Recipe To Riches – The Last Heat Winner Is….

Last night it was party food on Recipe To Riches and Ramsay Horton won with meatballs. OK they are called Horton’s Jangles and are described as exotic chicken and pork balls but they look like meatballs. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He managed to beat spicy chicken wings and goat sausages.

If you want your “vote” to count make sure you buy them before Saturday midnight.

The final of Recipe To Riches is on next Tuesday night and the eleven heat winners will then find out how their product faired. At this stage I think the Chocorn or the samosas will take out the win.

What do you think will win?

Recipe To Riches on TEN Tuesday night at 7.30pm.

1 TickledPink { 11.06.13 at 11:15 am }

I really hope the chilli con carne wins, it was the only one I didn’t get to try & i heard it was pretty good!

2 Amy { 11.06.13 at 12:05 pm }

I think one of the earlier recipes will win purely because people were more interested in the show then. Maybe.

3 Joseph Skyrim { 11.06.13 at 12:14 pm }

Way too hard to pick for me. I’d like to think it’s between the Chocorn and those giant choc cookie things of the American lady. Looks like a recap heavy show next week too. 😛

4 Reality Raver { 11.06.13 at 12:19 pm }

Tickled Pink – Can confirm the chilli was great. Did you try the oxtail thing?

5 Littlepetal { 11.06.13 at 12:53 pm }

From here

Look like Billie’s biscuits is the winner. I think the winner will be from those in the first few weeks

6 all happening { 11.06.13 at 2:16 pm }

The pizza was my favorite.

7 Anonymous { 11.06.13 at 2:38 pm }

Well it’s obvious who won’t win: Ribs (sauce) and gluten free biscuits (which were merangues).
For some reason the pizza wasn’t very popular. People on Facebook were complaining about having to buy more food compared with the apple crumble in which you only added butter/margarine.
Yes the prices are dear but if you are on a strict budget then experimenting with new products is not for you. This is more aimed at foodies.

Fashion star was also a show that didn’t rate well but the clothes sold out quickly so they gave it a second season. But the ratings didn’t improve neither did the selling of the clothes.

8 all happening { 11.06.13 at 3:14 pm }

Anonymous, I think the ones complaining on fb are probably lazy. They want a finished product. The chance to use different toppings was in its favour for me.

9 TickledPink { 11.06.13 at 3:18 pm }

RR – yeah, wasn’t a fan of the oxtail not very good value for money
A lot of bone & not enough meat!

10 MJD { 11.06.13 at 3:50 pm }

The chili con carne was great, I ended up buying it twice.
The samosas were unexpectedly spicy (I married into a Sri Lankan family so am quite used to spicy foods, but wow, I almost hesitated to have them again).
I wasn’t a fan of the hot sauce, the ribs sauce or the merangues.
Nothing else looked appealing enough for me to buy. I missed the pizza one though, how many weeks ago was that?

I hope the chili con carne wins.

11 Bern { 11.06.13 at 6:11 pm }

I loved the hot chili sauce and as I have written previously, have bought about half a dozen more bottles since buying the first one, just to make sure I get to enjoy this sauce for a while yet. I loved the chili con carne but it needed more meat. I bought 3 boxes of it. I loved the samosa mixture, just not the thick pastry.

I found Billie’s ??? way too sweet even for me who loves chocolate. Likewise the Chocorn was too sweet and way too expensive. I notice that Cadbury’s have brought out a similar item and I shall try that.

I have bought the rib sauce and shall try that when I have time to pre-boil the ribs and I bought last night’s winning recipe even though I have yet to watch the show.

I hope that Woolworths are reading the R to R columns on this site and take notice of the feedback. They need to promote the show more on social media and television and I would love to see a second series. Perhaps there could be some real-time viewer feedback in terms of what item of the three chosen, that we as consumers would buy. Yes, this would be difficult with the production times but not impossible.

12 Fiona { 11.06.13 at 7:06 pm }

I quite liked the chili and the samosas were very nice, liked the spice. I also found the chocolate cookie things incredibly sweet so would not buy them again. My favourite far and away was the pizza dough & sauce – I bought a few of them and they have worked out brilliantly for me, my boys love it. Unfortunately our Woolworths placed the pizza dough in an obscure corner not where they usually put the Recipe to Riches items and I nearly missed it, so I am afraid for him that he may not win.
The rib sauce and meringues were still on the shelf well into the week so that does not bode well for them.

13 PollyB { 11.06.13 at 11:39 pm }

I’ve bought the Jangles. One thing I’m not sure about is the name. Sounds like jandals, NZ footwear. But, they are nice. At first I thought they only taste like meat & lemongrass, but they are moreish. Flavours develop and linger after the food has disappeared. I bought rib sauce today. I also bought Billie’s, they were way to “american” for me. Super sweet. I’ve still got the chilli sauce. I like that. I would liked to have tried a couple of the losing recipes – the apple ball thingys and the sauce from last night. I can’ t remember much else. I really hope something that is not chocolate wins. Chocolate is boring.

14 Maz { 11.07.13 at 9:18 am }

The pizza bases are the only ones I have brought multiple times (reduced!).

Problem for the show is as it goes on people have twig that Woolworths will reduce the featured product once the week has expired. So why pay full price when (if you are lucky and you are curious but not desperate to try the product) you can find it reduced on the following Wednesday. Haven’t seen the desserts reduced though.

MJD-feel the same about the somaos. They are okay cold and smothered in tomato sauce :)

I did the right thing the first week (but they were too greasy for the price) so the order of products may have stuffed them up a bit.

15 Dave { 11.23.13 at 10:34 am }

Honestly Horton’s Jangles are fluffy, overly spiced garbage. Real and proper crap. And this is coming from a junkfood lover. Judges must’ve been utterly romanced by the sob story. S.H.I.T.