Want To Know What To Watch Now Ratings Are Done? Here Are Some Suggestions

The big shows are over or wrapping up for the year on the free-to-air channels so this is to find some other juicy TV nuggets to watch and there are quite a few and it is the digital channels that are giving the reality TV gold as well as pay-TV just going on as normal with their fast tracking of the US series.

The Bachelor US season starts Tuesday night on GO Channel this is the season with Sean Lowe as The Bachelor. Kicks off at 7.30pm.

Survivor Blood V Water on GO on Thursday nights at 7.30pm. Returning players are teamed with a loved one. It is a cracker season and it has only hit the merge.

The Amazing Race new US season is only up to episode five. Currently screening on SEVEN at 11pm on Thursday nights.

America’s Next Top Model starts on Fox 8 on Tuesday Nov 19. This series has the twist of boys and girls competing for the title.

Top Chef New Orleans has just started on Friday nights on Arena TV at 8.30pm as has the new season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules on Tuesday nights on Arena. Also the new season of Real Housewives Atlanta started last Sunday at 8.30pm on Arena. Followed by Real Housewives Vancouver.

Ninja Warrior which is not strictly reality TV is a bit of fun and that is on SBS2 most nights it is like It’s A Knockout but taken far more seriously with Iron Chef style commentary.

Readers of this blog are also fans of If You Are The One the Chinese dating show now moved to 7.45pm on SBS2 on Wednesday nights watched by 50 million Chinese fans.

British Next Top Model continues on ELEVEN on Saturday afternoons at 4.00pm watch it while you can as it has been put on hiatus. Followed by New Zealand Next Top Model.

Saturday night’s on SBS2 is RuPaul’s Drag Race which is in the gay TV genre it is a competitive reality TV show with trannies competing. It is funny. It is on at 8.45pm.

Wild Racers is a show that follows an adventure race it started last night on ONE at 6.30pm. ONE is TEN’s blokes channel. It is teams racing by foot, kayak and cycle throughout terrain and they are only given the course 24 hours before setting off. The first few episodes are set in Tasmania before the race takes them to Ecuador.

Hook, Line and Sister follows on ONE on Sunday’s at 7.00pm. This is a reality show set in Alaska about salmon fishing. These fishing shows can be quite captivating as anyone who has watched Deadliest Catch can attest. More information on this series here.

Matt Moran’s new series Paddock to Plate is on Wednesday 8.30pm on Lifestyle Channel.

Fans of Rick Stein might want to check out Rick Stein’s India starting Monday December 2 at 8.30pm.

If you have some recommendations on shows you are enjoying or watching now or coming up please let us know in the comment section below.

1 Gin { 11.12.13 at 5:27 pm }

Great post RR would never have known about these shows

2 Carole { 11.12.13 at 5:52 pm }

Definitely watching Survivor & Amazing Race. Sometimes we have got new shows over the Christmas non ratings break that have been quite good.

3 Dr T { 11.12.13 at 7:34 pm }

SBS carries their awesome OS shows on their On-Demand site too. I love Takeshi’s castle with the original dialogue (not the MXC version), and Unbeatable Banzuke is also great.

If You Are The One is awesome. Thanks Mrs Woolif (sorry! Struggling to remember your name!)

4 daisy { 11.12.13 at 8:07 pm }

You’re welcome Dr T.

I was really disappointed I missed your appearance on telly the other day. Damn. You’ll have to go on something else so I can have another chance. Try something long running, like the Bachelor 😉

My grandson loves Banzuke and we have a DVD of Takeshi’s Castle.

Woolif will be so happy that he was the more memorable of the two.

5 Lisa { 11.12.13 at 8:24 pm }

I’ve really enjoyed this season of Top Model. The boys have added new life to this show by adding a different dynamic amongst the contestants.

6 Dr T { 11.12.13 at 8:25 pm }

Arrrrrrrrrrgh! Sorry Daisy!

How about Australia’s Funniest Home Video?

7 daisy { 11.12.13 at 9:10 pm }

Anything you like Dr T…
MKR
Amazing Race
Border Security
RPH
The Force
Deal…
Just give us plenty of advance notice.

8 megan { 11.12.13 at 9:43 pm }

catfish on mtv.. a really good show.

9 Sandii { 11.12.13 at 10:02 pm }

I just saw a promo for an INXS show. Does anyone have any clue when it is starting.

10 mittens { 11.12.13 at 10:11 pm }

Sandii, BDD or Georgie are sure to know.

11 Georgie { 11.12.13 at 11:09 pm }

All I know gice – it’s a two part mini series to air on Ch7 in 2014.

