Australia’s Got Talent May Be Dumped By NINE

Even after Australia’s Got Talent rated 1.39 million for the Grand Final it is being reported it is not certainty to be back on our screens in 2014.

TV Tonight is reporting the future of the show is undecided and with The Voice and The Voice Kids it just may be one too many talent shows for the Network.

If it does not return hopefully they will give Julia Morris  another hosting gig. Maybe she will be the host for The Voice Kids, though I would have thought they would go for a Gen Y to connect with the target audience.

The good news is The Great Australian Bake Off is still on the table for 2014 neither confirmed but also not ditched.

Great show that was treated shabbily by the Network placed in a 8.30pm Tuesday spot where it was either a 6.30pm Sunday or 7.30pm show. The cast was great and there was a nice chemistry between Kerry Vincent and Dan Lepard as well as being well cast. Let’s hope they give it another crack and give it a chance to find an audience.

Do you want AGT or Bake Off to return?

1 Miss Maudy { 11.12.13 at 12:05 pm }

I would really like the Great Australian Bake Off to come back. It was so different to the other cooking shows as it was more about the food and way less about the backstory of the contestants. I don’t care how horrendous their life was before now! All I want to see is awesome baking.

The kids liked AGT. I liked the auditions, but the rest was a bit dull.

2 Carole { 11.12.13 at 12:10 pm }

Didn’t watch Australia’s Got Talent but loved Bake Off. I hope it comes back, and like you say gets a better time slot. I agree, Sunday at 6.30 would be perfect. It was too late at 8.30 on Tuesday night, especially while MasterChef was on.

3 Sarah { 11.12.13 at 4:47 pm }

I also didn’t watch AGT, but I love Bake Off. The british version is one of my favourite shows, and I was so happy to finally see an Australian version. I have to admit that cooking shows are the only reality tv that I usually watch, but this year with Master Chef and MKR I found myself recording and fast forwarding through most of the shows. GABO however was less about the ‘drama’ and more about the food, which was great. I agree though that it does need a more appropriate time slot. Not to mention actually airing when they originally advertise it will. The delay between the original promotion (after easter) and when we finally saw it was just silly!

4 Fiona { 11.12.13 at 9:47 pm }

I would like Bake Off to return – I love that show! Whilst I love AGT also, it always ends up showcasing singers and we have so many singing shows that it is doubling up in that regard.

5 Gabby { 11.12.13 at 10:54 pm }

Glad they still have Bake Off on the table as a possible for next year.
It was a nice change from some other shows and I liked the hosts and judges. It moved along and only improved as the season progressed.

6 Izobel2 { 11.12.13 at 11:07 pm }

I watched Bake Off and enjoyed it. Would be happy for it to return. Delicious looking food and very entertaining.
AGT – goodbye, you won’t be missed. I watch basically anything and I just can’t watch this show.

7 Andrea the other one { 11.13.13 at 12:47 pm }

Love to see Great Australian Bake Off back on the screen. Great judges and contestants who were supportive of each other. No gimmicks like camel riding, making your own flour, tag team cooking, compared to Masterchef.