Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia Kicks Off With A Christmas Special

Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia is back and there will be five glorious episodes starting off with a Christmas special.

Shown on the Lifestyle Channel on December 1st Myf Warhurst, Simone Callahan (Warnie’s ex), Steve Price and Anthony Koutoufides will be battling it out for the ultimate dinner party host. They will win $2000 for their chosen charity.

The one-hour format covers all four dinner parties, with the winner announced at the end.

The rest of the series starts on January 7 and the celebrities include:

Former-Olympian Lisa Curry,Brisbane Bronco’s captain Sam Thaiday, Olympic diver Matthew Mitcham and fitness guru Tiffany Hall; iconic fashion designer Peter Morrissey; landscape designer Charlie Albone; outrageous comedians and glamorous showgirls Maria Venuti and Carlotta; broadcasters and TV presenters Luke Jacobz, Sophie Falkiner, and Gretel Killeen; musicians, and stars of stage and screen James Morrison, Christie Whelan Browne, Red Symons and Mark Holden; and journalist and Lifestyle Channel ambassador Kate Waterhouse.

Fans of the show will be happy television and radio presenter James Valentine is back on board as narrator

Celebrity Christmas Come Dine With Me Australia episode that will air on Sunday, December 1 at 8.30pm on the Lifestyle Channel.

The rest of Celebrity Come Dine With Me Australia series starts on January 7, Thursdays at 8.30pm on Lifestyle.

1 Gabby { 11.11.13 at 3:43 pm }

Sounds like a great line up of celebrities for the series. Really looking forward to it. A few names I will be really interested to see in a social situation.

2 Alicia { 11.11.13 at 7:21 pm }

Looks good! Love Come Dine With Me and like Gabby, interested to see some of these celebs in a social situation.

3 Izobel2 { 11.11.13 at 9:42 pm }

Yay yay yay!! Love Come Dine With Me – any country – especially the UK though.
Watched last year’s Aussie celeb version and it was a lot of fun.
Thanks for the update RR.

4 Reality Raver { 11.12.13 at 10:30 am }

I am looking forward to seeing Simone Callaghan for some bizarre reason.

5 Sandii { 11.12.13 at 11:00 am }

Pity I don’t have lifestyle channel, it sounds great!

6 Gabby { 11.12.13 at 2:54 pm }

I’m looking forward to seeing Gretel Killeen! Izobel have you been watching the Irish one? There were a few crazy ones in amongst that lot, great for a laugh though.

7 Izobel2 { 11.12.13 at 4:15 pm }

Hi Gabby! I don’t get the food channel but I see that the Irish version is on there! It annoys me that I can’t watch it! I bet it’s funny! My bro in law is Irish, I love Irish folk. The English version is on the lifestyle channel and at least I get that. (husband is on the cheap arse sports package – but I get a few good channels thrown in there).
I love the English version because I’m in love with the voiceover dude.

8 Gabby { 11.12.13 at 7:53 pm }

Hi Izobel, my husband is Irish, so I am stuck with it 24/7, God love him.
I love the guy that does the voice over as well, at first couldn’t stand him, now can’t imagine anyone else doing the job. They just keep rolling these shows out, they must have been right around England and back again. I love all these shows as well. The Greek ones were a hoot. They were so serious and their food was nothing like I thought it would be.

9 Izobel2 { 11.12.13 at 9:30 pm }

The Greek one sounds interesting Gabby.
I saw an English one not too long ago where one of the contestants won, and then after taping they realised he was actually a Chef and he’d been lying the whole episode about who he was so he was disqualified and the money was taken away from him. I wish they would’ve found out beforehand so they could confront him with it! Who’d cheat over 100o pounds!

10 Gabby { 11.12.13 at 10:37 pm }

I missed that one. I would love to have seen him confronted by the other contestants. I’m with you Izobel, I do enjoy the show and I like it when they have the four houses in one episode. I hate it when you only get one house an episode.
I wish Australia would make more episodes.
Have you been watching Australia’s Embarrassing Bodies? I never thought Aussies would be brave enough to get up there and let it all hang out.

11 Izobel2 { 11.12.13 at 11:05 pm }

Oh totally Gabby. Nothing worse than an episode per house. It drags on too long. One hour times 4 houses plus winner equals great tv!!
Yeah Australia makes like 4 a year! Too few.
I’ve watched loads of Dr Christian & Dr Pixies Embarrassing bodies, but have only seen about 1 or 2 eps of the Oz version. It’s very similar to the UK version, and yes I’m shocked that us Aussies show as much as we do. Considering they might be seen by someone they know!!