12 Roo { 11.13.13 at 1:17 pm }

I watched an INXS show (well it was on the life of Michael Hutchence) last night.

13 brain dead dave { 11.13.13 at 1:25 pm }

The gel who won X Factor last year is playing Kylie Minogue in the mini series is all I recall from the promo I saw.

During the summer I’ll enjoy shows like Verminators, Black Gold ,RBT etc

14 Rose { 11.13.13 at 3:30 pm }

From a US point of view, please don’t watch the batchelor as it is all so staged.

I’m loving survivor this season.

Random list of shows I watch:

The walking dead – which terrifies me so I have to watch the talking dead first

The paradise- shown here on PBS – you may have seen it already in Australia.

Project runway – but they are doing all stars. Might be good.

Omg- watch duck dynasty- I’ve only seen a few episodes but it is a crazy show. The people are real and hard to believe they exist. As a New Yorker I tend to watch with my mouth hanging open that these people live in the same country as me. The hotness factor is sub zero though- the men are gross and the wives are ok, but there has to be something wrong with them for being with these guys.

I like Graham Norton from BBC America.

15 Rose { 11.13.13 at 3:32 pm }

I miss bbaustralia. Working on my big brother challenge. It’s slowly coming together.

16 kess { 11.13.13 at 3:37 pm }

Britain & Ireland’s Next Top Model – Friday nights 11, is this the same as the Saturday show you have on your list?

I’m now in training for the biggest & best ever world-wide TV event =
Doctor Who’s 50th celebration & simulcast.
The Day of the Doctor
6.50 am, Sunday 24 November, ABC TV

Cinemas: The Day of the Doctor 3D
Sunday 24 & Monday 25, 2 days only

David Tennant, Matt Smith, John Hurt
Plus companions

17 Izobel2 { 11.13.13 at 11:09 pm }

Yes Kess. They replay the Fri night ep on a Saturday, but also play the NZ version straight after it.

Sorry Rose, I’m a Bachelor junkie! I loved Sean’s first ep last night!!

18 TEN’s Summer Schedule -Australian Idol To Be Fastracked | reality ravings { 11.15.13 at 9:29 am }

[…] As you know the pickings over Summer can be a bit slim particularly on the free-to-air channels if you don’t like sport. See previous blog post on some non-ratings TV viewing options. […]

19 all happening { 11.15.13 at 2:15 pm }

I watched paddock to Plate on Wed night and really enjoyed it. Matt Moran showed local products and then made dishes using the products.
I just read a story in the Courier Mail that Great Australian BBQ is in Brisbane in Feb and they are going to film it with a view to making a reality TV series out of it. Mike Goldman is hosting and Alistair McLeod is involved. I couldn’t find a link to this, I am sorry. It could be an interesting concept given how many BBQ Ozzies have. The one off event is to raise money for Meals on Wheels.

20 Honey Bee { 11.15.13 at 5:37 pm }

Rose we did have the Paradise, right after Upstairs Downstairs. Both were very good.

I love Graham Norton Show too. And am missing BBAus.
I will however continue to watch BachUS.

All happening I will give Paddock a go.

21 Carole { 11.16.13 at 9:02 pm }

I’m really loving Blacklist, Scandal, Homeland & Hostages at the moment. I like Wonderland too which just finished part way through the season. Person Of Interest is coming back soon, so looking forward to that. Stupid ch 9 took it off with 1 episode to go.

22 mittens { 11.16.13 at 9:21 pm }

I like Blacklist too Carole but it’s a bit cornier than I had hoped. It’s still watchable.

Is there anything good at all on tonight or will hubby and I have to get out the Monopoly or Twister.

23 mittens { 11.16.13 at 9:23 pm }

BTW it’s still only 6.20 here.

24 brain dead dave { 11.16.13 at 9:25 pm }

You’ll need Monopoly AND Twister. It’s garbage.

Except for The Closer.

Well, it’s early , so you get to watch The Bachelor again.

25 mittens { 11.16.13 at 9:36 pm }

Thanks BDD. Well Monopoly for the break-up and Twister for the make-up.

I saw there is something called Finding Your Roots.

Movie Mayhem has at 9.30 has something called The Door which sounds interesting.
I don’t need to see Tim again and I have probably seen all of the CSIs.

26 Georgie { 11.16.13 at 10:00 pm }

Stuff Monopoly, get one of those rockin’ good music dvd’s in the slot and dance your arse off mittens.

27 mittens { 11.16.13 at 11:24 pm }

Yeah. Good idea Georgie. I love lounge-room dancing.
I am better than Salty Rain :)