Johanna Griggs Gives New Idea A Twitter Spanking

New Idea

Well New Idea had me fooled with the Johanna Griggs story on this week’s front cover which had the House Rules host on the front cover with the headline of “My Shock News at 40”. I was savvy enough not to be tricked into thinking she was pregnant but had thought it was a puff piece dished up between the magazine and Channel SEVEN.

So it was slightly surprising to find out the whole article was cobbled together without Johanna’s input.

And she was pissed off and let cyberspace know it.

Screen shot 2013-11-19 at 2.24.30 PM

News.com.au have the full story on how the double page spread was put together.

1 Culinary Boner { 11.19.13 at 2:29 pm }

So what was Joanna’s fictional ‘shock news at 40’ according to No Idea?…
She found a grey pube?
She’s sprouting a Movember ‘tache?

2 Dr T { 11.19.13 at 2:45 pm }

CB – Movember is almost over – she’s gearing up for Fanuary

3 Culinary Boner { 11.19.13 at 2:50 pm }

As is Qatar, Dr T – http://www.news.com.au/technology/design/qatar-accidentally-builds-vagina-stadium-for-world-cup/story-fnjwucti-1226763150869
– who apparently are going to great lengths, in a manner of speaking.

4 Andrea { 11.19.13 at 2:53 pm }

RR, I thought the same thing, surely she’s not pregnant, but no, the shock news is only how happy and fulfilled she feels at 40, and how thrilled she is that “House Rules” is returning for a second season.
Big Deal, I don’t blame her for being annoyed with New Idea.

5 Dr T { 11.19.13 at 2:54 pm }

CB – yeah, someone had that link on facebook. Brilliant!

JG is kinda biting the hand that helps feed her (I understand the industry – I watched Frontline)

6 Culinary Boner { 11.19.13 at 3:06 pm }

Oh “happy and fulfilled”. Thanks Andrea.
Also dodging this bullet might have something to do with it: http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/12/20/1225812/223755-gary-sweet.jpg

7 Georgie { 11.19.13 at 4:24 pm }

I think Johanna’s shock news at 40 is…
she just turned 40 about 4 weeks ago!

8 Littlepetal { 11.19.13 at 4:43 pm }

Must be slow news week that NW has to invent news that is not news

9 Techhater { 11.19.13 at 5:33 pm }

Little petal I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the first time they’ve invented a story.

10 brain dead dave { 11.19.13 at 5:50 pm }

It’d be news if No Idea did a story that wasn’t fake.

11 peacetrain { 11.19.13 at 8:27 pm }

I saw a headline years ago that said, “Pregnancy shock for Jennifer Anniston”. The shock turned out to be that she wasn’t pregnant.

After that one I belive no mag covers.

12 bella vita { 11.19.13 at 11:31 pm }

Johanna shouldn’t be complaining. She used the magazines when it’s suited her over the years
*Her failed swimming career
*Her marriage to Gary Sweet
*Her divorce from Gary Sweet
*Raising her boys alone
*Finding new love
*Giving up having another baby
*Getting married
*Starting a new business
*Getting fired from Seven
*Getting re-hired by Seven
and it goes on and on and on

She is a boring, never should have been tv waste of space. Can’t stand her

13 PollyB { 11.20.13 at 9:36 am }

bella vita – I couldn’t have said it better myself.

14 Bern { 11.20.13 at 11:39 am }

I beg to differ about Bella Vita’s views on Johanna Griggs. I follow her news from a distance just as I followed her swimming career which she did not fail in. She just did not reach the dizzying heights of other swimmers like Libby Trickett. I think Johanna is someone who is a good inspiration to others of someone who gets kicked and then gets back up again.

But I do find it ironic that celebs chase the media as Johanna has done and then don’t like it when NI do what they have done. Still I wouldn’t like it if I were used to sell a magazine and purported to have been interviewed for the story when that isn’t the case.

15 Bern { 11.20.13 at 11:39 am }

16 Dr T { 11.20.13 at 12:34 pm }

No, I’m with Bella Vita on this one – waste of space

17 mittens { 11.20.13 at 12:37 pm }

Hey Dr T….what about going on DWTS?

If Sophia is a star then so are you.

18 Dr T { 11.20.13 at 12:57 pm }

Mittens – I’d probably end up looking like this:

19 Dr T { 11.20.13 at 12:57 pm }

I could go on Detoxing WTS – that’d work

20 mittens { 11.20.13 at 1:18 pm }

There is a celebrity rehab.

Or perhaps you could dress up as a Jewish mother for the next season of that show. Or a rabbi?

21 Georgie { 11.20.13 at 3:40 pm }

No one can accuse Johanna of having a personality.

22 Techhater { 11.20.13 at 4:08 pm }

Mittens i can’t imagine Dr T as a Jewish mother but if he was my son i could say “My son the Dr.”

Dt T shame you’re married because “my daughtet the nurse….” LOL
By the way my family and i saw you on Million Dollar Minute.

Georgie Exactly i’ve seen roadkill with more personality.

23 LW { 11.20.13 at 8:38 pm }

I used to be New Idea’s art director, and I could tell you a few stories… But I won’t in case the lawyers are reading!

24 bella vita { 11.21.13 at 1:46 am }

Oh…..LW do tell!!! (but perhaps rephrase your post and say you used to be an art director on a mag!)

25 mittens { 11.21.13 at 11:53 am }

Dr T, it doesn’t matter what it is. I just missed my chance at seeing our local RR celeb on telly.

What about Beauty and the Geek? Are you geeky enough? They can just dress you down for the show.

And ha ha TH.

26 Heidi { 11.21.13 at 1:55 pm }

Glad she stuck it to New Idea! Great find RR

27 percy { 11.22.13 at 11:47 pm }

I heard that Joanna Griggs plays a star role in the latest Juarissic Park movie .She plays the part of a nurse who comforts the hero played by a politician ,who is dying after being disembowelled by a T Rex

28 percy { 11.23.13 at 12:00 am }

Johanna Griggs could do well in movies