The Block Fans Versus Favourites

the block fans v faves

It looks like The Block producers are borrowing ideas from Survivor with their next season being a Fans V Favourites. This means they get to have new contestants as well as bring back a few of the popular teams. Maybe they might mix it up a bit and make up a team of some previous players like George and Jarrod?

It will be interesting to see who is brought back this time. Will it be Rod and Tania, Polly and Waz or Dale and Sophie. Filming must be starting soon so keep an eye out if you live in Melbourne.

What do you think of the concept? Who would you like to see return for the show.

The Block Fans V Faves on NINE in 2014.

1 Ari { 11.07.13 at 1:07 pm }

This is really interesting because I remember someone I follow suggested to The Block Twitter account that they should do a Fans VS Favourites season and The Block Twitter account replied that it was a good idea! Maybe they took it on. 😉

I’ve only seen one season of The Block so honestly I’d like to see Matt & Kim again. :)

2 Izobel2 { 11.07.13 at 1:18 pm }

Didn’t they just have All Stars??? It’s not as if there’s been a hundred seasons like Survivor. So surely there’s not that many couples to choose from. The Block annoys me most of the time anyway so I just watch the last ep each week. Too much filler, challenges, and tradies. Hey I could go on there if I can just ring a plumber and a tiler and a carpenter etc, while I go shopping for cushions.

I also don’t want to see someone that’s won $400,000 come back and win more money. That’s just my opinion anyway. I’m sure there are lots of fans out there that would love the cash and be on tv.

3 PollyB { 11.07.13 at 1:38 pm }

God no, not Rod & Tania, Scott Cam’s best bogan buddies. Ugh.

I agree with Izobel2, there is just too much filler these days. It was better when it was a reno comp where there were budgets etc. Now it is who can decorate to satisfy the judges personal tastes and cause drama on cue.

4 drb123 { 11.07.13 at 3:09 pm }

Bring back the 2 fat tradies. Through over production and foreman screw ups, they almost killed one of them last time. This would let the production team finish the job.

I almost think I’m out on the AU Block. Just finished watching the NZ Block (the accents are a bit annoying), it is a much more pleasant program with more realistic budgets and room outcomes

5 brain dead dave { 11.07.13 at 3:20 pm }

Only watch the reveals. This show is ground zero for bogans.

6 Maz { 11.07.13 at 10:09 pm }

Think it is a bad idea. As Isobel2 points out there isn’t a depth of past contestants to make it worth while and as this site can attest there are a number of willing candidates out there. (How is that casting couch holding up?).

Its also would place the fans (unless they are in trades in their home state) at a disadvantage competing against the ‘favs’ who know the lay of the land.

The uber bitch season would be J&J, D&D, the twins, Jake & Erin.

Would like to see them do Brisbane next season.

7 Lisa { 11.08.13 at 8:51 am }

Not a fan of returning players of any show. We’ve seen what they can do. And they usually come back with even larger egos

8 steve { 11.09.13 at 8:34 pm }

australias no 1 city overlooked again for shithole city…stuff the Block….crap television anyway

9 Georgie { 11.09.13 at 9:41 pm }

Yeah agree Steve and why don’t they try a season in Brisbane and another in Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Canberra, Hobart? Come on gice, spread the love!

10 mittens { 11.09.13 at 9:50 pm }

A housework programme. Anyone want to watch me iron and hubby mow the lawn?

11 KC { 11.10.13 at 7:51 pm }

Alisa and Lysandra! PLEASE

12 LiamF { 11.10.13 at 11:55 pm }

Went to check it out on wednesday, lots of action going on there. filming has definetly started, as we saw several cameramen out the front. We were also able to catch a sight of someone getting out of one of the suzuki’s and walking in, i am 99% sure that it was Brad, so my guess is that Brad and Lara will be in this series, im going to go down and catch a glimpse again sometime this week, will keep you all notified. :)

13 KylieJ { 11.13.13 at 10:55 am }

Spoiler Alert – Brad & Dale, Alysa & Lysandra, that’s all I’m saying.

14 Frank { 11.16.13 at 10:22 pm }

They don’t use the other cities because the core viewership is always in Melbourne. Even the Sydneysiders didn’t watch the last season in Sydney.

15 Ben { 11.20.13 at 4:12 pm }

Saw the twins driving around south Melbourne in the Scotty mobile for fans vs favourites, so they are definitely on the show again

16 Georgie { 11.20.13 at 4:24 pm }

#14 – it sounds like “Sydneysiders” are more discerning.

17 Techhater { 11.20.13 at 4:30 pm }

Well i’ll have to give some serious thought to whether i watch this season or not.

I thought D&D were bad enough for a second time but the twins really ruined the last season for me. And i’ve watched every season even NZBlock. Which IMO was pretty good.

The twins rate as lowly as the creature that won BB12, and that’s bad in my book.

18 brain dead dave { 11.20.13 at 4:30 pm }

Glad to hear the twins are as far away from Adelaide as possible.

19 Techhater { 11.20.13 at 5:26 pm }