }

Andrea – The campaigning? Yes it probably is and all family and friends have been doing it. Ed’s family have just been much more aggressive about it. In fact it may have caused a backlash. I suspect most people who vote are persuaded by what they see on screen. Do I think Ed is a certainty to go home this week? no.

5 all happening { 10.28.13 at 11:51 am }

Fb sites for Jade and Ed are showing the clip so there will be a sympathy vote for Jade, I suspect and the meathead will go rancid. No amount of ads for Ed will help imo.

6 Pam { 10.28.13 at 12:20 pm }

This is starting to be like the Federal elections.

7 Andrea { 10.28.13 at 12:37 pm }

That’s so true Pam, it is a bit like that!

8 Lizzie { 10.28.13 at 12:41 pm }

Lol Pam. Yeah what’s next – Nick Lower handing out how to vote cards at Westfield. Or outside schoolyards.

Appropriate surname.

9 Loz { 10.28.13 at 1:06 pm }

Is waiting for the haters to complain about Ed’s family putting the ad in the paper. Just like they thought that Tahan’s boyfriend will get her more votes. It’s like der, that’s the whole point. The family has a right to get more votes for their housemate. They can do so in any such way they please, there is no rules on this. Good on Ed’s family for doing that. I don’t think it will help much though. Jade & Ed to go please. Save Drew & Tim.

10 Evan { 10.28.13 at 5:53 pm }

All their families are entitled to campaign on their behalf, but Ed’s loved ones have taken it to a new level.
His folks are obviously loaded, or the twin brother is loaded, or something like that.

11 Loz { 10.28.13 at 7:32 pm }

How are they loaded Evan? It doesn’t cost that much to put an ad in the paper!

12 willow { 10.28.13 at 7:53 pm }

I think it actually costs a lot to run an ad depending on the page, the size of the ad and the paper’s circulation.

Does anyone here know?

13 Bbhm { 10.28.13 at 8:03 pm }

Ed went to an exclusive elitist boys only school, PAC, that cost approx $25,000 per annum. His dad is a doctor and his mum is a nurse. They are very affluent and quite proper and snobby, and definitely don’t approve of Jade.

I read that written by another commentator, not sure if true or not, the commentator claimed to be from Adelaide and knew of the family

14 Rose { 10.28.13 at 8:07 pm }

I think Ed is the least popular of the four. The ad seems desperate.

There is also a video of Ed saying relationships are none of the other housemates business in a montage with him telling Tully that Drew was playing her. That is a good one as well.

15 slugger { 10.28.13 at 8:07 pm }

I wouldn’t approve of Jade either if she was chasing one of my boys, but only because she is whimpy and not showing any substance.

I’d gladly take Tahan into the family.

16 slugger { 10.28.13 at 8:13 pm }

Here’s a thought….what if your son came home with Boogs.
Aaaaaah! Not that mine would.

They never even came home with crabs or herpes.

17 Rose { 10.28.13 at 8:17 pm }

The idea is that Boogs is really from a wealthy family and went to expensive schools. They are farming or mining or something.

18 Ammo { 10.29.13 at 4:20 am }

Hmmm crabs herpes or boogs, its like picking a winner for the melbourne cup….

19 Veronicali { 10.29.13 at 8:41 am }

Um … don’t they have to declare how much it costs to vote? I would have thought that a requirement, but don’t see it in the ad?

20 BBM { 10.29.13 at 8:58 am }

I’d take Boogs as a DIL over Jade anytime a relationship had much more chance if both parties have self esteem. I’d also take Tahan but not sure my boy could handle her!

21 brain dead dave { 10.29.13 at 9:15 am }

Boog’s major liabilities are in my opinion:

* too fond of giving golden shower.
*can’t sit without exhibiting beaver
*unbearable voice

22 slugger { 10.29.13 at 9:45 am }

I couldn’t have Boogs as a dil. I have grandchildren and a veggie garden.

23 slugger { 10.29.13 at 9:50 am }

I’d take Tim. My family would love him especially the grandkids.
He could keep them amused for ages. He’d go so well with my boys.

Ed wouldn’t fit in at all. Too boring and no sense of humour.

24 Mittens { 10.29.13 at 10:27 am }

Boog’s voice would make my ears bleed. Waaaaaah!!!

I am making a collage of footage of Jaed to play when I can’t fall asleep.

And another of Boogs for a morning alarm. Waaaah!!!!